July 2012 Moms

What do you really want for Mother's Day?

Saw an article posing this question and answers ranged anywhere from breakfast in bed to a day with no temper tantrums. If I have could have anything, it would be a day and a night alone. Just me doing whatever with no one bothering me and no kids to have to worry about. Peace.

Re: What do you really want for Mother's Day?

• A day where everyone cleans up after themselves without reminders and I can spend it without worrying about doing anything so I can catch up on Downton Abbey. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm in a wedding Saturday, so Friday night, I have rehearsal and will be with the bride all day Saturday.  I'm dreading seeing what my house will look like when I get home Saturday night.  The best gift he could give me would be a sparkling house... or at least to put all his dishes in the dishwasher and his clothes in the hamper.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • A full night of sleep.  One where even if i am not on "night duty," i am actually able to sleep.  I have not had a full eight hours of sleep since way before baby.  Even when my husband offers to take over for the night, i wake up at least twice for no discernible reason.

• To know who notreal2 is.

• roo1582roo1582
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    I just want to sleep in.  I would like to be able to sleep in past 6:30.  I don't want to get out of bed until at least 9am.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 8/9/13 EDD 4/11/14 MC 8/25/13 - 6w2d  Discovered 9/9/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image SweetLittleThing:

To know who notreal2 is.

This literally made me LOL. 

CafeMom Tickers
  • image hibiscus29:
    A full night of sleep.  One where even if i am not on "night duty," i am actually able to sleep.  I have not had a full eight hours of sleep since way before baby.  Even when my husband offers to take over for the night, i wake up at least twice for no discernible reason.

I'm copying this and raising it to one full week of sleep if I'm going to be honest. And someone else to successfully sleep train her so I Can come back to a happy sleeping perfectly baby. 

My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PaddyBPaddyB
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    image StokedWifey:
    image SweetLittleThing:

To know who notreal2 is.

me too. 

Henry 
    Henry Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image PaddyB:
    image StokedWifey:
    image SweetLittleThing:

To know who notreal2 is.

me too. 

Ditto. I would love to know who she is!

• image SweetLittleThing:

To know who notreal2 is.

Has she made an appearance lately?

• hijoihijoi
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    Honestly, I would love a day that I could just lay on the couch and watch movies all day without being bothered by anyone it anything.

Just lay my fat butt on the couch with a big batch of popcorn, a frozen crap pizza, and water with lemons and limes in it, that no one is asking for a sip of.

And a clean house.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • A night to myself where I can have a few martini's and not be the responsible sober one like I am all.the.time!

photo 0c5e8b74-c8ad-4f84-b313-0ef1fe2df86d_zps38d3b379.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thousands of dollars in cash and prizes.  Basically, I want to win the showcase showdown on Price is Right.  BOTH showcases.
  • image ThePinkSuperhero:
    Thousands of dollars in cash and prizes.  Basically, I want to win the showcase showdown on Price is Right.  BOTH showcases.

Yes

So you want the RV, the trip, the lifetime supply of floor wax AND a new jukebox!  Awesome!!! 

• The car, the trips, the cedar sauna, the big screen TV, AND the living room set.  I WANT IT ALL!
  • I would love a day where my 3 year old does what we ask and doesnt have a single temper tantrum.  But since that isn't happening I would love a day to do whatever I want from start to finish. I would wake up when I want get ready with nobody barging in on my shower, go shopping or get a massage, eat a fancy lunch, maybe sit outside and enjoy a nice day. Then go home and enjoy some peace and quiet while I watch my shows and go to bed at 9pm. That sounds like an awesome day.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • image hibiscus29:
    image SweetLittleThing:

To know who notreal2 is.

Has she made an appearance lately?

In the men post. 

CafeMom Tickers
  • ame3576ame3576
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its

Hubby works a ton, including most weekends so I am just excited we get to spend the day together because he is OFF!!! I really would like to get a nice spring/summer bag that I can also use as diaper bag. My current diaper bag is already falling apart and I would like something trendy that is big enough to throw in a few diapers, wipes, and a bottle but that doesnt look like a diaper bag.

I think I am also going to ask for dinner out in the North End (Italian), and carbo-load on delicious pasta and not feel guilty. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image briderx:

I would love a day where my 3 year old does what we ask and doesnt have a single temper tantrum.  But since that isn't happening I would love a day to do whatever I want from start to finish. I would wake up when I want get ready with nobody barging in on my shower, go shopping or get a massage, eat a fancy lunch, maybe sit outside and enjoy a nice day. Then go home and enjoy some peace and quiet while I watch my shows and go to bed at 9pm. That sounds like an awesome day.

Minus the part about the 3 year old, I'm right there with you. I'd love a day where I'm not rushing to eat my food or shower. I'd love to get up when I'm ready, not when the dog or DD is waking me up. A day to just do ME would be fabulous!

• Me, hotel room, spa appointment, tv, room service and NO ONE ELSE.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• 8 hour spa day, in which I would sleep threw most of. Then when I return home my house is spotless and completely packed and ready to move.

"They can never have yesterday"
  • A day alone to lay out by the pool, listen to music, and sip on a nice margarita. Also, not having to cook or clean for a whole day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If I could have anything I would sleep in and then get a nice breakfast in bed.  I would then go to the spa for massage and mani/pedi.  All the while my house would be getting cleaned top to bottom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • An entire day to myself from sun up to sun down and money to spend!

I would wake up and get an iced coffee then go to ikea to get a new duvet cover and random decorating pieces that I don't need, then go get my nails filled, then I would go eat at Panera Bread, then I would go thrift store shopping, then I would go shopping at target and buy random crap that I don't need, then I would come home and drink frozen drinks and browse pinterest while watching greys anatomy until I fall asleep............

BUT since its MOTHERS DAY I will be spending time with my kiddos, like I should. HA
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm getting a massage chair I found in a garage sale facebook group that costs $30. I told DH it was going to be my mother's day present.  :)

Edit: Oh, what do I want if I could have anything? I like the hotel room/spa idea. For a whole weekend.

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • A day off without MH or LO or the stupid dog. I take the dog and the baby to my parents house without MH often, and so he gets to sleep in and not have anyone else there. I want that. Desperately.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• For my 3 year old to spontaneously grasp the concept of going in the potty EVERY single time.  I'm so over potty training!