April 2013 Moms

just for fun...

What songs do you like to sing to your babies? Any not-really-for kids songs?

I sing my baby "Baby Mine" from Dumbo and "I'd Like to Visit the Moon" from Elmopalooza.

As for a not-for-kids song, I go with "Take Me Home" by Tom Waits and "Visions of Johanna" by Bob Dylan.

You?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: just for fun...

• Lol I sing songs with the words baby in it. when I say sing, mostly the chorus because I don't know the words.
    The I love you baby song
    Good morning beautiful

I also have been singing Bruno mars should've bought you flowers I was obsessed with that song during pregnancy and it's like she remembers me singing it :
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member
    I sing the song from the movie Waitress...Baby Don't You Cry and You Are My Sunshine to DS all the time. I also often hum the songs from musicals like Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.

DD likes to sing Rockabye Baby to him. She replaces the word treetop with treehouse. It's adorable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I sing "Jesus Loves Me" to the baby because it's basically the only kids song I know all the words. Sometimes I bust out a couple random lines from other lullaby's but I only know a line or two. We have a couple baby lullaby CD's for Nirvana and No Doubt that have music without words. I like to sing "In Bloom" when I take her outside to sit on the patio. Also, when I was pregnant "Thrift Shop" was on the radio ALL the time so I joked with DH that was baby's jam. I edit it when I sing of course. :)
  • none5none5 member
    I don't sing ever--it's better for everyone that way, but LO really likes the Ray LaMontagne station on pandora. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I sing You Are My Sunshine. MH sings O Canada because he doesn't know the words to anything else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I sing him the Lauri Berkner song Goodnight and the Da Vinci's Notebook song Another Irish Drinking Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK2Lx_gSr5k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I like the part "then we'll throw up, pass out, wakeup and then go drinking once again." That's pretty much what my baby does all day but with milk instead of whiskey and stout.  Also, DS1 likes to dance to Irish drinking songs so he gets very involved in the process too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDebbie0580:
    I sing You Are My Sunshine. MH sings O Canada because he doesn't know the words to anything else.

LOL!!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageToAoShesha:
    Lol I sing songs with the words baby in it. when I say sing, mostly the chorus because I don't know the words.
    The I love you baby song
    Good morning beautiful

I also have been singing Bruno mars should've bought you flowers I was obsessed with that song during pregnancy and it's like she remembers me singing it :

Funny that Bruno Mars song reminds me sooo much of the last days before DD arrived when I was done working....whenever I hear it I feel like I am literally back in those days!

I sing "Chantilly Lace" to her ALL the time. No idea why but I do love the line "and a pretty face" maybe that's why started it!
    I also sing "good golly miss Molly" but that's obviously because her name is Molly!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• SRK128SRK128 member
    Lots of kids songs! Brooke,Levi,Carly,and Ellie sing to him too! 
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • imageMichbot12:
    I bust out Tom Petty "Free Falling" every time I tell DD she is being a good girl.  "She's a good girl, loves her mama" etc.

OMG ME TOO!!  And honestly I do think she's crazy about Elvis ;)

I sing Oh My Darling Clementine but substitute Clementine with her name.  I did the same with my son and still sing it to him every night :) 

• I sing the song from the children's book I'll Love You Forever.  DH sings Wheels on the Bus to DD.

I've sang a few songs from Sound of Music, Phantom, and Guys and Dolls.  I also sing "Give Me Just A Reason" from Pink.  I love that song, and listened to it while pregnant.  I swear she recognizes that song.

• I can never remember the words to songs unless I'm listening to them. So I sing along to whatever I'm listening too, mostly Ray LaMontagne and Neil Young because that's all I have on myiPad.  

• imageDebbie0580:
    I sing You Are My Sunshine. MH sings O Canada because he doesn't know the words to anything else.

LOL your DH :mobile smiley:
    The girls each have their own version of "You are my Sunshine". DD1 gets "You are my pumpkin" and DD2 gets "You are my little one". I have yet to make up a version for Baby Boy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MN_JenMN_Jen member
    Show tunes. My favorite is "True Love" from High Society and "Something Good" from Sound of Music. I also like songs from Annie Get Your Gun, Les Mis, and a bunch of Cole Porter standards.

I'm a huge nerd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"