Multiples

Cloth diapering twins?

We are considering CDing with our LOs.  I have no clue what to put on our registry.  CDing MoMs, guidance?  Thank you!!
Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cloth diapering twins?

• I put CD stuff on my registry and nobody bought any of it! You'll need to decide what type of CDs you will use. We use prefolds and covers most of the time, and pockets at night and if someone else will be with them. I have 3 dozen prefolds and 6 covers, 28 pockets and 8 extra hemp inserts for overnight-- about 5 days worth of diapers for 6 month old twins. I like Imagine Smartfit prefolds with Thirsties Duo covers. Pockets I have Kawaii, Alva and Sunbaby. My hemo insert are Joey Bunz Premium and Thirsties.

We didn't start until 4 months. My mom gifted us diapers through Amazon Mom for 3 months, so we used up those then got into CDing.

Feel free to ask any questions! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thank you!!  I'm sure I'll have questions after some more exploration :)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• We started off with thirsty covers and prefolds. When they put on some weight we went to one size pockets. My stash is mostly kawaii with a couple of fuzzibunz and bumgenius. I believe my grand total is 45.
  • I wouldn't bother registering, no one touched anything on my cd list! Plus half the fun is buying them ; I would start with the FAQ on the cd board and visit a local store to look at some I'd you have one. I have all BG and Swaddlebees AIOs right now with a few BG pockets for fun, though I have reimagined my stash a few times! I love it and my twins have never worn a disposable diaper.
    BFP#3: 3/1/11, EDD 11/11/11 - Missed M/C diagnosed 4/7/11 (7w6d), D&C 4/8/11

BFP#4: 7/6/11, EDD 3/15/12 - Missed M/C diagnosed 8/8/11 (8w4d), M/C 8/19

BFP#5: 10/8/11, EDD 6/17/12, U/S on 10/27/11 - fraternal twin boys born 6/3/12

Waiting for my buddy, s0ulchicken, to finish cooking her own twins!
  • OP - we haven't registered yet, but I wanted to add that two friends who registered for CD didn't get any of the CD items. They suspect that friends and family thought they were being totally unrealistic, and I suspect that is true plus people don't want to buy diapers...not as fun to open as cute clothes or little blankets, perhaps? Not sure. 

And FWIW, those same friends have used a diaper service for the first 3 months, and then switched to Bum Genius. I think they've found the Bum Genius is easiest to wash and use, and contains every thing (i.e. less blowouts). But I've heard they don't work well for newborns. 

This is the advice I'm taking myself, so thought I'd share it even though it's not my own experience. 

Our journey to parenthood began in July 2010. After a great deal of heartache, we are expecting di/di twins in November 2013. We are a two-mom family, and write about our journey as a way of providing support for other families like ours at http://mothershood.wordpress.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image LottaLattes:
    I wouldn't bother registering, no one touched anything on my cd list! Plus half the fun is buying them ; I would start with the FAQ on the cd board and visit a local store to look at some I'd you have one. I have all BG and Swaddlebees AIOs right now with a few BG pockets for fun, though I have reimagined my stash a few times! I love it and my twins have never worn a disposable diaper.
    I would say start with what she said :D) We cloth diapered our twin boys from 2 months until 26 months old. I will say it was something we were most successful at bc I am a SAHM. I think it would have been a LOT harder if I had chosen to go back to work; though I am sure other MoM's have made it work while working. I was able to borrow my SIL's stash of fuzzibunz one size to see if we liked cloth, before taking the plunge. When we did invest, we bought mostly FLIPS, with stay dry inserts, and a few econobum, prefolds, handful of fuzzibunz pockets for ON. We were never successful in finding an overnight solution for them, and decided it was just easier to spend $20 a month on overnight disposables, and cloth during the day. Good luck :) You can do it:)
    God gave me a double portion for my inheritance with my little Mighty men :) 9/19/10 Baby A born at 1:47 am 6lbs 14oz, 20.5inches long. Baby B born at 3:20 am 6lbs 6oz, 19.5inches long. My double blessing!:)
  • I am hoping to do the same, so thanks for all of this! 

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • MrsWPMrsWP
    Second Anniversary
    When I had my shower for my DD we asked for people to donate to the cloth diaper fund.  This allowed me to choose what I wanted.  Some people did however buy prefolds and gave them to me... which I had no intention of ever using. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards