3rd Trimester

Shower Favors

Hello ladies,

I'm helping with the shower and wanted to know what favors you all did for your guests. I have an idea but it seems really small. Suggestions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Shower Favors

• ehnastoehnasto
    500 Comments
    I didn't do any since I wasn't the one planning my shower. I personally think favors are starting to fade out of popularity, but that is just my opinion. I am also not a huge fan of them anyway.
  • My mom did molded chocolate lollipops (where you melt down the chocolate disks and chill them in molds) with a sign that said "She's ready to pop." 

Simple, easy and popular.  Plus no waste--people took them to eat or give to their kids, or they left them.  Unlike the cookie cutters I got at my cousin's shower that are sitting somewhere in the storage unit with kitchen stuff...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My hostesses chose some really nice soaps, wrapped in tissue paper to match the theme.

Our "circle" always tries to chose practical favors for our bridal/baby showers. (instead of knick knacks that'll get thrown out)

Jar candles wrapped with wide "It's a Girl!" ribbon (that can be removed so it's a "normal" candle!)

Small frames with a nice poem/thank you inside

and small serving trays in white

You also can't ever go wrong with some quality candy or chocolate!

July 2015 December Siggy Challenge
    photo giphy_zpsmy1nv29z.gif <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Dani428Dani428
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    My mom did a cupcake and sweets theme so the favor was an ice cream scoop where the handle was made of cupcakes. Cute and cheap.

imageimageimage

• I didn't plan my own shower and you shouldn't either. If your hostess is asking for ideas or suggestions then you may suggest some. 

I've seen the following done:

Popcorn packets
    Little Sugar Cookies
    Personalized Mint Tins

One of the best favors I remember getting was a little compact mirror. It was plain, but I still use it.  

Lilypie - (uZTn)Lilypie - (NNJ6)
    July 2013 BMB Siggy Challenge
    NTNP Since August 2014
    TTC for #3 in January 2016!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

• Edible favors are always a win. It's a sweet treat the guest can enjoy at the shower or after, and doesn't add to the clutter at home.

Cupcakes, cookies, candies, and tea can all be packaged nicely and made to fit any theme.

Even "practical" favors like candles and photo frames aren't everyone's cup of tea, I'm allergic to most scents used in candles so I would leave it on the table or put it in the Goodwill donation box, but people feel less remorse over tossing something edible that they can't or won't eat, because it has a short shelf life anyway.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The theme was jungle and My MIL chose really cute animal head lollipops with ribbons tied around them.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm thinking to do travel sized bottles of Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea shower gel with a pink luffa. I would wrap it in a pink gift bag with the hang tie saying "From Our Shower To Yours". Thoughts?

• image Erika Johnson:
    I'm thinking to do travel sized bottles of Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea shower gel with a pink luffa. I would wrap it in a pink gift bag with the hang tie saying "From Our Shower To Yours". Thoughts?

That works, but who are you hosting it for? 

Lilypie - (uZTn)Lilypie - (NNJ6)
    July 2013 BMB Siggy Challenge
    NTNP Since August 2014
    TTC for #3 in January 2016!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

• image PrimRoseMama:

image Erika Johnson:
    I'm thinking to do travel sized bottles of Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea shower gel with a pink luffa. I would wrap it in a pink gift bag with the hang tie saying "From Our Shower To Yours". Thoughts?

I'm helping my MIL for me - we have a family member in ICU that she is taking care of so I'm the creative director. ;) I may put my mom up to this since she has done NOTHING and hasn't volunteered to do anything. My MIL is pretty awesome.

• I would stick with something edible in a cute container.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My mom and Aunts did cake pops and individual plants that could be taken and replanted.

Some of the women at the shower said they had replanted the flowers given to them at my bridal shower 2 years ago and they are still going strong!

Love 6/8/07

Marriage 7/2/11

Baby Carriage 7/11/13

• My mom and I are throwing my shower...sometimes you don't have someone who can do it all for you!  We're going with a candy table and little boxes that they can make their own take-away candy box with.  I went to a wedding that had this and loved it!  We're going to put a sign on the table that says "Baby boys are sweet...have a treat!"

• image ehnasto:
    I didn't do any since I wasn't the one planning my shower. I personally think favors are starting to fade out of popularity, but that is just my opinion. I am also not a huge fan of them anyway.

This is more or less how I feel.  Most of the favors given at showers of any kind are pretty junky and just end up sitting in my car for a while until I throw them out.

BabyFruit Ticker If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Even if we're apart i'll always be with you. - A.A. Milne
  • image Erika Johnson:
    image PrimRoseMama:

image Erika Johnson:

I'm helping my MIL for me - we have a family member in ICU that she is taking care of so I'm the creative director. ;) I may put my mom up to this since she has done NOTHING and hasn't volunteered to do anything. My MIL is pretty awesome.

Please don't "put [your] mom up to this."  She doesn't actually need to do anything for your shower if she doesn't offer.  I like the "from our shower..." idea but co-directing your shower is a pretty significant no-no to me.  SMH.

BabyFruit Ticker If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Even if we're apart i'll always be with you. - A.A. Milne
  • image stephweinstein:
    image Erika Johnson:
    image PrimRoseMama:

image Erika Johnson:

Please don't "put [your] mom up to this."  She doesn't actually need to do anything for your shower if she doesn't offer.  I like the "from our shower..." idea but co-directing your shower is a pretty significant no-no to me.  SMH.

Sometimes it takes working as a family to get something done - right now time is tight for all so all hands on deck. Thank you for your opinion.

• cjm724cjm724
    250 Answers 500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its

My mom and sister found these really cute packages of miniature wine bottles that they are giving out as favors.  There are cute little baby footprints on the outside too.  They have them in several different colors.  I am having a girl, so they got pink and yellow ones.  But they also have blue and green I believe.  There will be children at our shower too, so they are handing out little containers of bubbles for them.

• At my shower we had pink "its a girl" nail polish, pink emory blocks, and pink toe seperators wrapped in pink tulle. So cute!

• MrsAubyMrsAuby
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary

My BFF bought a bunch of cheap baby socks, threw in some m&ms, and then tied a ribbon around it and folded the top of the sock down. It was super cute, cheap, and everyone loved it.

Riley Ann ~ born 6/14/13

"Daddy's little hunting buddy"

• I'm not planning my shower (nor helping) but I did find at Target the other day, Pink Grapefruit cookie mix and frosting. It's a really light pink frosting with flecks of pink the cookie and I couldn't help but think how cute that would be as a favor for my shower. I was thinking little mini cookies. I may just have to bring it up to my sisters, as a little way to help out since I do like to bake.

I agree with edible favors though. IMO it's a waste of money to spend money on something and the time when it will just get thrown away or pushed to the side and forgotten.

• image Erika Johnson:
    image stephweinstein:

Sometimes it takes working as a family to get something done - right now time is tight for all so all hands on deck. Thank you for your opinion.

Oh you're precious.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards