Babies: 0 - 3 Months

diaper rash creams

DD has had a diaper rash for a week now and we have been putting desitin rapid reflief on it since day one. What are creams you have used that work?
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: diaper rash creams

• a13049a13049 member
    Do you think maybe the diaper is causing the rash? We use Earth's best and DD diaper rash clears up the same day.  We are constantly checking her diaper too.  It doesn't help to put diaper creme on if you aren't changing her out of her soiled diapers right away

• =Lee=B=Lee=B member

Which desitin is that?  Is it the 40% zinc or the 15% zinc?  We tried many creams before my doc said to get the 40% zinc desitin...it works quickly!

• Loading the player...
  • DS had a diaper rash too, but it turned out to be yeast.  We got medicated cream and he gave me a great barrier cream (it has calamine in it) that we use between using the medicated stuff.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • love4blove4b member
    Coconut oil and lots of 'nakey bottom time' have worked really well for us.

• ashstebashsteb member

My LO is 3weeks old and had a horrible diaper rash. we found out it was the baby wipes we were using that was doing it, so changed her from huggies wipes to the Lansinoh baby wipes and she hasnt gotten one since. I also used Triple Paste diaper cream on her and it cleared her rash right up. Her pediatrician agreed that its one of the best creams out their. Although it is a little pricey, about $20 for a tub of it..its certainly worth the cost. Hope this helps

• Good old Vaseline. Works great! Also, do not use wipes, just wet washcloths or paper towels.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Arbonne diaper rash cream is the best. I have tired many different brands....at least 5 other brands and none of them come close to arbonnes version IMO.
  • I used Buttpaste max strength (40% zinc) for a week and my little one got a diaper rash, switched to Desitin Max strength (40% zinc) and it went away the same day. I put on cream at night each diaper change, even when he doesnt have a rash.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"