January 2013 Moms

IUD FAIL

So I went and had a mirena IUD placed because I didn't trust the mini pill... Well at my follow up today I find out that it has perforated through my uterus and is now somewhere by my liver and colon and I have to surgery to get it out. And I get to take plan b to make sure I am not pregnant. And my daughter can't take a bottle so I have no way to feed her during this process. *** awesome.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: IUD FAIL

• 82Sonia82Sonia member
    Wow, so sorry to hear about this. Very scary.

• I'm sorry. That sucks.
  • Loading the player...
  • omg how scary, crazy, and just wow... im so sorry that you have to go through all that!.... fingers crossed for you!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • scary! hope everything turns out ok for you! if you don't mind me asking, was there any sign that there was something wrong? my dr told me i didn't need a follow up unless i had continual "more than spotting" bleeding or cramping. i was pretty sure i am technically supposed to get a follow up, but thats navy drs for you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my gosh. Thats crazy!  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• holly52holly52 member
    Oh my! I am sooo sorry that is terrible.  I hope everything works out okay for you. I am totally paranoid about my mirena migrating, and my doctor didn't do a follow up which makes me more uneasy.  I'm considering getting it taken out just because I'm paranoid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKyleedawn08:
    scary! hope everything turns out ok for you! if you don't mind me asking, was there any sign that there was something wrong? my dr told me i didn't need a follow up unless i had continual "more than spotting" bleeding or cramping. i was pretty sure i am technically supposed to get a follow up, but thats navy drs for you!nbsp;

I didn't get a follow up either.

OP, I'm glad they caught it before something really bad happened!

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • EagsEags member
    Glad they caught it, but it sucks that it happened. TPs for an easy surgery and recovery.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Oh god, that's terrifying. I hope everything goes smoothly and you recover quickly.

• Oh that is so scary, I am so sorry!

Talk with your doc or midwife about renting an SNS system for the duration. If you have some milk stored you can use that so that she's nursing but mainly getting the stored milk not new milk? 

Good luck and feel better quickly! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG I'm so sorry to hear that! I would also be curious to know if there were any signs. I have my follow-up appointment tomorrow morning and this has made me a bit nervous now.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I can't believe that happened, sorry you have to go through surgery and the stress of figuring out how to feed your daughter through all of that. I wonder if they warn you about the possibility of this happening before it gets placed?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ta78ta78 member

I'm so sorry. That is really scary. This is one of the reasons I'm afraid to get an IUD. I'm terrified of something going terribly wrong.

Good luck. I hope it all goes well. 

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Thanks everyone for the replies,I go in this morning to schedule it. They said I should be able to have more kids which is good. As for signs, I had a lot of one sided pain for a week or so after it was placed which I thought was weird but no bleeding at all. I also could not find the strings which I heard is common but that is why I went to my follow up. So make sure it is in!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Scary!  I'm really sorry you're dealing with this. :(
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Poor thing. So sorry, hope all works out

Sending hugs ur way 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"