April 2013 Moms
Options

breastfeeding

so my lil one will latch and then she sucks for maybe 3 mins and starts screaming bloody murder.. I have been supplementing due to jaundice.. also she makes a mess all over her face and my shirt ends up soaked when she is bfing.. so I don't think its due to me having to not enough milk.. I have also started to pump for a minute before I feed her to maybe get of of the flow out sobit doesn't drown her.. that doesn't help either.. she is still getting choked and is really fussy.. what can I do??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: breastfeeding

• Options
    This was me today. I never left the bed. Lol ill be discussing this with my midwife. He used to do 30 to 40 mins every 2 to 3 hrs. Now I'm lucky if I get 15 mins in one hour. He's always popping off too early
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I've been having the opposite problem...baby girl wants to live on my boob the past couple days and most of it is just comfort sucking and not real eating, but when she pops off, she starts screaming a few mins later wanting more. Sorry, I don't have any advice for you about your issue, but you aren't alone in your current bfing frustration. Hope it gets better for you and your LO soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm no expert and a FTM but it sounds to me like she isn't latching properly. If my DD doesn't latch properly the same thing happens. I stop her and start again which seems to resolve the problem. Have you tried sitting you LO more upright so she isn't forced to gulp from a forceful letdown? I do this sometimes too so it's not as hard on her. Hang in there.
  • Options
    Someone just sent me this video so I tried it and it worked!

https://m.youtube.com//watch?v=ObT5MELLqGAdesktop_uri=2Fwatch3Fv3DObT5MELLqGA
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imagemanda82585:
    I've been having the opposite problem...baby girl wants to live on my boob the past couple days and most of it is just comfort sucking and not real eating, but when she pops off, she starts screaming a few mins later wanting more. Sorry, I don't have any advice for you about your issue, but you aren't alone in your current bfing frustration. Hope it gets better for you and your LO soon.

Yep my girl too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsSMAMrsSMA member
    imagepmiller149:
    so my lil one will latch and then she sucks for maybe 3 mins and starts screaming bloody murder.. I have been supplementing due to jaundice.. also she makes a mess all over her face and my shirt ends up soaked when she is bfing.. so I don't think its due to me having to not enough milk.. I have also started to pump for a minute before I feed her to maybe get of of the flow out sobit doesn't drown her.. that doesn't help either.. she is still getting choked and is really fussy.. what can I do??

Sounds like a fast/hard let down. I have this and DS1 acted the way you described your baby. What worked for us was 1 only feed one side at each feeding. 2 work against gravity. I would lay down or recline and I would latch him on upright using football hold. It did eventually get better once DS got older. GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"