June 2013 Moms

Let down by family vent

So, my mom, who lives very far away and hasn't seen me since we announced we were expecting, decided to throw a shower for me with our families over Mother's Day weekend. She sent invites out early and was very hopeful to get family members together again.
FF to today. With the RSVP deadline having already passed, we have only s handful of people coming. My cousins and aunts aren't coming, and my SILs aren't either. My sister has to work and can't fly in, so it's going to be basically me, my mom, MIL and a couple others.
I feel sad that my family isn't coming to spend family time together. They all RSVPd very last minute and don't seem at all bothered by not coming or even just popping by.
It might sound silly, but I just really wanted some family support and quality time.

Re: Let down by family vent

• That's a bummer but events on holiday weekends are always tough :-/  Enjoy seeing your mom and make memories with those who will be there :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• You're right....and I am probably just throwing a putty party for myself. Being on bed rest is making me really lonely.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mother's Day weekend? Yeah, that's a tough one. As it is, I'll be missing my own mother that weekend because I will be out of town with DH (OK, 5 states away) for his sister's wedding. But there is one awesome thing to remember: This is technically YOUR first official Mother's Day. Remember that as you enjoy your shower with the family and friends that will make it! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is disappointing.  Try to enjoy your day though!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hjk5000hjk5000 member

imageelmoali:
    That's a bummer but events on holiday weekends are always tough :-/  Enjoy seeing your mom and make memories with those who will be there :)

This. Plus if people have to fly, it's just hard. Still a bummer when you'd like to see them though. I'm sure it will still be a fun weekend! :)

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know how you feel. Some of my family who did manage to show up acted like it was such a bother to come. It's not about the shower but the support and what seems to be a lack of it hurts.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • I'm sorry that does really stink. My mom told me to my face "I don't do showers" so she's not coming and most of my family lives far away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's unfortunate that your family will be too busy to come. Try not to make it about you because it isn't. Don't build it up in your head to be less than what it might be. Many people RSVP late or never. Ask not to know who has or hasn't RSVPd. Don't worry about who may not be there. It will be a nice shower and you will have a good time no matter what. Believe it!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry. Maybe they are like my family and just awful about rsvping. My mom had to call so many family members and some still didn't tell her if they were coming. Most showed up however.

Regardless of how many people are there it will be special.
              image image

• jennkg3jennkg3 member

imageadeller11:
    You're right....and I am probably just throwing a putty party for myself. Being on bed rest is making me really lonely.

we are all emotional. I understand you feeling down. Partly you probably feel down for yourself and partly for your little baby. As pp said focus on family that is there once this baby is born you realize quickly that as long as they are with you, ur so no one else really matters.  

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

• Thanks girls. I know it is something I just need to deal with, but I am still disappointed. I know it will be great. I will try to focus on the positives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"