December 2010 Moms

What does your LO pretend to be?

J has pretended to be different things for a little while now, but now he's diversifying.  Before, it was almost always a puppy, he'd crawl around with his tongue out. Now, he's broken out "dragon" with roars and claws, "robot" which basically from what I can tell is just him taking very tiny steps, and Iron Man.  He got a mask for Easter of Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America and he'll put on the Iron Man mask, stick his hand out and making shooting sounds like he's shooting his stabilizers.

Was just wondering what your LOs like to pretend to be.

Re: What does your LO pretend to be?

• We get lion a lot with lots of roaring.  Mostly, he just plays with his toys in a "pretend" way.  He makes car noises and cooks up pretend meals and has tea parties with stuffed animals.  His stuffed mouse gets "babied" a lot in the real baby's swings and bouncers and things.  N can't speak very well, so sometimes I have no idea what he's doing, but you can tell he's got some big imaginary game going on. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • All sort of animals, but monkey and bear are her favorites to pretend. Most of the time though she finds a hat, my heels, or wraps her blanket around herself like a toga and says shes a "booootiful pincess"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A is usually hopping around saying he's a bunny or making frog noises. Also like pp he looooves a toy kitchen and whenever we go somewhere that has one he is a cooking fiend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Cat, lion and crocodile are the most used ones. When he is in their "mode" he pours f.ex raisins out on the floor or the table and eat is with his mouth (it bothers me so I am trying to not have him doing that)
    <3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • We're in super hero mode over here. We get dinosaurs a lot, but lately he's been flying around the house as Superman
  • EVM1216EVM1216
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Love Its
    We've got a scary lion/dinosaur/kitty/cowboy/Spider-man/marching band living with us.  Spider-man primarily appears on the stairs. Her marching band requires that DH or I beat 2 toys together (blocks are her favorite) while she marches around the room with her toy broom like it is a baton, or she is beating 2 toys together (I never have thanked the ILs for that toy stainless steel kitchen set the got her for xmas) while marching in circles.  It would be very cute if I were hard of hearing.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • M goes to circus school so they teach yoga through animals so we get lots of different animals i think frog is his favorite.

• Strangely enough, N never pretends to be an animal, really. She prefers to pretend she's going to work. :p Favorites are doctor, working on a magazine (like mommy) and being a teacher.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lrn327lrn327
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    C is most often a bunny (hop, hop, hop everywhere!) but occasionally become a dinosaur walking the halls in our building, on all fours with booty way up in there air.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • G pretends to be animals mostly but his favorites are pretending to be a dog or cat.  Oh he also likes to stop around and pretend to be a dinosaur.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If we ask him to pretend, he will, but he doesn't usually pretend he is something on his own.  Usually he is making other things "pretend," like he plays with the trains and sometimes has them kiss or talk to each other. Just yesterday, my H and I were sitting on our couch and we heard behind us, "Oh Hi Kevin, it's me, Victor!" (he was having two Thomas engines talking to each other)
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • kj07kj07
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 250 Answers 100 Love Its
    B doesn't usually pretend to be an animal, but when he does it's usually something that ROARS!  More often, he pretends to be an engineer and puts together random toys or furniture to make the engine and the caboose of his train.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Is my kid weird? He hasn't done a whole lot of pretending, at least in terms of animals/superheros/etc. He likes to wrestle and pretend to cook a lot, but otherwise, nada. Weird... 

Labor Buddy to Jillybean800! :)
  • She doesn't, really. She has an imaginary friend who is a dog though.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Robot, choo choo train, dinosaur. Depends on the day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (ebIu)Lilypie - (kG8n)
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • image Nicole0012:
    Is my kid weird? He hasn't done a whole lot of pretending, at least in terms of animals/superheros/etc. He likes to wrestle and pretend to cook a lot, but otherwise, nada. Weird... 

Same here.

He plays a lot with his cars, trucks and trains, and sometimes he will feed or rock his stuffed animals but that's about it.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • superhero, gardener, pirate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards