June 2013 Moms

S/O Newborn outfits...

How many lbs does a NB outfit go up to?

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

Re: S/O Newborn outfits...

• The outfit we have is newborn and says up to 7 lbs. If Sheacox's prediction of this one being 8lbs4oz is right, Baby might be naked! Stick out tongue
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Not sure abotu all brands, but I know Carter's says from 5-8 pounds

DD was 6 lbs. 10 oz at birth, and wore NB clothes for about two months

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on the brand. It usually says on the tag. Most of my outfits say 6 to 8 lbs.
  • skioskio member
    Conveniently, there is a bin sitting in my living room with clothes that I still have tags on because I don't intend to wash them.

Carter's newborn outfit [onesie and pants] says 5 to 8lbs, up to 21.5".

Old Glory onesies [Wal Mart] say 5.5 to 7.5lbs, up to 21".
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • It varies by brand, most are 5-8lbs. The way a brand fits though matters too.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Some of our say 8# and others say 12#
              image image

• imagebridetobe920:

Not sure abotu all brands, but I know Carter's says from 5-8 pounds

DD was 6 lbs. 10 oz at birth, and wore NB clothes for about two months

This was us, exactly. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageRissNRuss:
    The outfit we have is newborn and says up to 7 lbs. If Sheacox's prediction of this one being 8lbs4oz is right, Baby might be naked! Stick out tongue

Just spit out my drink laughing lol

Pregnancy Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • I find that a size is outgrown by length and not weight.  My son was and still is a shorty so sizes last forever, even if he's beyond the suggested weight.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member
    Im gonna be pretty ticked off if my kid is a 10 lb baby and can't wear any newborn clothes! DARN COMPANIES NEED TO MAKE THEM BIGGER FOR THICKER KIDS!

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• sheacoxsheacox member
    imageRissNRuss:
    The outfit we have is newborn and says up to 7 lbs. If Sheacox's prediction of this one being 8lbs4oz is right, Baby might be naked! Stick out tongue

My predictions are always right!!

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• skioskio member
    imageSLaBM2B:
    Im gonna be pretty ticked off if my kid is a 10 lb baby and can't wear any newborn clothes! DARN COMPANIES NEED TO MAKE THEM BIGGER FOR THICKER KIDS!

lol. DD wasnt even 9lbs and never fit in NB clothes. Leave the tags on, I tell ya! Or go exchange them for 3m stuff, then you're guaranteeing they'll get use.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • imageskio:
    imageSLaBM2B:
    lol. DD wasnt even 9lbs and never fit in NB clothes. Leave the tags on, I tell ya! Or go exchange them for 3m stuff, then you're guaranteeing they'll get use.

DD was 8lbs and never worn NB clothes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMufflerlove:
    It depends on the brand. It usually says on the tag. Most of my outfits say 6 to 8 lbs.

This is what mine say.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekristinrae914:

imageskio:
    imageSLaBM2B:

DD was 8lbs and never worn NB clothes.

DS2 was 8lbs 3oz and wore NB for about two weeks. Mostly Carter's or Chirco brand. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My LO was 7 lbs 13 oz at birth. She was back at birth weight within a week. She was 21.5 inches. She wore NB clothes for several months. It all depends on the baby. She was still wearing 03 month pants at eight months.
  • I think the length is important, too.  DS #1 was 21.5" at birth and he grew like a weed.  He was in 3-6 month clothes by four weeks old because he was so long.  They were baggy on him but we had no choice because he couldn't straighten his legs in 0-3 month clothes!

BFP #1 12/28/09 D&C 2/15/10
    BFP #2 DS
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #3 5/13/12 M/C 6/10/12
    BFP #4 8/12/12 M/C 8/18/12
    September 2012 - 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP #5 Beta #1 - 61 @ 12 dpo, Beta #2 - 183 @ 14 dpo, Beta #3 - 1466 @ 19 dpo
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"