May 2013 Moms

Michael Jr, Birth Story

It has taken me almost week to get stuff to settle down enough to write this out. Ill make it short and sweet and a PIP of course.

My EDD was April 29th so when I went it for my 40 week appointment that morning She stripped my membranes.

Nothing happened all day and about 8pm I started getting cramps that came and went.  By 10pm they were timable and about 7 to 9 minutes apart and started to hurt, not just be uncomfortable.

by 1am they were 4 to 5 minutes apart and I pretty painful so I called my Doc who told me to go ahead in to L&D to get checked out.  it was nice and quiet at 2am and even though my contractions were 3 to 5 minutes on the monitor and "moderate" I was only 1.5 cm dilate (was 1cm at the morning appointment) so my doc said it would be best to go and labor at home.

went home, got no sleep since I they stayed steady all night, by 12noon on tuesday the 30th I was over it and we went back to the hospital.  Was only 2cm dilated and tired from being up for over 24 hours at this point.  The doc said I could walk the halls for an hour to try to progress but if nothing happened I she wasn't admitting me yet.  We started walking and 20 minutes later my water broke all over the hallway, take THAT hospital!

Things moved fast from that point, got checked in, and settled, labored until around 7pm and 7cm and then got a much appreciated epidural.  Started pushing around 9:10pm and Michael Jr was born vaginally at 9:43pm.

Handsome little man at 6lbs 11oz.  And at almost a week old he is weighing in at 6 lbs 8 oz (as of our doc appointment this morning) so he is gaining weight back from his low of 6lbs 5 oz last Friday.

Breast feeding is painful and he is such a hungry guy, all I feel like I do is feed him, but I am glad he has a strong appetite and is starting to gain weight.

Congrats and good luck to all the other May mommies, this board has been so great for the last 9 months, and I look forward to getting through these first few difficult weeks with everyone's advice support.

As promised, PIP!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Michael Jr, Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"