September 2012 Moms

A poll, but not clicky, about cruises.

In light of everything that has happened with cruises. Would you ever cruise again? Would you ever cruise carnival or any of it's affiliates?

Tell me your thoughts. A co worker and I were discussing it, I'm interested to see what other people think.

Resolution Tip: Hurry! Eat as much   food as you can right now so you'll have more to lose once the New Year arrives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A poll, but not clicky, about cruises.

• I would absolutely go on a cruise again. It would be a freaking PR disaster if something catastrophic to the industry if it happened again.

I would cruise carnival again. 1. I've been on a carnival cruise, it was fine. 2. It is insanely cheap right now to cruise with them 3. It would be suicide for that company if anything goes wrong. However, I don't know if I would bring DD until I knew they got their act back together with their ships being updated.

If I were to cruise now, it would probably be with royal caribbean or disney, there is just a quality about the companies/their fleet that I trust.

Resolution Tip: Hurry! Eat as much   food as you can right now so you'll have more to lose once the New Year arrives.

• mnkatemnkate
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its

I went on a cruise long ago, before they had all of the awesome on-ship activities. 

I think that a Disney cruise for older kids or Royal Caribbean might possibly be fun, but (for me) a cruise would not be a first choice for a vacation. 

• I love cruising. I also would definitely go on a carnival cruise without hesitation. We had great service on the last one we did and it was a fun vacation and a great price.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My FFFC:

I think cruises are filled with old people from the Midwest, young people who think having their bangs curled into tendrills and pulled out of an updo is a "fancy" way to do their hair, and crabby people. And I don't have any interest in spending a hard earned vacation with any of them.

Also: norovorius. Or any other poop related virus/illness. Seems like cruise ships are big petri dishes for that ish. No way. Not interested.

jack | born 9.13.12 at 40w4d | 9 lbs 12 oz | 23 in

ava | born 7.25.14 via c-s at 39w0d | 8 lb 3 oz | 21.5 in

• TheAnneTheAnne
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary
    I would totally cruise again but wouldn't have cruised on carnival even before the poop cruise.

Hannah born 9/19/12
    Eve born 7/21/2014

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpf1/1742909_370626026429449_1365031072_n.jpg http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/915714_438698972935765_323253725_n.jpg

• BPerBPer
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary

Personally, I'm not into cruises. I'd rather pick a destination, and spend 10 days there. 

That being said, if I did like cruises, I don't think that recent events would keep me from going. There's thousands and thousands of cruises, and there were issues with a few. I think of it like a plane crash, it wouldn't stop me from flying. 

• image BPer:

Personally, I'm not into cruises. I'd rather pick a destination, and spend 10 days there. 

That being said, if I did like cruises, I don't think that recent events would keep me from going. There's thousands and thousands of cruises, and there were issues with a few. I think of it like a plane crash, it wouldn't stop me from flying. 

This exactly.  I went on a cruise and was so motion sick the whole time, so that pretty much did it in for me.  I'd much rather fly somewhere for a vacation. 

Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • I love cruises and have done 2 Royal Caribbean.  I want do a Disney Cruise when the kids are older too so I would definitely cruise again, but not on Carnival.  Before any of the "newsworthy" issues with Carnival I had heard they were gross/bad anyway so I was always planning to steer clear of them anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Therockboat.com. I aim to be there next year. 25 bands, it's like Spring Break for adults. I have been on 10 of them.

I love cruises. We went on a Celebrity Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon and it was amazing. I am also hoping to go on a Disney cruise with the kids at some point. That being said, I would never choose to go on a Carnival cruise. The different cruise lines definitely have different clientele.

• DH's family is big on cruising. I'm sure we will go again. They don't love Carnival. We will probably go on Royal Caribbean.

• I would never crusie, period.

ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7 photo ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7.jpg photo f42.jpg photo grumpy-cat-christmas-meme-5.jpg
                                        Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14
  • We cruised with RC twice & would cruise with them again. I would not cruise with Carnival, even before the most recent incidents.

• I would go on a cruise again.  I took a Carnival Fantasy cruise in 2001.  It was great.  I would probably try another cruise line though just to see what they are like. 
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • image bosha711:

We cruised with RC twice & would cruise with them again. I would not cruise with Carnival, even before the most recent incidents.

