February 2013 Moms

my baby stinks

Seriously. So she went from pooping at least twice a day, to going 8 days without pooping. That was Thursday. Now she has the WORST smelling gas. I can tell she hasn't cleaned out her system, but the pedi said some babies go up to two weeks between BMs and as long as its soft and she doesn't seem in pain it's fine. But what the heck am I supposed to do about these silent deadly toots? It is just awful and I feel like even if she isn't in pain something isn't quite right.

Re: my baby stinks

• Wow that would concern me. Luke is quite the opposite today and has pooped 5 times today which is out of the norm for us. Btw we call those silent but deadly toots "ninjas" but for the most part Luke's toots sound like a grown man I've yet to come up with a name for those.
  • nlp1990nlp1990
    100 Comments 100 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    This was us a couple of weeks ago. Our pedi said the same thing. He never seemed in pain but man he was STINKY!
  • Buy air freshener? I would seriously question the timeframe.  I was worried when my son went 2 days without pooping! I was going to email his doctor if he hadn't gone today.  But he went.  And OMG he WENT!

TMI alert*  It was bubbly and frothy.  We were out at the zoo today and it took me 8 wipes to get him cleaned up!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

• image adamsabigail14:
    Wow that would concern me. Luke is quite the opposite today and has pooped 5 times today which is out of the norm for us. Btw we call those silent but deadly toots "ninjas" but for the most part Luke's toots sound like a grown man I've yet to come up with a name for those.

LOL - the manfarts are funny. It's especially funny when he squirms and sticks both legs up in the air to squeeze it out. Silly boy. 

My LO poops many times a day, and his diaper can barely contain them as-is. I don't know what we'd do if he started skipping days and going all at once. Scary thought. His toots are smelly occasionally even though he poos all the time. Idk what to tell you, OP. My pp gas has been pretty bad, too... We're just a stinky household right now. lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ajetterajetter
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Yeah I really don't like this whole not pooping business. I was concerned and called but they said they didn't want to see her until it had been two weeks or she seemed in pain. I know their systems can change, but from 2 plus times a day to nothing for a week bothers me. Not sure what I can do about it.
  • lgleyzelgleyze
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Wow, my doc wants to see them after just 3 days of no BM. DD was having trouble and our doc suggested doing 1/4 dose of pedia lax and an oz of apple juice once a day until she was regular.
  • image adamsabigail14:
    Wow that would concern me. Luke is quite the opposite today and has pooped 5 times today which is out of the norm for us. Btw we call those silent but deadly toots "ninjas" but for the most part Luke's toots sound like a grown man I've yet to come up with a name for those.

Those and his grown man belches are why I call Colton my little "frat boy" because I'd expect the same noises out of a rowdy fraternity member, lol

The longest Colton has gone is a 4 days, at the end of which we had a 10+-wiper blowout of epic proportions.

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • ajetterajetter
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    image lgleyze:
    Wow, my doc wants to see them after just 3 days of no BM. DD was having trouble and our doc suggested doing 1/4 dose of pedia lax and an oz of apple juice once a day until she was regular.

Are you BF or FF? If I didn't mention it above I'm BF. Everything I've read thanks to Dr. Google confirms what the pedi says, but oh my word this stinky gas is killing me! If she goes another 8 days without a BM I might take her in just to see what they say, but maybe this really is just her new normal. Eew.
  • LO has started pooping about every other day and she has stinky gas too....no advice, but if you figure out a solution let us know, haha!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers