February 2012 Moms

Monday GTKY

1.  What did you do this weekend?

2.  Who was your favorite teacher and why?

3.  Who is your favorite nurse and why? 

4.  What are your Mother's Day plans?

5.  What do you want for Mother's Day? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday GTKY

• 1.  What did you do this weekend?  So much!  We were running around to swim class, Target, BRU, so many walks, playing outside...busy busy but a GREAT weekend.

2.  Who was your favorite teacher and why?  I honestly don't have one that stands out but I really liked my Advanced Economics classes in HS and college so those teachers are the ones I remember the most.

3.  Who is your favorite nurse and why?  There was one when I was in labor who was AMAZING with me and DH.  She was on the day I was in labor and the next day so she was one of the first people to see and hold Allison.  The woman was a saint!  She was great at calming me down and baically forced me to sleep when all I wanted to do was hold my new baby girl.  I will never be able to thank her enough for that!  I wanted to send her something later but I never got around to it.  Sad...

4.  What are your Mother's Day plans?  It was nothing (which I wanted) but now we are taking my mom to dinner.  Yippee...a party of 10 (8 and two babies) for dinner...NOT how I want to spend my Mother's Day.

5.  What do you want for Mother's Day?  To not do anything.  I'm not a fan of the "holiday" so I really just want it to be over!

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• lancyjolancyjo member

1.  What did you do this weekend? We had my sister's graduation open house on Saturday. (she graduated culinary school) Other than that, church, lunch with my grandparents, and a whole lot of nothing. It was nice. Smile

2.  Who was your favorite teacher and why? My band instructor. He taught me so much, and his passion for excellence and beautiful music was contagious.

3.  Who is your favorite nurse and why? The nurse who helped me deliver Aria. (well, the one that was there for at least 20 of my 42 hours of labor. I was there through two of her shifts) Her name was Becky. She was amazing. I never felt uninformed about my situation with her, and yet even when things got scary, she helped me be calm. I felt completely safe in her hands. I couldn't have been more grateful for her, and I let her know it. We have a picture of her with Aria in my labor photo book. Smile

4.  What are your Mother's Day plans? We'll go to church, then to lunch at my Mamaw's. Other than that, I don't plan on doing much of anything except (hopefully!) enjoying the sunshine with Hubs, Aria, and our dogs.

5.  What do you want for Mother's Day? I wanted this necklace from my cousin's Etsy shop, personalized with Aria's name, a scripture, and her birthday, and with her birthstone, our birthstone (hubs and I both are March babies), and a pearl, since my BFP with Aria was in June. Hubs ordered it for me a couple of weeks ago. (I saw him ordering it... yay!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  What did you do this weekend? Went geocaching, walked to the playground around the corner, did lots of lawn work, and hung out with DH and our babe :)

2.  Who was your favorite teacher and why? Mr. Templeton, my band teacher from 7th grade through high school. I can't say enough about him, he taught me sooooooo much, and really inspired my love of music. Plus he's just awesome. He came to the schools when I was in 7th grade and had 28 kids in the high school band. Now he has over 120 kids!

3.  Who is your favorite nurse and why? My mama.

4.  What are your Mother's Day plans? I'm getting my hair done, and going to Piada for lunch with my DH and Anna.

5.  What do you want for Mother's Day? Just to get my hair done, maybe get some new perfume...

• 1.  What did you do this weekend?

DH and I brought Skyler to her gymnastics class and we had friends over to watch the Mayweather fight.  That was fun.

Yesterday we relaxed for most of the day and did some housework.

My AP Psychology teacher in 11th grade was my favorite teacher because her class was challenging yet interesting.  I never worked so hard and I really think the class prepared me for college.  I went back and told her this after my freshman year.

I love one of the nurses in my OB's office, Eugenie.  She's so sweet all the time.  There is an older nurse in Skyler's pedi office and she's pretty awesome as well.

We will probably relax at home on actual Mother's Day since the restaurants are usually too crowded to be enjoyable.  Maybe we'll go somewhere for dinner the day before.

I think I want a Kindle Fire HD.  If not there is this cute little crossbody purse that is great for weekends that I've been eyeing on Coach's website.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageklutzygrl26:
    1. What did you do this weekend? I'm in NOLA for a conference.

I live in New Orleans!!  Where did you go to eat?  Is your conference at the convention center?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mar5195Mar5195 member
    1.  What did you do this weekend?

Visited the Bontanical Gardens, Park Time, Church Festival & Cinco celebration with my family.   

2. Who was your favorite teacher and why?

Mrs. Camacho.  Probably because she was strict and really made you work to your potential.  I adored her!

3. Who is your favorite nurse and why?

No idea how to answer this question.  All my nurses were excellent!

4. What are your Mother's Day plans?

We are going to Disneyland for part of the day and a nice meal some place.

5. What do you want for Mother's Day?

Nothing, seriously I have everything I need. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

We had a baseball game Saturday for Ds #1 then he went home with my mom H and I just bummed around.  Sunday I went to my mom's and helped her learn Facebook since she just joined.   

I had so many that I adored, but I think one in particular was special to me because I can still hear snippets of what she taught us.  She was my Texas History teacher but she taught us a lot of stuff about life and choices and I just think what she did was amazing - I cannot remember what we studied but a lot of her advice taught me about life and that sticks to me even now.  

