July 2012 Moms

Question about PJs

So Henry is getting close to growing out of his current footie pajamas, and I cannot for the life of me find footie pjs in 24 m (the next size up).

So are some of you switching to "big kid" pjs? if so are you putting socks on their feet at night? Or using a blanket? I guess I am just having a hard time picturing how to keep his feet warm- especially since he loves pulling off his socks. 

Henry 
Henry Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Question about PJs

• Sometimes I put socks on Owen but it's been warmer here recently and I'll leave his feet bare on warm nights. I personally like having cold feet so he might like it too. Either way I think they are fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We switch between footed sleepers and two piece pjs. We do put socks on his feet when it's cold if he's in the pjs. We also use a sleep sack so we don't have the issue of him trying to pull off his socks.
  • I had to stop with the footies because she was giving me such a hard time when i tried to dress her.  We put her in a zip up sleep sack at night to keep her feet covered.  It is roomy, and she can still roll around, crawl, and stand up while wearing it.

• At about 7 months, we stopped with pajamas completely. She sleeps in just a diaper, or a diaper and tshirt. We keep her room pretty warm at like 69. She sleeps about a million times better since we stopped with the pajamas.

BFP 11-19-11, EDD 07-30-12, E was born 08-08-2012

BFP 11-13-12, EDD 07-25-13, C was born 07-26-2013
  • I HATE you can't easily find footie pajamas in bigger sizes however I've been putting Eli in PJs that are pants and a tshirt.  They seem to be a lot easier to get on because he's such a squirmy worm.  I also use socks and he's been sleeping with a blanket for months.

• I'm confused. My Niece is 3 and wears footie jammies. I didn't realize it was so hard to find them.

• He's been wearing 24 months for a little while now, so we had to make the switch - we just do socks, and he's fine.  I don't like how the shirt rides up at night, but he also sleeps with a blanket, so it doesn't seem to bother him too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I use big boy pjs sometimes, when I do I put socks on his feet because its almost impossible to keep his blanket on him. The only thing I found that I dont like is that the shirt rides up and leaves his mid section exposed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• PaddyBPaddyB
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    image stephaniefine:
    I'm confused. My Niece is 3 and wears footie jammies. I didn't realize it was so hard to find them.

I think it is the time of year. I saw tons of fleece footie pjs in the winter but now that summer clothes are in the store I have not been able to find them.
    Henry 
    Henry Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had a really hard time finding them too.  She's just going into 12 month sizes and I can find everything but that or 18months in the stores. 

I ended up getting the 2 piece sets and debated about putting socks on her.  Last night was her first night in them and she was fine without them.  The shirt rides up, and the pants fell a little (she sleeps on her tummy with her butt in the air) but it annoyed me more than she noticed/cared. 

I was able to find a couple of used sets where the pants had feet and the tshirt top had a couple of snaps to attach it to the pants.  Super cool.  They were Carters but I have no idea how old they were. 

I still haven't had any luck finding the footies in her size.  I miss sleep and plays!

• image Pegleg715:
    At about 7 months, we stopped with pajamas completely. She sleeps in just a diaper, or a diaper and tshirt. We keep her room pretty warm at like 69. She sleeps about a million times better since we stopped with the pajamas.

This is us too. JA sleeps so much better now..like through the night better! I think he was getting hot and that would wake him up.
    imageimageimage
  • When it was warmer here, for a few days, I put Hanna in just onesies and she slept better than she has.  So since then I've avoided the sleepers.  We use either just a onesie or the 2 piece pj's.  I still do socks, but also cover her up as well.  I am trying to find either the footless sleepers or the 2 piece, she seems to not wake up MOTN with those.  Not sure if it's the zipper or her feet being restricted.

• I'm having a hard time finding them too! I have one, and then two pairs of the pants and shirts separately and the shirt rides up on her. She uses a sleep sack but I also use socks too if it's cooler. Her feed become ice blocks. But I take them off when she wants to walk/crawl around. I'm on the hunt too!
    image Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • image MelRC117:

I HATE you can't easily find footie pajamas in bigger sizes however I've been putting Eli in PJs that are pants and a tshirt.  They seem to be a lot easier to get on because he's such a squirmy worm.  I also use socks and he's been sleeping with a blanket for months.

Ditto this.  We switch between footie pajamas and 2-piece sets.  I'm cold-natured, so I think he has to have his feet covered at night (plus his feet feel cold).  He uses a blanket, but ends up rolling around so much that it's rarely actually on him. 

Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • We do a combo of footie PJs and the two piece big kid PJs. Or sometimes, like last night, we run out of time to do laundry and he has no clean PJs, in which case we put him to bed in a onesie and comfy pants like these: http://www.carters.com/null/French-Terry-Pull-On-Pants/886149041100,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-boy-bottoms&start=

I always put socks on him, even underneath his footed PJs, and he's in a sleepsack so I don't worry about him pulling them off. Sometimes they wiggle off in the middle of the night but his feet are never too cold, and we keep our house cold (like 65 at night.)

Have you tried 2T sized footie PJs? The Carters website has some on sale for $10. 

• Children's Place has footie PJs in bigger sizes!  Just got a few pairs on sale a few weeks ago.

I'm wary of two piece sets; I had LO in one from my mom this weekend, and he woke up from his nap covered in poop because he had a poopsplosion and the outfit could not contain it!

• I just gota hold of some footed pj's size 18 months and some i size 24 months from mothercare. But we have one that is footless and then i just put on socks and Cam does fine with them.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Since it is always cold at night here, the kids sleep in footie pjs until they are night potty trained. We don't have any clothing stores nearby, so we stock up through size 2. At around size 3 we switch to 2 piece pjs.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Meow84Meow84
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image PaddyB:

So Henry is getting close to growing out of his current footie pajamas, and I cannot for the life of me find footie pjs in 24 m (the next size up).

So are some of you switching to "big kid" pjs? if so are you putting socks on their feet at night? Or using a blanket? I guess I am just having a hard time picturing how to keep his feet warm- especially since he loves pulling off his socks. 

We're doing a mix of both, but when she has her big girl PJs on, I don't put socks on. She always ends up pulling them off. She has a blanket that stays over her legs/feet so her feet stay warm that way.

Page Graphics, Tumblr Graphics
  • I just ordered some from Children's Place and they go up to 3T. Here is one.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14