May 2013 Moms

Not doing that again

I agreed to let the dr check me today to see if I was dilated because of the crampy back pain and pressure ice been having. I was only a fingertip which I know means nothing but now the crampy feeling is even worse and I'm spotting. It's not worth it to do this again next week when I'm having my RCS in 2 weeks.

Re: Not doing that again

• I was planning on denying checks but ended up getting checked because of my polyhydramnios. That sure wasn't pleasant!
  • Yes'm. There pretty unpleasant and made my cramps/contractions 10x worse. I spotted too which was even worse. Sorry you went through that!
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• kasabbykasabby
    Seventh Anniversary
    Same thing happened to me Friday.  It was pretty awful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm getting checked tomorrow but it's probably a good idea since I think I'm for sure getting induced Wednesday. My doc wasn't sure I was ready but when she felt a little dilation and effacement last time she was more convinced. To clarify, she is the doc who is delivering me. My original doc and I had this planned for a month due to my GD.

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • I don't want to get checked until it's go time or if I'm over due. I had my 38 week appointment today and the midwife didn't say anything about cervical checks, so I think it's pretty standard for midwifery patients to just not get checked anyway. 
  • image laurenann82:
    I don't want to get checked until it's go time or if I'm over due. I had my 38 week appointment today and the midwife didn't say anything about cervical checks, so I think it's pretty standard for midwifery patients to just not get checked anyway. 

This is the same for me.  My midwife said she won't check until I'm in labor or overdue.  I'm glad because I have no desire to be checked until then.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was checked for the first time on Thursday.  I was not dilated at all, and it was VERY uncomfortable, but I didn't have any spotting/cramping afterward thank goodness.  I will continue to get checked every week- standard for my OB, and if I make progress I want to know so I can warn DH and he can warn his boss.  He will have a 3ish hour drive to make when it is time, so every little piece of information on progress is very important to us.  I know things can change at the drop of a hat, but still, it keeps me calm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards