June 2013 Moms

Carseat Canopy

Are they worth it?  I have the "$50 Gift Card"  for carseatcanopy.com from going to Motherhood Maternity (I stashed it away and forgot about it, just found it).  I'm assuming I'd still have to pay shipping and handling, so, is it worth getting?

ETA:  Also the nursing covers from **THIS IS SPAM**?  Same quality you'd get in the store?  I already have an Eddie Bauer one.

View Full Size Image  image

Re: Carseat Canopy

• majwv8majwv8
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    FTM here, but I'm under the impression that these types of things are a waste/unsafe. And a you can just use a blanket if needed..
    *OMG*06.23.2013*

• I had a car seat canopy made from Etsy. It's not used while driving, so I don't see how it'll be unsafe. I like it because it doesn't fall off (since it is velcro'd onto the handle) so when you're in shopping in the mall or something no one looks in and it's darker for the baby to sleep. Plus in a pinch they can be used as a nursing cover, and the one I have at least, is a lighter fabric than a blanket. 

Which brings me to your next question. Someone edited out saying "This is spam." Are you talking about an **THIS IS SPAM** Cover? I did their "free" deal last pregnancy for just the price of shipping - which was $8. It was *okay,* not good quality like my other cover was. I guess it was worth the $8 since but no more than that. I didn't use it though since I never produced a single drop of BM.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Faith7Faith7
    Long-Lasting Membership 100 Comments 5 Love Its
    I bought one of the nursing covers.  Well, it said it was free, but I paid $12 and I'm certain that it didn't cost that much to mail it.  I was satisfied.  It was shorter than they looked in the pictures, but the pictures made them look extra long.  Mine just comes down to my waist.  The fabric is pretty & light weight and it will be useful.  It certainly wasn't worth $40 or whatever they said they were selling it for.  I didn't have any other nursing cover.  I looked at the sling and the carseat cover, and decided they weren't worth it.
  • I ordered my "free", or 12 dollar shipping, carseat canopy. My friend has one and it's actually really nice! I think much better than a blanket because it couldn't slide down and cover the baby's face since it attaches to the handle.

• Thanks for the feedback!  Huh, didn't notice it took out my nursing cover comment.  Funny it did that but not the carseat canopy one.  The nursing cover was from u.d.d.e.r. c.o.v.e.r.  Not spelled with all those periods, but maybe it won't detect it as SPAM if I put them in.  We'll see.

View Full Size Image  image
  • I got both using the coupons. I agree with pp that shipping is probably not as much as they charge but I think it's worth it. I ordered it back close to Xmas and it has been a dust cover for the carseat for awhile lol
    Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got one,I like it.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• My friend and I are making our own which is much cheaper. We are doing a thin one for summer and thicker for winter. We found the pattern and instructions on Pinterest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image JinglesChic:

I had a car seat canopy made from Etsy. It's not used while driving, so I don't see how it'll be unsafe. I like it because it doesn't fall off (since it is velcro'd onto the handle) so when you're in shopping in the mall or something no one looks in and it's darker for the baby to sleep. Plus in a pinch they can be used as a nursing cover, and the one I have at least, is a lighter fabric than a blanket. 

Which brings me to your next question. Someone edited out saying "This is spam." Are you talking about an **THIS IS SPAM** Cover? I did their "free" deal last pregnancy for just the price of shipping - which was $8. It was *okay,* not good quality like my other cover was. I guess it was worth the $8 since but no more than that. I didn't use it though since I never produced a single drop of BM.

what seller did you buy from? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi, Bump Gods/moderators: just because you don't like their business model does not mean that an ud*der cover is spam. They give you a legit product, though very cheaply made. They also had mt debit card info for 4 years, and no suspicious charges that I see. No need to edit out comments. 

And Syrah, I brought this one for myself but had her put the giraffe print in the inside. I also ordered a second of a different print for my friend's shower. It's two refular fabrics so only like an A+A blanket will be lighter. 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/106504247/car-seat-cover-car-seat-canopy-pink?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=Giraffe

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• image BonnieK10:

Are they worth it?  I have the "$50 Gift Card"  for carseatcanopy.com from going to Motherhood Maternity (I stashed it away and forgot about it, just found it).  I'm assuming I'd still have to pay shipping and handling, so, is it worth getting?

ETA:  Also the nursing covers from **THIS IS SPAM**?  Same quality you'd get in the store?  I already have an Eddie Bauer one.

yes the canopy is worth it for 12 bucks!! I got one too- and really like it! It's actually very well made. I would never spend 50 bucks for one...but 12 bucks, heck yessss!! it's worth the shipping. The quality is great! 

• image JinglesChic:

Hi, Bump Gods/moderators: just because you don't like their business model does not mean that an ud*der cover is spam. They give you a legit product, though very cheaply made. They also had mt debit card info for 4 years, and no suspicious charges that I see. No need to edit out comments. 

And Syrah, I brought this one for myself but had her put the giraffe print in the inside. I also ordered a second of a different print for my friend's shower. It's two refular fabrics so only like an A+A blanket will be lighter. 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/106504247/car-seat-cover-car-seat-canopy-pink?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=Giraffe

thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards