January 2013 Moms

During my C-Section...

I found out some interesting medical things about myself!  I have uterine didelphys (my uterus never formed together and is 2 separate uteri (is uteri a word?) each has tube and ovary.  apparently only 20% of these pregnancies make it to term so I feel so blessed!  this explains why he was breech, and why I was dilated 4cm for so long (he ran out of room)!  I also only have one kidney!  I guess my next pregnancy will be high risk though, my doctor says it is promising that my first pregnancy went so well.  No point to this, I just never told my birth story and thought you ladies would find it interesting.

Re: During my C-Section...

• That's super interesting. How would you have known this otherwise? The ultrasound doesn't show that? 

The human body is amazing. Glad it worked out ok for you. 

• Wow, crazy!

Yeah, you'd think they would have seen at least the ute sitch on u/s.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • mj0011mj0011
    250 Answers 250 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    I guess with some people they actually have two vaginas (I only have one), which is how they know....but almost all deliveries end up csection b/c of breech presentation, iugr, premature, weak uterus so that's how they diagnose.  There can also be problems with infertility which is another way to diagnose. I am so glad I didn't know I would have been so stressed out (there is a big risk for late miscarriage)

• mj0011mj0011
    250 Answers 250 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    I think b/c they aren't really looking for it and everything else gets so big it hides the second ute?  No clue!  

• Wow. So lucky!
    My great great grandmother was apparently biuterine or had two uteri and a set each of ovaries and Fallopian tubes. They found it because she delivered a full term baby then four months later delivered another full term baby! Talk about a Ho.ly.sh.it. Moment!

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • BLPL101BLPL101
    5000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its First Answer

I'm glad everything turned out so well.

My water broke at 35 weeks and I found out that night that I have an arcuate uterus (it has a dimple in it). They aren't sure if that's why my water broke early though. I have my idea why my OB didn't tell me about my uterus shape when they found out at my 1st u/s at 5 weeks. Kinda pissed me off to be honest.

BabyFruit Ticker

• No, that is very interesting! Makes you count your blessings if nothing else. 
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Wow, that must have been quite a surprise! Speaking of surprises, Zona that is crazy! I can't imagine being in that situation. To OP, really glad everything went so well for you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • mbredinmbredin
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments
    That is great that everything went so well! I got tested for that pre-pregnancy, but did not have that issue. The test was awful!
  • image BLPL101:
    I'm glad everything turned out so well.My water broke at 35 weeks and I found out that night that I have an arcuate uterus it has a dimple in it. They aren't sure if that's why my water broke early though. I have my idea why my OB didn't tell me about my uterus shape when they found out at my 1st u/s at 5 weeks. Kinda pissed me off to be honest.

Why wouldn't they tell you?
    I have/ had an arcuate. They said it could cause me to go into labor early. That I probably wouldn't carry to term. I went 40 w 1 d though. And they did a uterine u/s after and baby had corrected most of the arc! Crazy.

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)