South Florida Babies

Baptist Hospital in Miami

I'm 6 months pregnant and starting to visualize what labor will be like.  I could really use the input from mom's who've given birth here.  What have your experiences been like with the nurses?  I know this is hit or miss, so all viewpoints are appreciated.  Fetal monitoring, wireless or not?  Beeping in the room constantly or quiet?  IV or heplock?  Did you stay in the same room the entire stay or moved.  Out of curiosity, are there any rooms with tubs/jacuzzi's?  Saw something on their website that some rooms have that available and was wondering about that. 

For reference, I'm looking to have a natural birth, and the ONLY reason I'm doing it at a hospital is because my husband does not like the idea of a birth center or home birth.  The last thing I need is for him to be nervous the whole time making me nervous the whole time, so hospital with doula it is.

Thanks in advance for all your input. :) 

Re: Baptist Hospital in Miami

• Check Kendall regions..... Good luck
  • I would suggest you do a hospital tour. They should be able to answer all your questions. I have heard that they have laboring tubs at Baptist. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    BFP#1 10/11/11 - DD born 6/6/12;   
    BFP#2  7/6/13 - Due 3/8/13, MMC at 12w  D&C on 8/31/13;    
    BFP #3  11/26/13 - Due 8/6/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Baptist in Kendall, but I had to have a c-section. I love Baptist and my doctor there! The nurses and staff were wonderful. We upgraded to a large room and I believe they are all pretty private. We stayed in that room the entire time. I had my little Angel with me 24/7. She never left me. I had them do all examinations and cleaning and everything in the room so I could watch. I also didn't want my daughter getting formula by accident. She is only a breastfed baby! My room was very quiet except for the fact that you and baby are checked on constantly, which is normal. The only thing was that they can not guarantee your room until you check in. Some of the nice rooms are first come first serve. I would call and ask them for whatever you need. My doctor was adamant about me asking for whatever I wanted and they do their best to deliver. I had mood lighting in my room...I wanted it dark for the baby. I had a playlist they set up and played for me. Specific pillows, etc. I had a great experience there. 
  • wcamiwcami member
    Kendall regional has a 71% cesarean rate I would not go there especially if i want a natural birth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • wcamiwcami member
    Most hospitals allow tours, you can sometimes schedule them online or call them so that you can see for yourself what it is like and if it some where you would feel comfortable giving birth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am in the same situations as you! DH wants hospital I want natural birth so I chose Baptist Kendall because they have jacuzzis and my OB offers labor in the water. Im 12weeks and I will be doing a tour at the hospital on November 23 they offer it with the prenatal training. :) Good luck
  • Baptist hospital in Kendall has the best nurses! I had a great experience and delivered naturally.
  • Living the good life - who was your doctor? Also i had read on Baptist's website that if you do csection they won't allow you to do skin on skin with baby in the recovery room. You can only do that when you are in your own room. Is that not your experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"