February 2013 Moms

Tips on giving a bottle?!

My little guy is 11 weeks today. We originally introduced a bottle a couple times a week starting when he was 2 weeks. Well we missed a week or tWo of bottle feeding and now he refuses the bottle. He will either cry or just chew on it and smile.

any tips? We have a wedding and he will be with a sitter. I'm also going back to work soon. He is only breast fed and I pump to give him milk in a bottle. It's so frustrating being the only one he will eat from! Help!  

Re: Tips on giving a bottle?!

• my baby is the opposite,she only likes the bottle! I have heard moms just only give them the bottle as in even if they are crying just only offer him a bottle and eventually he will be so hungry he will take it...
  • My DD won't take a bottle from me, or if I'm anywhere in the vicinity, so maybe make sure someone else is giving it? Try different bottles, different temps, make sure LO is hungry, but not starving. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you kind of push the nipple against the roof of his mouth-- not hard, but enough to get the milk to come out of the nipple-- it kind of tricks them into realizing that it's a "boob."  My DH calls it the bate & switch, lol!  Once they realize that it really is milk coming out of this weird thing, they'll eat.  Or at least, my son does.

He definately does not like the bottle, but he will eventually take it.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• We had to try a few different bottles. By 3 months he was refusing the bottles that he used to take. This is one of those "every baby is different" things. What works for some, may not work for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"