Breastfeeding

Losing supply? Help!

I've been BFing for almost 8 months.  Early on I had some trouble with my supply, it would be low at times, but I was able to get it back up by eating better and drinking more water, along with some Mother's Milk tea (such a blessing).

Just recently I've noticed a drop in my supply, like major.  I tried to pump last night after DD hadn't nursed in 6 hours, and I got about 2/3 of an ounce, from both sides!  Normally I would've gotten at least 2 or 3 ounces.

When she's done nursing I can tell she's hungry and wants more.  Thankfully she is able to eat a lot of foods now, but I really didn't want to have to stop nursing this soon!  I was aiming for 1 year, and we'd go from there.

I've never been good about drinking water, but I really try.  If anything, I've been drinking more water and eating better lately.  I'm just so confused and don't know why this is happening.

I'm going to try drinking lots of the Mother's Milk tea and pray it helps again.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? TIA!! 

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/19/11Georgia Rose - born naturally at home on 9/16/12Phoenix Dahlia - born naturally at home on 10/16/14 - hospitalized for a D&C and blood transfusion due to a partially retained placenta Parents to 5 fur babies (4 cats, 1 dog)Me (22) DH (22)

Re: Losing supply? Help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards