September 2012 Moms

FFFC

I know it is early.

Let's go!
"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)

Re: FFFC

• I literally eat 2 packages of oreos a week.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • In the 'what are you known for' thread I really wanted to ask what people thought I was known for. I'm sure its different things for everyone. But I figured it was better to not stir the dust on that stuff. 

I know Colby is one of the younger s12 babies but he seems behind everyone elses LO. I'm irrationally scared of austim/ some other learning disorder.  

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO absolutely loves the song "Go DJ" by Lil Wayne. He can be throwing an absolute fit and that song will make him completely silent. Guess I better find another song he likes before he is able to repeat the lyrics.

• Every time I see a post titled 'am I a biitch' or 'am I overreacting?' I wanna reply with a 'yes' without reading. Most of the time they are legitimate concerns. I guess my confession is that I am a biitch and I know it and I am ok with it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Holly_1007:

I know Colby is one of the younger s12 babies but he seems behind everyone elses LO. I'm irrationally scared of austim/ some other learning disorder.  

My LO is one of the younger S12 babies and I have those thoughts too, I think it is a normal mom thing. Try not to worry so much.

• StasiStasi
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    image kdsmith43:
    image Holly_1007:

My LO is one of the younger S12 babies and I have those thoughts too, I think it is a normal mom thing. Try not to worry so much.

Hell, Kate is right in the middle of the month and I feel that way. It'll be just fine, try not to worry.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• jlk6jlk6
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    We let Connor gum on a french fry yesterday at the zoo. DH did wipe the salt off of it first but still. I don't think he really swallowed anything though, he ended up spitting it back out after awhile.
    Momma to Connor (9/2012) and Baby K (11/2014)
  • image kdsmith43:
    image Holly_1007:

I think it's a normal mom thing. C is one of the older babies and I have those thoughts too. Holly, I hope you relax about it.

And I'm not sure because Autism is not one of the things I work with (I work with EBD/LD/FAS for the most part) but doesn't Autism manifest later?

• image auroraloo:
    image kdsmith43:
    image Holly_1007:

I think it's a normal mom thing. C is one of the older babies and I have those thoughts too. Holly, I hope you relax about it.

And I'm not sure because Autism is not one of the things I work with (I work with EBD/LD/FAS for the most part) but doesn't Autism manifest later?

They don't really start testing for it until 1 year. I think?  I know my BFFs brother was developing normally until about 15 months and then just stopped. They had him tested for everything for a while and it wasn't until he was close to 3 that they landed on a ASD. 

» MEME 17001387004541 – Right Memes
  • I spend money on Candy Crush regularly. I'm competitive, even with myself, and impatient!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Autism does not present itself at 7 months, nor does it come in the form of developmental delays like sitting up, crawling, etc.

ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7 photo ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7.jpg photo f42.jpg photo grumpy-cat-christmas-meme-5.jpg
                                        Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14
  • image Holly_1007:
    In the 'what are you known for' thread I really wanted to ask what people thought I was known for. I'm sure its different things for everyone. But I figured it was better to not stir the dust on that stuff.nbsp;nbsp;I know Colby is one of the younger s12 babies but he seems behind everyone elses LO. I'm irrationally scared of austim/ some other learning disorder. nbsp;

Holly, I think it's normal to have concerns. I've googled autism more than I'd like to admit. I think there is just no way of knowing right now. I've heard these milestones and things happen overnight. Before you know it you'll be shocked at everythig LO is doing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Autism is rarely diagnosed before 2-3. They may start testing and EI but you won't get a diagnosis until you are AT LEAST 2, but usually, they hold off on that until age 3 because like asthma, once that shitt's in your medical record, it's there forever.
    ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7 photo ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7.jpg photo f42.jpg photo grumpy-cat-christmas-meme-5.jpg
                                        Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14
  • My SD's half sister at her moms house was diagnosed at 1.5. she was delayed right at the beginning. this is where my fear comes from. 

• TheAnneTheAnne
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary
    Autism isn't something that will be noticed by your child not rolling over, crawling or feeding himself.  It's not detected until later when the child is slow to interact socially, speak or make eye contact.  Nothing can be detected in a child this young. 

Hannah born 9/19/12
    Eve born 7/21/2014

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpf1/1742909_370626026429449_1365031072_n.jpg http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/915714_438698972935765_323253725_n.jpg

• image LoisLayn23:
    Autism is rarely diagnosed before 23. They may start testing and EI but you won't get a diagnosis until you are AT LEAST 2, but usually, they hold off on that until age 3 because like asthma, once that shitt's in your medical record, it's there forever.