This.  We loved both of our experiences with Royal Carribean.  Everytime I would see Carnival at port, it always seemed kind of icky.

imageimage
                                                        LIVING A TODDLER LIFE

• I should say this. I've only cruised once, it was on carnival...there honestly was nothing icky about it, our room was clean and spacious, our dinner server was amazing and our room steward was hilarious and we actually made friends on the cruise who we are very close with to this day, they actually just drove, oh 9 hours to come and meet DD. Our ship however had just been renovated, so it could be that?

I don't really like the idea of cruises though, so my answer was a "hypothetical" I would absolutely cruise again.

I much prefer one destination.

• We have an Alaska one booked for August. I enjoy them. I don't stop flying because there was a lousy flight that got stuck on the tarmac or was delayed. The odds are in your favor that it was happen to you and that it was just a crappy set of events that snowballed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep. My dad has 2 Carnivals booked this year, I am looking at one. It's not the line, it is freak events. I LOVE cruises.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I've been on Carnival, Princess, and Norwegian.  I rate them like this: Norwegian>Carnival>Princess.

I dislike going to one place and staying there.  I'd be bored out of my mine.  I like seeing different ports and places. 

Our honeymoon was a 15 night Transatlantic Cruise out of NYC.  We hit two ports in Portugal, three in Spain, two in Italy, and two in France.  It was amazing. Unlike our other two cruises, the average age was probably like 70 on this cruise.  My DH looked around and was like, "someone's going to die on this cruise, right?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• image JAM828:
    image 1fish2fish:

I've been on Carnival, Princess, and Norwegian.  I rate them like this: Norwegian>Carnival>Princess.

I dislike going to one place and staying there.  I'd be bored out of my mine.  I like seeing different ports and places. 

Our honeymoon was a 15 night Transatlantic Cruise out of NYC.  We hit two ports in Portugal, three in Spain, two in Italy, and two in France.  It was amazing. Unlike our other two cruises, the average age was probably like 70 on this cruise.  My DH looked around and was like, "someone's going to die on this cruise, right?"

That sounds amazing.

and surprisingly affordable.  Our balcony cabin was like $1300/per person (without taxes/tips).

• I went on a cruise for my wedding anniversary. The Norwegian Epic. It was AMAZING. I would do it again in a hot second. Everything about it was top notch.

We booked a Carnival cruise RIGHT before all the stuff went down this year. I just got back about 2 weeks ago. I will NEEEVVVERRR cruise with Carnival again. They don't care about customer service at all. NOBODY. So many things went wrong. The ship was so so. Not too much to do on the ship..very busy and packed.

I will cruise again..but only on Norwegian or Royal Caribbean or Disney. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I would, but I would never go on Carnival after the recent events. It won't matter-- DH hated the one cruise we went on and will NEVER set foot on a cruise ship again. Boo.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have actually never cruised, but I would be game. I think the chances of something happening right now are slim.

That said, DH and I had looked into a Disney cruise for the family, and it was crazy expensive and got mixed reviews, so cruising wouldn't be my first choice vacation.

• I would love to take another cruise. I would not go on Carnival, partly because of their recent troubles and partly because their ships didn't appeal to me anyway. I've cruised with Celebrity and Princess and I'd be happy to sail with either of those companies again.

• I've never cruised Carnival. I've been on a couple of Norwegian cruises (the second of which was where my DH proposed to me; his best friend also proposed to his wife on the same trip), and the only negative of either experience was that the second cruise was rainy the whole way (obviously no fault of Norwegian's). Otherwise it was entirely pleasant and I definitely would do it again. I don't think I would cruise Carnival, not just because of recent issues, but I've had such a good experience with Norwegian that I wouldn't feel the need to change lines, KWIM? I definitely loved all the "free" food! If we were taking LO somewhere, I would probably opt for something stationary though. 
    Me: 25, DH: 31 -- Married 4/23/2012 -- DD: 6/27/2012, DS: 4/25/2014!
    Skye Elise born at 29 weeks via CS due to preeclampsia/HELLP.
    Dorian Alexander born at 40 weeks 2 days via VBAC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards