Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How did you pick which formula?

FTM and wondering how you ladies who formula feed or supplement, choose which brand of formula to use?  Was it trial and error until one "worked"?

Re: How did you pick which formula?

• We had samples of both enfamil ready to feed and similac advance powder. The enfamil made her gassy, but she did well on the similac, so we stuck with it but transitioned to target brand since it's cheaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageJmeJme:
    We had samples of both enfamil ready to feed and similac advance powder. The enfamil made her gassy, but she did well on the similac, so we stuck with it but transitioned to target brand since it's cheaper.

Basically this but we went from Similac Sensitive to the comparable Target formula for DS.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We feed our little guy Similac Advanced because we got quite a few samples of it and he does well on it so we didn't want to switch.  The pedi said that any formula is fine as long as the baby responds well to it
  • Now that I have to supplement, the pedi handed me 5 cases of the liquid pre-made Similac Advanced bottles.. and a huge thing of powder version. So I tried that and it didn't even make him gassy. I do make sure I burp more than I would just breastfeeding, cause formula spit-up stinks/more thick and would rather avoid that as much as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Although I mostly breastfed DS, we occasionally supplemented with Similac Organic. We chose it because it was the most widely available organic formula. If we need to supplement LO we plan to use the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD received Similac Advance in the hospital and we stuck with it.  It's also what my SIL uses for LO, so I felt good using it.  It works well for DD and we've never even tried to see if another formula would work.  We even had samples of basically every formula that exists, but I ended up donating everything that wasn't Similac to a food bank that would take it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had to send my mom out to the store to pick something up after we ran into problems BF.  She picked Good Start, so that's what we stuck with.  We tried switching to the comparable store brand, and it turned out to be the worst two weeks ever.  Had to switch back and we're all good again.

If you DO go with Good Start, go to nestlebaby.com and sign up for their welcome kit.  It comes with a great little diaper bag with built-in cooler and change pad, sample can of formula, Nuk bottle, and coupons.  Pretty awesome.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"