June 2013 Moms

PUPPPS?

Anyone have PUPPPS (rash) or had it in a previous pregnancy?  I think it started for me this weekend on my belly.  I talked to my doctor and she said I can use cortisone (which doesn't help at all!) and take Zyrtec and she'll look at it when I go in on Thursday for my regular appointment.  I didn't have this with my first pregnancy and I don't have any stretch marks right now -- only noting that because everything online says PUPPPS starts in stretch marks.

I seriously want to scratch my skin off -- although so far I've refrained from doing so!  I'm worried I won't be able to make it another 6-7 weeks without a total breakdown if I can't get this rash to calm down.  It's been keeping me up at night the past two nights.

Anyone have any tips?  Home remedies?  Thanks!

BFP #1 12/28/09 D&C 2/15/10
BFP #2 DS
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #3 5/13/12 M/C 6/10/12
BFP #4 8/12/12 M/C 8/18/12
September 2012 - 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP #5 Beta #1 - 61 @ 12 dpo, Beta #2 - 183 @ 14 dpo, Beta #3 - 1466 @ 19 dpo
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PUPPPS?

• I had this pop up around this time with my first pregnancy, and it was absolute torture. Nothing provided long term relief, but I used the cortisone cream, oatmeal relief baths, and Sarna cream. I think the Sarna and oatmeal baths were most helpful, but i would apply cortisone several times a day. It took everything I had to not scratch my skin off, so I feel your pain. As far as it starting with stretch marks, I don't know about that. I didn't have any but still had severe PUPPS.

ETA: On the bright side, it disappeared almost immediately after giving birth!
  • Strangely enough, I got PUPPS around 7 weeks with this baby. My dr couldn't believe it- she said she never saw anyone get it so early. It lasted a few weeks an dthen went away on it's own. Very weird. I think there are creams you can use, and maybe baking soda baths to help itching?

I hope it goes away before delivery!

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~

• Thanks ladies!  I'm just trying not to scratch my skin off.  :)  I can't imagine getting this at 7 weeks, Manderlin -- glad it went away!

BFP #1 12/28/09 D&C 2/15/10
    BFP #2 DS

BFP #3 5/13/12 M/C 6/10/12
    BFP #4 8/12/12 M/C 8/18/12
    September 2012 - 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP #5 Beta #1 - 61 @ 12 dpo, Beta #2 - 183 @ 14 dpo, Beta #3 - 1466 @ 19 dpo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Faith7Faith7
    Long-Lasting Membership 100 Comments 5 Love Its

I had a weird episode of PUPPPS, as well.  It came along middle-ish of 2nd trimester and lasted for a week or two, then went away. (My OB said it was PUPPPS--not a self-diagnosis.)  I bought Eucerin Skin Calming lotion at Wal-mart and used it twice a day or so.  That did help it feel better until it started going away.  The PUPPPS hasn't returned.

I thought I was going to go nuts, though.  It was on my belly, and spread to my elbows and some on my legs as well.  You have my sympathy--it feels utterly unbearable!  Here's hoping yours is short-lived!

• Yes! I had it with my daughter 11 years ago and I just got it this past weekend. I'm about to claw myself to death. It has started in my stretch marks. I was under the impression it did not happen in 2nd pregnancies but that's a lie! I have read on other boards that dandelion root works wonders. I am using cortisone cream, aveeno skin calming lotion and cool showers and cool towels on my belly. I'm sorry for you and me both!
  • Ugh!  I'm so sorry... I had it right AFTER I gave birth last time, which is super rare, and it was so miserable.  Cortisone helped, but not that much... only time made it disappear.

If I got it again, I would try more natural methods like an oatmeal bath and I've also read that drinking a tea from of stinging nettles can make it go away.  (http://www.amazon.com/Nettle-Stinging-Herbal-Tea-Pound/dp/B001YK5HL2) Just an example, and you can probably find cheaper and locally.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards