January 2013 Moms

Graduation and Baby

My sister is graduating from a JC at the end of the month and wants us to go, by us I mean R, DH and myself.

She says it shouldn't take more than 2 hours and is inside. This should be fine to take R to, yes? My mom is worried that is too long for her.

I just assume 1, I doubt she will be the only baby there and 2, if she starts to fuss too much I just step out and take care of her until she has calmed down.

Am I crazy? I am not even questioning it personally, it is my mom that is making me doubt this. Thought I would post since graduation season is upon us and like I said, I am not alone, right? :::::mobile smiley:::::::

Re: Graduation and Baby

• b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    If it were me, I would go and take LO.  There will be more people to help hold them (family members I mean), plus, as you mentioned, you can always get up if you need to.  Try to sit near an aisle and I think you'd be just fine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My DH is graduating and I am taking DS! It's outside but I think he'll be fine (planning on bringing the stroller). I'll make sure to feed him right before.. he's a happy baby usually so I'm not too concerned... and yeah, worst-case if there's a meltdown I'll get up and should be able to calm him down... good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ya, I would take her. Like pp said, try to sit near an isle. And the fact is, your sister wants you to bring her.  I think she should be fine. Like you said, you can always step out if you need to.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jobiannjobiann
    5000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    My H had a difficult time when I started to take DS out and about to the grocery store/bank, etc at around two months old...I told him what am I supposed to do, stop living my life so I can sit home with him all the time?!? Enjoy your sisters graduation! Just pack your Mommy bag really well and always know if she gets fussy you can just step away and calm her down. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• We just attended a graduation a couple of weeks ago with a toddler and my baby. Sure, I had to step out and feed him, (all the while my hubby was taking care of DD, lol) but it was fine. The part where they call names and everyone claps/shouts is loud anyway, so you kind of only have to "make it" through the speeches and you're good. :) Plus it's nice weather, so if you have to step outside, it would be nice to get fresh air! :) 
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• I don't see a problem. Go with LO

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I would definitely take LO if I were you! Like you said, if she fusses you can take her outside. I would just sit in the aisle seat if possible so it is easy to get up and down.

My sister is graduating from college next weekend and I would take DS but she is in NJ (4 hour drive) and I just don't feel like taking DS on a road trip when he can be home with DH! 

• image 2013mommy:
    I would definitely take LO if I were you! Like you said, if she fusses you can take her outside. I would just sit in the aisle seat if possible so it is easy to get up and down. My sister is graduating from college next weekend and I would take DS but she is in NJ 4 hour drive and I just don't feel like taking DS on a road trip when he can be home with DH!nbsp;

I don't blame you there! Luckily the college is maybe 10 min away. So nice and close which is another reason I am saying yes!

Thanks mamas for reassuring me as always!
  • I'd go. We just went to my brother's college graduation this weekend. It was 3.5 hours away and outside for like 2.5 hours. It wasn't easy but it was well worth it,
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'd totally go. C can sit quietly for quite a while. Especially if he's feeding! Just have your exit strategy planned just in case and go enjoy!

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)