This. And while they so take in to consideration gross motor milestones, they are also considering other factors such as speech development, eye contact, usually a stunt in overall development, etc. Basically they are considering things that our babies are not even developmentally ready to master or attempt.
    I guess my FFFC is that as a Special Educator I obsess about milestones and have to talk myself down often because there are kids who meet milestones within normal limits that go on to have severe learning disabilities and kids who are delayed in meeting milestones and go on to be do just fine in school. Every kid is different and I constantly have to remind myself that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Holly_1007:
    My SD's half sister at her moms house was diagnosed at 1.5. she was delayed right at the beginning. this is where my fear comes from. 

Autism does not present 'at the beginning.' She may have needed EI prior to 2, but autism is a social and communicative disorder, not a physical disorder.

• image jussagirl02:
    image LoisLayn23:
    Autism is rarely diagnosed before 23. They may start testing and EI but you won't get a diagnosis until you are AT LEAST 2, but usually, they hold off on that until age 3 because like asthma, once that shitt's in your medical record, it's there forever.
    This. And while they so take in to consideration gross motor milestones, they are also considering other factors such as speech development, eye contact, usually a stunt in overall development, etc. Basically they are considering things that our babies are not even developmentally ready to master or attempt. I guess my FFFC is that as a Special Educator I obsess about milestones and have to talk myself down often because there are kids who meet milestones within normal limits that go on to have severe learning disabilities and kids who are delayed in meeting milestones and go on to be do just fine in school. Every kid is different and I constantly have to remind myself that.

Right, but at 7 months, there aren't "signs" of autism.

• StasiStasi
    image LoisLayn23:

image Holly_1007:
    My SD's half sister at her moms house was diagnosed at 1.5. she was delayed right at the beginning. this is where my fear comes from. 

Autism does not present 'at the beginning.' She may have needed EI prior to 2, but autism is a social and communicative disorder, not a physical disorder.

What's EI?

Little Sprout Blog

• image Stasi:
    image LoisLayn23:

image Holly_1007:

What's EI?

Early Intervention. It's a state by state program that gets a referral from the pediatrician, does a screening, and then if appropriate, schedules in home work. Therapies to help develop the skills. Sometimes it's speech, sometimes it's PT, OT. Sometimes it's communication and just teaching life skills.

• image Stasi:
    image LoisLayn23:

image Holly_1007:

What's EI?

Early Intervention.

[/IMG]Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• image Stasi:
    image LoisLayn23:

image Holly_1007:

What's EI?

Early Intervention.

• My older daughter needs some speech therapy.  Logically I know it's fine and she'll get the help she needs and it'll be fine.  Emotionally I feel like I failed her. 

[/IMG]Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• StasiStasi
    image linzeek44:
    image Stasi:
    image LoisLayn23:

image Holly_1007:

What's EI?

Early Intervention.

God. Should I have known that...like, 5 people responded.

Little Sprout Blog

• TheAnneTheAnne
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary

This can help you determine if there is REALLY anything at all to worry about at this young of an age.  But realistically speaking, babies don't follow a schedule.  Many meet milestones at different times and they are perfect healthy and smart.  Don't be concerned unless there is something glaringly wrong. 

http://pathways.org/lower-left-nav/pathways-videos/typical-atypical-development-comparisons-videos#.UYOvdHdnB8E

Hannah born 9/19/12
    Eve born 7/21/2014

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpf1/1742909_370626026429449_1365031072_n.jpg http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/915714_438698972935765_323253725_n.jpg

• I like Vera Bradley stuff. I h net liked some of their recent patterns. But I do have some. I use an old tote as G's diaper bag and love it.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image redneckmomma25:
    I like Vera Bradley stuff. I h net liked some of their recent patterns. But I do have some. I use an old tote as G's diaper bag and love it.

All of this.  Some of the patterns are NMS, but overall, I'm a fan of VB.  I also send DD to daycare with an old Vera Bradley tote I used as a book bag in college. 

imageimageimage
  • oops. meant to quote lois. mobile, sorry.

she was delayed right from the beginning, not meeting milestones. she was officially DX with autism around 18 months. There's a lot more story that I won't get into, either way, it scared me enough to worry about it a lot more with Colby than I did Keagan. This little girl is pretty severe though and (from what I know) most likely won't be able to ever live on her own. My knowledge is very limited though due to a shiity relationship with the mom. I hope I am wrong. 

• image gingerfamily:

My older daughter needs some speech therapy.  Logically I know it's fine and she'll get the help she needs and it'll be fine.  Emotionally I feel like I failed her. 

Don't! It's actually fairly common.  My mom runs a daycare and they have a bunch of kids that are getting speech therapy. I think it's fantastic that there are resources out there to help kids at such a young age.

And I think you deserve a lot of credit for recognizing it and getting her the assistance! 

• At our 6 month appt the pedi's office gave us paperwork to fill out to begin testing for autism at her 9 month appt.  I wonder why if it doesn't begin to really show till later.
                  image     image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards