April 2013 Moms

Father's Day

What are you getting DH/SO for Father's Day? I'm needing some ideas :) when mine wants something, he buys it, so it's hard to buy for the man who has everything...
photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Father's Day

• Ditto! I have no clue what to get.
  • This might sound bitchy but I usually wait until after Mother's day to figure it out. Since my Birthday is right around the same time as mother's day DH never knows what to do for me. I don't really need anything, (if I need something I will just go get it) so we usually go out for the night, dinner, movie that type of thing. We don't really do gifts. For his 1st Father's day I took photos of DD1 holding the letters D-A-D and got a cute frame, it hangs on "his" side on the master bedroom. Every year since I have had the kids hold the same letters and take pics, then replace the photos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image TrishPete07:
    This might sound bitchy but I usually wait until after Mother's day to figure it out. Since my Birthday is right around the same time as mother's day DH never knows what to do for me. I don't really need anything, if I need something I will just go get it so we usually go out for the night, dinner, movie that type of thing. We don't really do gifts. For his 1st Father's day I took photos of DD1 holding the letters DAD and got a cute frame, it hangs on "his" side on the master bedroom. Every year since I have had the kids hold the same letters and take pics, then replace the photos.

That's such a cute tradition! I may do something like that.
  • JSS1002JSS1002
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Combo Breaker

this is our first baby so it is our first mothers/fathers day... honestly, I don't want gifts I just want to spend time with DH and LO, and with my parents... adn he just got me a nice post-baby gift... so I am going to tell him "just get me a card and then let's do what I want all day!" and tell him not to bother with a gift for me (and hope he says the same about father's day, although I'm happy to buy him gifts if he wants... )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Trish&Pete07:
    This might sound bitchy but I usually wait until after Mother's day to figure it out. Since my Birthday is right around the same time as mother's day DH never knows what to do for me. I don't really need anything, (if I need something I will just go get it) so we usually go out for the night, dinner, movie that type of thing. We don't really do gifts. For his 1st Father's day I took photos of DD1 holding the letters D-A-D and got a cute frame, it hangs on "his" side on the master bedroom. Every year since I have had the kids hold the same letters and take pics, then replace the photos.

LOVE this. Will definitely be stealing your idea to start our own tradition. Thanks.

photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SRK128SRK128
    1000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary
    The kids will make him something and we always get him golf study or tickets to a baseball game. 
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • I have no clue.

You would think that after 10 years with the man I would know what he wants. But I get clueless.