February 2013 Moms

Belly fat

If you had a vag delivery and HAVENT lost the bsby weight, do you have excess belly fat?

I've seen so many moms complain of the fat shelf they have from their Csection.

I thought the belly came from extra fat, not from having a csection. Are csection mamas using this as an excuse for their guts?

FWIW. I had a CS and have belly fat, but it goes away when I lose the baby weight.
View Full Size Image
Lilypie - (kxiS)
Lilypie - (BG2d)

Re: Belly fat

• I'm at a weight that I was at when I first got married and lived on pasta because we were broke. I saved my "fat" clothes for when I did get pregnant and most of those clothes don't fit comfortably because of my bet pooch.

So yes I do feel like I have a fat belly. I also managed to gain about 45 lbs and I've only lost 25 as of yet.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I lost half right a away and haven't lost an oz since. I think I still look 6 months pregnant. It's gross.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Also, I had a vag delivery and this is my first baby. I hate to think how things will be after 2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I gained 15 lbs while pregnant, and within a week after having the baby was 18 lbs before prepregnancy weight.. Awesome, right? NO! I have always been a runner and in pretty good shape.. I've gained back about 5 of those lbs, and they all seem to be hanging out in my belly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm the same. Lost 25 lbs right away and then nothing since.  I really wish I  could fit in some pants
  • image kbates85:
    Also, I had a vag delivery and this is my first baby. I hate to think how things will be after 2.
    For me the damage was done with the first. I didn't look any worse with 2nd or 3rd...but it was never back to "pre preg physique."
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lbug09Lbug09
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Had a vaginal delivery and lost the baby weight within the first 2 weeks pp, and since lost about 6 more lbs. BUT I do NOT look the same. Belly is more flabby...it sucks. Its probably my own fault tho because BFing makes me hungry so I eat whatever is around and don't really have time to work out. I keep meaning to do some of those 10min workouts on comcast on demand though!
  • Vaginal delivery here and last I checked Ive still got what I call my pouch...my mom calls me a kangaroo because of this pouch. How rude. So I don't think it's a csection thing.

Oh yea and Ive lost all my baby weight plus four extra pounds. Yet this pouch is still there!
  • image Meggy T.:
    I'm at a weight that I was at when I first got married and lived on pasta because we were broke. I saved my "fat" clothes for when I did get pregnant and most of those clothes don't fit comfortably because of my bet pooch.

So yes I do feel like I have a fat belly. I also managed to gain about 45 lbs and I've only lost 25 as of yet.

This almost exactly! Still have 18 lbs to lose and my old fat jeans are what I'm wearing. Stomach pooch is in full effect.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a vaginal delivery and am still about five lbs above my prepregnancy weight, but my belly is actually almost back to normal. No fat shelf, just a lack of muscle tone. It's probably a combination of good behavior and food genes. Prior to getting pregnant, the torso rotation machine at the gym was my best friend, so I had strong ab muscles to begin with. But also, despite gaining 30 lbs all in my stomach, I didnt get any stretch marks, so I suspect that's an elasticity thing, which probably helped keep things right as my belly shrunk, and that's got to be genetic. I'm definitely counting my blessings there!