April 2013 Moms

Long stretches during the day but NOT at night?

I'm tired. Little man seems to be stretching out his feedings during the day but is up like clock work every 2 hours from 10pm-6am. It frustrating. 

Anyone else dealing with this? He will be 4 weeks on Sat. Feel free to tell me to shut the hell up and enjoy it. I tell myself over and over during the MOTN feedings that it'll be over before i know it and he'll be running circles around me. BUT still I need sleep! Oy!  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Long stretches during the day but NOT at night?

• instead of letting bsby stretch feedings out, Can you try to feed more during the day to try to reverse things a little? I am more than happy to feed every 2 hours during the day if it buys me some sleep at night.
  • He gained almost 2lbs from birth to his 2 week check up so they said not to wake him anymore but I think I am going to anyways. I just did and he isn't a happy camper! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Even though the pedi told you not to wake him I would do it anyways. I wake my daughter up (she's 3 weeks old) every 2 hrs throughout the day. I will do a diaper change first because she usually needs one and it helps to wake her up so she's a more effecient eater. She sleeps anywhere from 2 to 4 hr stretches at night whereas before she was waking up every hour and staying awake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had this problem the first few days. I just woke her up every 2 hrs during the day. Give her a bath around 7, fed her, then feed her another time before I go to bed. She would sleep about 4 hrs, now she's 3 wks and sleeps from 10pm3304am
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Ash*
  • My cousins wife has breastfed 5 children and the only advise she felt I needed was to always feed a baby every 2 hours during the day until they're sleeping 6+ hours last night. I did it with DS1 and although he was a terrible sleeper, it did help to stretch his nighttime sleep. So far it's working great for DS2 who sleeps two four hour chunks at night and seems to want to stretch to five hours but my boobs can't wait that long. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister in law woke her baby up every 3 hours during the day and by the time my niece was 4 weeks, she was sleeping the whole night. Somewhere from 10-8! I just don't know what I'd do because my DD has days where she sleeps in 2 hr intervals and days where its 3 hr intervals. But otherwise waking them up at some point seems to work!
  • I would wake him during the day every 2-3 hours or so, and see if he resets his own night time for you...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"