January 2013 Moms

Sound Machine for Nursery

I need a rec for a sound machine for the nursery that doesn't shut off. The sleep sheep, the seahorse, and the rainforest soother we have all shut off and then LO wakes up. Any recs? Doesn't have to be baby specific. TIA

Re: Sound Machine for Nursery

• We have the munchkin projector and sound machine. We got it from amazon. You can choose to put it on a timer or not. There are several sounds you can choose from. There's also a cool projector that projects scenes on the wall, like an under the sea or sheep. I would recommend this one to anyone who needs one. My LO loves it too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a cool mist humidifier that we got from babies r us that has a night lift and 4 different sounds you can play nonstop... We use the summer sounds every night for dd

• If you're just looking for white noise a fan works great.
    image image

• jobiannjobiann
    5000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its

image Tanda711:
    If you're just looking for white noise a fan works great.

This, any kind of music just keeps DS awake...he is just like me! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    I use a big box fan. I got it at Lowes for around 16 dollars. It also helps keep the air circulating so I'm a big fan.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We have the sound oasis S 550-05 sound therapy machine from amazon. It's not baby specific....but it's very small and produces a loud enough sound to keep noise out. And, I know because it's currently in our bedroom where Jack sleeps in a sidecar cosleeper.  We have used the ocean and white noise but it has more options.  It has a choice of timer or continuous and a volume setting.  Plus, you can turn it off with a large button in the front so you don't always have to fuss with the volume.  We set it once and now it's great. Honestly, I think I may need to buy a second one when we transition Jack to his nursery because I am not going to be able to sleep without it now! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

• ecu0505ecu0505
    250 Answers 100 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its
    We have been using "sleepy sounds" from the apple store. You put the iPad in there with her or one of our phones. The app has an indefinite setting

• We have the MyBaby by Homedics Sound Spa from Target. It's 24 99 and has 3 different kinds of white noise and 3 lullabies. You can let it run continuously all night long, which we do, or you can set the timer for 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes. It also has a projector with 3 different slides that DS loves. He states at the ceiling and smiles. We have a crib mobile and a Baby Einstein Ocean Dreams crib soother but this one is the best!
  • We have a homedics sound machine. It was 20 dollars and it has 15, 30, 60 minute increments or constant play. We use the white noise sound And leave it on all night and for naps. We tried the timed increments but she would wake up when it turned off
  • Homedics brand has a well priced one at Target thats a projector and noise machine. Love it! You can set a timer or let it go all night. I highly recommend!

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • After trying many and having them all die we have been using an old iPod with base for dd. I think we started when she was 6 months ? So it's worked for 2 years. We have the same set up now for DS
  • Thanks. These are perfect suggestions.
  • JHBWJHBW
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments
    image BabyHope2013:
    We have the munchkin projector and sound machine. We got it from amazon. You can choose to put it on a timer or not. There are several sounds you can choose from. There's also a cool projector that projects scenes on the wall, like an under the sea or sheep. I would recommend this one to anyone who needs one. My LO loves it too!

I second the munchkin one... Love that it stays on. It also has a setting to shut off after a timed period but then turn back on if it detects noise in the room. DS uses the rain sounds, but there are six different ones. I got mine at BRU.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image BabyHope2013:
    We have the munchkin projector and sound machine. We got it from amazon. You can choose to put it on a timer or not. There are several sounds you can choose from. There's also a cool projector that projects scenes on the wall, like an under the sea or sheep. I would recommend this one to anyone who needs one. My LO loves it too!

same thing here. we love it!
  • EagsEags
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its

image Tanda711:
    If you're just looking for white noise a fan works great.

This.  We just have a box fan (turned into his closet so it doesn't blow on him) that we turn on for bedtime and naps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3 rounds medicated cycles + TI = BFNs and 1 c/p at 4w1d
    3rd cycle of Femera + Novarel + IUI = BFP!! EDD - 1/21/13
    Beta 14DPO - 132; Beta 16DPO - 311
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Love & luck to my Golden Girls <3<br> *Waiting for Baby Eags*;
  • image BabyHope2013:

I have this same one purchased at Target for under 20. I typically leave it on all day. My LO loves it too!
  • image BabyHope2013:

We use this one as well! It can be left on, be put on a timer, or also be put on voice activation which means if LO cries it will turn back on. $20 on Amazon - totally worth it! 

• I'm going to buy a normal plug in one once we move her into her own room. Right now I just use my iPod and play rain through the night [unless my iPod dies]
  • kimmletkimmlet
    250 Answers 500 Comments First Anniversary
    I ended up just using a fan that I leave running all the time in DS's room, it works well for him,

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• With DS we use the Homedics baby sound spa thing.  It's $19.99 and you can get it at Bed Bath & Beyond with a $5 off coupon.  It has a light projector thing too.  We didn't use that until recently when he discovered what it did, lol.  It has several different sound options, but we've always used the rain one.  It's relaxing :)
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My babies can't live without sound machines - we took our $20 homedics from walmart one to the hospital, and now we have about 6 of these guys. Each kid has one at daycare for naps, and I bought 1 for grammie's house, and each kid has one in their nursery at home ... I mean, they are invaluable for creating the environment we need, no matter where we are - drowing out other kids, drowing out a party downstairs, etc. They run all night long. Now I basically can't sleep without one !

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have dedicated my old iPod touch to the nursery for music and for white noise at night.  I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for but I definitely recommend that route.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you have an iPod and speaker dock, I highly recommend Relax Melodees from the Apple store. We started out with the free version and upped to the paid version after we decided we loved it. I cannot stress enough how much I love it! Husband and I recommend it to everyone all the time!