February 2013 Moms

s/o tummy time

How much tummy time is everyone doing?  Rhys spends a good 20 mins playing on his tummy over the course of the day, plus usually spends some time snuggling and sleeping on his tummy on one of us (and a LOT of time in the Moby).  Just curious what others are doing bc I honesty don't remember the recommendations.
Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

Re: s/o tummy time

• Lbug09Lbug09
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    We try to do two 10min sessions. But a lot of days we only get in one session. And he loves napping on my chest and being held upright on my shoulder so i guess that helps. He only likes it for the 3 mins he can hold his head up then starts fussing when it goes down or gives up and lays there and chews on his fist...lol
  • ajetterajetter
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    I try and put her on her tummy for a couple of minutes every wake time if possible. Maybe we get 2030 minutes a day total? She also prefers to be held upright as opposed to cradled do I guess that counts for something.
  • We're terrible about tummy time but dispite that he can roll tummy to back so I guess we're not that bad. Also, I do occasionally let him take supervised naps on his tummy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • They recommend 10 min per month of life. I havent done that much because she hates it but today she was totally different! She did about 20 min and held her head up high the entire time and even rolled over for the first time! Not sure what changed, though she will be three months old tomorrow.
  • I'm terrible too.  We usually only get in one 5 minute session a day, although she likes being upright on my should too--does her little bobble head thing as I walk around with her.  I believe the recommendation at this point is up to an hour of 10 minute sessions.
  • Eh.  He doesn't like it, so I don't force it much.  He can roll from back to tummy though, so he ends up sleeping on his tummy a lot because he puts himself that way.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ha. I'm lucky to get 5 minutes a day out of her. She always ended up screaming bloody murder and I wasn't going to leave her like that. Sometimes we would carry her upright, or I'd wear her in the K'tan for a walk to try and make up for it. Now she can roll over and immediately goes on her back to get out of tummy time.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• We get 3-5 minutes out of him tops, but I have to try it when he's already in a really good mood and is well-rested. If he's fussy or sleepy, he'll either end up sucking on his hand or face-planted into the floor, screaming. I do hold him upright almost exclusively and wear him often. He's not rolling yet, but he's got pretty good strength and control of his neck, so I think he's ok. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are getting maybe 30 min through out the day.  LO is in PT for torticollis, and they recommend an hour of tummy time for every month.  So at 1 month they should be getting an hour per day (not at once, but over the course of the day), at 2 months 2 hours, etc until 5 months.  This is recommended for all babies, not just ones with torticollis.  I laughed at her.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP #3 9/29/2014 ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Tulips114:
    We are getting maybe 30 min through out the day. nbsp;LO is in PT for torticollis, and they recommend an hour of tummy time for every month. nbsp;So at 1 month they should be getting an hour per day not at once, but over the course of the day, at 2 months 2 hours, etc until 5 months. nbsp;This is recommended for all babies, not just ones with torticollis. nbsp;I laughed at her.

Seriously? That's ridiculous.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• We are probably between 15-20 minutes per day, but I am kind of bad about making sure it happens every day.  Especially since he started talking...I love sitting him on my lap and having "conversations" with him.  He is not rolling over yet, but he can hold up his head and chest on his arms for a fair amount of time.  He's almost always upright too, unless he is sleeping.

• image kleigh926:
    image Tulips114:
    We are getting maybe 30 min through out the day. nbsp;LO is in PT for torticollis, and they recommend an hour of tummy time for every month. nbsp;So at 1 month they should be getting an hour per day not at once, but over the course of the day, at 2 months 2 hours, etc until 5 months. nbsp;This is recommended for all babies, not just ones with torticollis. nbsp;I laughed at her.

Seriously? That's ridiculous.

Wow. That's A LOT of tummy time. And for some babies, A LOT of crying/screaming/faceplanting/melting down. Crazy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • One of our boys has great neck control and basically holds his head up completely all the time. We rarely do belly time because I am just so bad at remembering to do it. When we do he is great and looks up and around. Our other boy doesn't have that much control but when I try tummy time he either screams or just lays there and doesn't move lol. We did 30 min today and he did nothing then fell asleep. Ugh oh well. I'm trying though our pedi says an hour a day.
  • Drea926Drea926
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    We only do about 15 minutes a day but DS is super strong. He has been able to push up on his arms lifting his chest and head and roll tummy to back for a few weeks now. He did it at his 2 month check up and the doc said those were 4 month milestones so I guess we are doing okay!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• image Tulips114:
    We are getting maybe 30 min through out the day.  LO is in PT for torticollis, and they recommend an hour of tummy time for every month.  So at 1 month they should be getting an hour per day (not at once, but over the course of the day), at 2 months 2 hours, etc until 5 months.  This is recommended for all babies, not just ones with torticollis.  I laughed at her.

Ummmm he is barely awake for 3 hours a day LOL 

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• Honestly if I'm lucky we get 5 minutes of tt. DD screams the whole time or she spits up regardless of how long it's been since she ate. She tolerates it more on the couch because then she's on a slight incline. However her spit up hits the floor then. We do wear her and hold her upright so I'm not too worried. She can pick her head up almost 90 degrees and has rolled over just not consistently. I keep trying in hopes that it will get better but she's pretty inconsolable after tt.
  • 2moms2b2moms2b
    1000 Comments First Anniversary 5 Love Its

Ours get floor time twice a day. I start them on their belly and when they get fussy flip them to their backs, or sit them up propped.  It varies how long they are on their tummy but total floor time is about 30 minutes a day.

Most of their time spent is on us (tummy to tummy) or with us sitting them up on the floor/our lap.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Wow, so many rolllers.  I feel like DD is not even close to rolling over.  Oh well, in her own time I guess.

• image DC2London:

image Tulips114:
    We are getting maybe 30 min through out the day.  LO is in PT for torticollis, and they recommend an hour of tummy time for every month.  So at 1 month they should be getting an hour per day (not at once, but over the course of the day), at 2 months 2 hours, etc until 5 months.  This is recommended for all babies, not just ones with torticollis.  I laughed at her.

Ummmm he is barely awake for 3 hours a day LOL 

Thats exactly what I told her!  If you take out the time they spend eating, being burped and changed, there isn't time for that much tummy time! And since she hates it I'm not going to make her spend all of her awake time on her tummy, no way.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP #3 9/29/2014 ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2moms2b2moms2b
    1000 Comments First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    image carriesu2003:

Wow, so many rolllers.  I feel like DD is not even close to rolling over.  Oh well, in her own time I guess.

I never thought ours were close and one day he just went.  I was like no warning and we almost missed it.  It's not that far off momma!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • a13049a13049
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Our pediatrician said an hot a day, But honestly we are getting more around 30 minutes throughout the day. That's about all dd will tolerate

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards