April 2013 Moms
Options

Hi from the May 2013 board - Question about membrane sweeping

If you had your membranes swept and it worked, how soon after did you go into labor.  I know some could be coincidence, but if you think it gave you that extra push, how long was it?  I'm 40w2d today, I have an appt tomorrow.  If I'm dilated more (I've been 1cm, 50%, -3) since my check at 36w4d, I was considering asking to have my membranes swept.  I asked my OB about it a week or two ago and he said I wasn't even dilated enough for him to get up in there and do it.  I know I can't really control when baby comes, I'm ok with him coming when he's ready, but I'd rather not go into labor this weekend when he'll be out of town (he's in a practice with 3 others, but they don't rotate unless your doc is out during your appt) and DH and I have a really good relationship with my OB.  I'm hoping for a VBAC.  I've read that normally if it works, it'll work within 24 hours (so I'd be in labor by Friday), but I'm not sure how accurate this is. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
BabyGaga

Re: Hi from the May 2013 board - Question about membrane sweeping

• Options
    It'll work if your body if your body is already geared up to into labor. I was still 1 cm at 41 weeks and nothing was changing or improving. They could not even do a sweep. I Was induced at 42 weeks and had a really hard labor because of it
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I was 3cm at 38 weeks, got mine swept and went into labor the next day. Like pp said, your body needs to be already geared up for labor
    GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know nothing will work if your body isn't ready, just wondering if it did work for some, how quickly.  I don't mind waiting until Monday, but if we get to Monday I'll probably have a RCS, instead of the VBAC we've been planning on (I'm fine waiting, everyone else, not so much and I'm not STRONGLY opposed to giving him until 41w instead of 42w).  Just wondering if I want to take the risk (if I've progressed enough for him to try) that if it works it'll work soon enough.  One of the OB's that could be on call is just very dry, the other I just don't really care for.  There's another OB there that I like (the only female in the practice), but she's currently out on maternity leave.  I'm a surrogate and the parents are more than a little anxious to meet their baby, and IM (intended mother) is/was really hoping to have her baby this Mother's Day.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    I was only 1cm and about 50% at 40 weeks and they did a sweep for me. They said they'd do the sweep for anyone who was overdue and I was due the day before my appointment. I felt crampy the remainder of the day, a lot of mucus discharge the following day and then on the next day my water broke and I went into labor. Hope it works for you!
  • Options
    Nothing to add but I wanted to commend you on being a surrogate. Hope your next appt shows you've made progress!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"