Our neighbor was a nurse when we were little and she was so great.  She was gentle and sweet and had blue bandaids that she said were magic and always made our owies feel better.  Now I know they weren't really special, but as a kid that was a big deal! 

We might have my parents over to grill after church 

A gift card for a massage! 

• imagesapphirebride06:

Lots of family and baseball.  I had my brother and SIL's baby shower Saturday followed by Rangers/Red Sox game and then yesterday was another baseball game and my little sister's birthday BBQ. 

I think it was my history teacher sophomore year of HS.  He actually made history fun and interesting. 

My labor nurse.  I have her name at home but for some reason it has skipped my brain today. 

We are taking a mini trip Friday/Saturday and then Sunday we will go to church with my mom and siblings, and then I don't plan on doing anything but enjoying the day with my little one and DH.  I'm hoping he'll do laundry lol. 

massage, a ring with Caroline's birthstone, or a new watch. 

Went to my parents house so they could play with DD and made them brunch (39th wedding anniversary), made a little outdoor water "table" with a big bucket for DD to play with outside, went to the park, got ice cream, watch Mad Men!

I honestly don't remember... i did well in school but am the least sentimental person ever... once I move on, i let go and forget.

The nurse who was working the ER the night we had to take DD for a fever we could not control (ear infection) - she was kind, supportive, validated my decisions, she was awesome!

Ugh, i don't know yet.....

gift certificates to go buy new bras and undies... since having a kid and nursing, my boobs just aren't the same :/

I had to work......boo!!

Hmmm, probably my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Harmon.  She always had fun activities and new ways of learning things. 

I work with a lot of really awesome nurses, so that's a really tough question.  Probably my friend Corie because she's always trying to further her career and learn more, but she also goes above and beyond for her patients.  Recently she threw a "birthday party" for a patient who was hospitalized on their birthday...complete with balloons, presents, snacks and everything! 

Knowing DH he doesn't have too much planned other than cooking us a nice dinner, which is ok by me!

I really need a new pair of house slippers!  I wear mine everywhere, inside and out!

• 1. What did you do this weekend?

--Saturday stuff around the house. Sunday we went to watch a marathon finish, yard work, went to my classroom for an hour, finished my mother day gifts and went to a friends for dinner. It was a busy Sunday!

2. Who was your favorite teacher and why?

--mrs. kluver, 5th grade. She was so entertaining. She was a lot like "Ms. Frizzle" from Magic School Bus

3. Who is your favorite nurse and why?

I don't know her name but she took over at shift change when I was having LO. She was an older women with super long gray hair and was so calming. I think she is a modern day hippee, and she treated with so well and was so calming since my mom was not able to be in the room during LO birth (She lives in another state)

4. What are your mother's day plans?

--The zoo in Seattle

5. What do you want for Mother's Day?

I can't really think of anything? My house cleaned by a professional :)

• 1.  What did you do this weekend?  I had a busy weekend. I helped my mom paint at her house, we went to the drive in Friday night and then DH and I had an evening alone on Saturday night. We went and got Mexican yesterday for Cinco de Mayo. We also worked in the yard and cleaned the house.

2.  Who was your favorite teacher and why?  I have so many that I loved, but my absolute favorite was my French/Home room teacher in high school. We still keep in touch and she was at my wedding!

3.  Who is your favorite nurse and why?  My L&D nurse that was there when Eli was born. She was so amazing, patient and really advocated for me when people wanted to do things I didn't want done. During recovery she stopped in every day to say Hi and see Eli.

4.  What are your Mother's Day plans?  Don't know yet. Gotta talk to my mom and DH.

5.  What do you want for Mother's Day?  A Vera Bradley back pack.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • 1. What did you do this weekend? went and saw my Grandmother on Saturday, had lunch with Ian's dad on Sunday(pretty disastorous(sp)), did some grocery shopping...that's pretty much it.

2. Who was your favorite teacher and why?  It's a toss up between my 2nd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers...Ms. McClanahan, Ms. Potts, and Ms. Bridges.  I'm not sure but I loved them all!

3. Who is your favorite nurse and why?  I completely read this question wrong, let me fix my answer.  My sister is my favorite nurse.  She's worked her butt off the last few years and is making her dreams of becoming a nurse come true!!!  She's graduating this weekend.

4. What are your Mother's Day plans?  This weekend is going to be insane...my nephew is graduating from preschool Fri night, my sister is graduating college Sat, my dad's coming in town for that, and mother's day is Sunday. We have to squeeze graduation celebration in there, find a minute to spend with my dad, and celebrate my mom...I HAVE NO IDEA! :)

5. What do you want for Mother's Day? I'm debating on whether to order myself something from 31 or a necklace I've been eyeballing on Etsy...decisions, decisions

• coybigcoybig member

I had soccer games all weekend, so started my sweet looking soccer tan.

HS English teacher.  we did a lot more than just the typical stuff in his class... we learned a lot of real world things that I still use today.  he also convinced me to to to London and Paris with a group he was leading, so got some real world adventure fast.

ummm...?

hopefully giving kle the day she wants

a really good breakfast

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • 1. What did you do this weekend? layed on the couch...I was sick all weekend :(

2. Who was your favorite teacher and why?  Mr Smith.  He made history so fun.

3. Who is your favorite nurse and why? Me lol.  My Aunt Shelly.  She's why I do what I do.

4. What are your Mother's Day plans?  See if DH forgets it....which I think he will.

5. What do you want for Mother's Day? Flowers or DH to agree to paint our bedroom.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"