February 2013 Moms

WWYD

I am bumping on my phone while DD sleeps in the bassinet next to me. I just heard her poop, but she is still fast asleep. Would you wake her up to change her? FWIW she has never had a diaper rash even if she has had a poopy diaper on for a while.
View Full Size Image
Lilypie - (kxiS)
Lilypie - (BG2d)

Re: WWYD

• I never wake DS up to change his diaper. It's not worth the fussing and crying that ensues for those couple of minutes. But he's also never pooped in his sleep, aside from a slight side effect of a toot ;) 

Is she STTN? Or will she stir for a feed in a couple hours? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If your LO is going to wake up soonish, then I'd leave her sleeping.  If she's down for many hours, then wake her up.  DS has pooped at the start of his nighttime sleep, which is a good 10 (!) hours, so I wake him up to change him since I don't want him wallowing in his own filth for that long.

• image Meggiemuggins:
    If your LO is going to wake up soonish, then I'd leave her sleeping.  If she's down for many hours, then wake her up.  DS has pooped at the start of his nighttime sleep, which is a good 10 (!) hours, so I wake him up to change him since I don't want him wallowing in his own filth for that long.

FTR, I wouldn't, either!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No. I would not wake her.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• Sometimes she STTN and sometimes age doesn't. She did end up waking up last night. Apparently she hadn't pooped. It was only a very, very watery poop.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)