April 2013 Moms
Options

How much does your LO eat

Our LO is 2.5 weeks and eats approx 4oz every 2 to 3 hours. I you haven seen my other posts, I was EBF but she was eating for hours and always seeming hungry so we started a new regimen at the recommedation of a LC of 40 min feedings, supplement with BM or formula if no BM stocked and then pump for 10 min on each side to try and build supply and stash for next feeding.

When we started this new "plan" we also started weighed feedings. In 40 min LO gets 1.5 to 2oz and then will take another 2 or so by bottle.

It just seems like a lot of food for a 2 week old...and I don't think shes hit her 3week growth spurt yet.

Re: How much does your LO eat

• Options

Occasional poster, long time lurker here. 

Ironically, I was wondering the same thing.  My daughter Natalie is six days old. I am trying to go the breast feeding route if my body lets me. I was able to provide colostrum in the hospital and the last few days at home, but my milk supply has not kicked in yet.  So, we are now supplementing with formula because she is constantly hungry.  

Last night, we gave her 2-3 oz of formula every 2-3 hours in the evening/overnight.  Today, I am breast feeding what I can and giving her formula to top her off every 2-3 hours.  

I am trying to figure out if the quantity of what I am feeding her is normal... my husband jokes that she is eating her weight in formula.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    my DD is about 2.5 weeks as well and she eats 2-3 oz every 2-3 hours which the doc said was normal.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine eats 4oz every 3 1/2 hours but the last 24 hours she's been eating every 2 to 2 1/2 hours 4 oz
    She'll be 3 weeks tomorrow
  • Options
    SRK128SRK128 member
    J eats 4oz ever 4 hours.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options

imageSRK128:
    J eats 4oz ever 4 hours.

This is the same for ours, 4oz every 3-4 hours... we were worried at first too but the doctor told us it is perfectly normal! 

• Options
    LO is 7 weeks and eats 4.5 to 5 oz every 3 hrs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"