Babies on the Brain

AW: Ran my first 12k

I am so beyond proud of myself. I can't believe that I ran, ok more like jogged slowly, my first 12k today. I slacked off while training for it so I was worried. But I finished and jogged most of it in 1 hour 44 mins. between mile 3 and 4 a girl running in front of me tripped and skidded across the pavement splitting her head open. I have never seen so much blood in my life. I spotted the paramedic a good 100 yards in front of me and sprinted faster than I ever ran in my life to get them. I couldn't believe the adrenaline rush I got from that. 

I feel accomplished and I can't wait for the next race!  

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
BFP #2 10.1.13
EDD June 10, 2014
imageimageimage

Re: AW: Ran my first 12k

• SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    That's so freaking awesome. Mind me asking what you did to train? Where did you start and how did you increase? 

• Congrats!! Such an accomplishment!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Congrats!

imageimageimage

imageimage

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (31): SA is ok, slightly low morph  Me (31): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, and border line high NK cells

October 2012: Clomid + IUI w/ OB/GYN = BFN

November 2012 - March 2013: Break while finding the right RE and more testing

April 2013: Unmedicated IUI #2 due to hostile CM = BFN

May 2013: Clomid + Trigger + IUI #3 = BFN

June 2013: Clomid + Trigger + IUI #4 = BFN

August 2013: IVF w/ICSI #1 6R 5M 3F All 3 embryos are slow growing and poor quality.  All 3 arrest before transfer

October 2013: IVF w/ICSI #2 8R 7M 5F Transferred 1 beautiful early blast.  Nothing to freeze.  BFP! Beta #1 14.6  Beta #2  3  Chemical Pregnancy

January 2014: IVFw/ICSI #3  8R 8M 8F Transferred 1 grade 1 expanded blast and 1 grade 2 early blast.  Nothing to Freeze.  BFN

February-March 2014: Getting Second Opinions from RMA NJ

March 2014: Start Embryo Adoption/Donation with FIRM.  We've selected our donor and have 9 snowflakes!

Transfer planned for Early May 2014

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• image Spooko:
    That's so freaking awesome. Mind me asking what you did to train? Where did you start and how did you increase? 

My training sucked. I started in February with the intention to use couch to 10k. I got up to jogging two miles then joined this crossfit-ish gym. I do that 3 nights a week and the workouts are intense so I was too sore to run on my off days when I first started there. So, I really hadn't ran more than 2 miles while training for it. My workouts helped because I've gained a lot of strength in my legs and stamina. 

I wish I would have stuck to my training and then modified it to increase for the 12k. That would have helped me improve my time. Considering my lack of run training I did pretty well. I want to do another one now I know what my body is capable of and I will definitely train better so I can beat my time.  

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • biomaj5biomaj5
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    Congrats! :D
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • That's awesome! Ran my first 5k in January and doing a 10K by the end of the year! Keep it up, it only takes a few weeks to lose all that training you put in.
  • Awesome! I did my first 5k in October and am looking for a good 10k to do (a FLAT one!) - I am up to 5 miles at a time now....never thought I'd be able to do that  :)

Editing to add: I might have fainted if someone split their head in front of me - glad adrenaline kicked in for you  :)

April 2014 TTGP Siggy Challenge: Super Snappin' Heroine (snappin' to teleport and save the day since 1991)

Link to my Chart

• So awesome!!!!  Running is so much about the mind and pushing yourself. Good for you!

imageimage