June 2013 Moms

Before delivery or after?

I need a haricut. Hardcore. As in I haven't had one in almost a year. My original plan was to get it done after delivery while my mom is still here so I could take a little break for an hour or so to get out on my own while she has LO. Now I'm contemplating getting it done now because I could use a pick me up and I realllly need it. I will only do one or the other so don't tell me to do it now and get a trim later. Lol.

WWYD?

CJ 05/29/2013

Re: Before delivery or after?

• I say now. You will want easy to manage hair after baby is here. My hair is now at Cousin It stage so I need to get a trim myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would do it now, if you need a pick me up. Getting a hair cut always refreshes me.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    EJ born 5/15/13 at 35 weeks 5 Days
    BFP 5/21/14 Missed Miscarriage Discovered 8/13/14 @ 17weeks

• dmlk413dmlk413
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper

Before.  That way it will be one less thing you have to worry about once LO is here.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• YakutYakut
    100 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I was having the same dilemma and decided to do it now. I have a feeling I will be too tired or out of it afterwards, and I always feel better about myself when my hair looks nice.
  • Do it now! I usally get my cut right before I have the baby but this time I think I'm going to leave it long so I can pull it back. With three kids, it's not like I'm going to have to time to fix it all the time.

DS1 born 2/26/07 ~*~ DS2 born 10/18/10 ~*~ M/C 8/5/12 ~*~ DS3 born 6/21/13

~*~Surpise BFP #4 due in May 2015!!~*~

• Definitely do it now! :) Great pick me up, and lugging baby to the hair salon (if you'd have to) might make for a stressful outing. Go now and enjoy the pampering. Getting my hair washed & dried is my favorite part. hehe.

ETA: nevermind, I see your mom would watch the LO. I still say go now. :)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Im getting mine done in a couple weeks for my birthday, like you I haven't had a cut in over a year now. So my vote is do it now! Easy to manage hair once LO is here is ideal.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ehnastoehnasto
    500 Comments
    Do it now! That whole having someone else wash your hair while you get to lie down thing is amazing right now!
  • I would go now. It's a great pick me up and I would imagine managable hair after baby comes is a must.
  • Get a shampoo and cut and style now. Then after baby comes leave baby with grandma and go out to get a shampoo and style so you get a break and a freshener! :]
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Do it now, and then maybe go get a pedicure afterwards for a pampering break for yourself? 

• I've been debating the same thing, and have decided to do it before. My hair is out of control long, and I know there will be tons of pictures after delivery so I would love for it to be a bit tamer! I'm gonna wait a week or two so its a bit fresher in midJune.

imageimage

• I'm waiting. I already just pull my hair up. But if you want the pick-me-up, I say go for it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• image dmlk413:

Before.  That way it will be one less thing you have to worry about once LO is here.

This is what I was thinking. 

• Do it now.  I plan on getting mine touched up next month so I look good for delivery.  :)
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Like everyone else....I saw do it now.

• I say now! You'll feel much better and I'm sure you'll think of something else to get you out of the house for an hour or so when LO is here.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Get a trim, but don't make any big changes or decisions until baby is 6 weeks old and you ahve your brain back. Plus, you'll likely loose a boat load of hair and need to do something to comepnsate for mad bald spots. This is how I ended up with bangs :)
    Please forgive my typos! I'm not as dumb as my iphone would like you to believe :)
    The Maiden Metallurgist
    Curious about babywearing? Check out my friend Meredith's Babyweraring Guide Untitled BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm getting mine cut after- my standard length is too short for ponytails/etc and I want it pulled back like it's been now during L&D. It's not looking the best, but hey, it's been pulled back for about 8 months at this point, so I don't really care.

I'm an after kinda girl on this one.

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • sheacoxsheacox
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    Now now now!!

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• image SouthSideDrea:
    Get a trim, but don't make any big changes or decisions until baby is 6 weeks old and you ahve your brain back. Plus, you'll likely loose a boat load of hair and need to do something to comepnsate for mad bald spots. This is how I ended up with bangs :)

Lol. I normally trim my hair to shoulder length every summer, grow it out until the following year. I wouldn't do anything crazier than that. Thanks for the heads up though!

CJ 05/29/2013

• Well I think Groupon just made up my mind for me. $12 for wash, cut, blow and style.

CJ 05/29/2013

• image Bacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Well I think Groupon just made up my mind for me. $12 for wash, cut, blow and style.
    Post a pic afterward! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • LiLi23LiLi23
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I agree with PP.  Do it now!  I just had one this past weekend and it was so nice.  The last time I had a cut was late November-ish, so it was more than time.  I really wanted to chop it all off, but knew I'd regret it so I cut like an inch and a half.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• image MrsKatieW:
    image Bacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Well I think Groupon just made up my mind for me. $12 for wash, cut, blow and style.
    Post a pic afterward! 

I will!

My friend mentioned going to get mani-pedis next Saturday before my shower so I may just do my hair then too.

CJ 05/29/2013

• skioskio
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    Before. Do everything you can before.

Haircuts a pedicures and all that stuff gets very low on the priority list with a new baby around.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Before! Even though my mom was there for a couple weeks after, I didn't a) feel like leaving the baby, b) would have to feed before the appointment was finished.  Also, it is nice to have a nice 'do in those PP pics.

• Definitely now

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • I also vote now.  Most of my friends have let their hair grow on mat leave because it's easier to just pull back and get out of your face -- not to mention hide in a ponytail when it gets greasy because you're not showering as often!  That's my plan too.

imageimage
  • I got mine done monday. It was nice to know that Im going to look the best I can when all these pictures will be taken.
    Pregnancy Ticker