January 2013 Moms

S/O clothes, pjs......

S/O clothes, pjs, ok I got a new one, bedding.

Does your LO just sleep in an empty crib/bassinet/pnp/rocker?

Do you, gasp, put a blanket in with them at all?

How often to you change the bedding, sheet? So long as no accidents.

Bumpers: yay or nay, what kind.

Mobile: yay or nay

R sleeps in a crib with those zippable sheets. I really thought they were unecessary, and a little out of my price range but they were given to me and I LOVE them. She has only peed in her crib once, knock on wood and so easy, all you do is zip the top part off!

I do and am about to put R in there with a thin knitted blanket tucked around all edges. Hopefully I won't get flamed for this one. It's too warm for a legit blanket, and I won't put a real one in there and I figure this is knitted so she could breathe still if it did some how end up over her face. She has moved all over lately but so far the blanket has stayed put!

Right now I have only been changing the sheet maybe every couple of weeks. Is that bad?!

Bumpers: we just got the breathable ones because R kept waking up with her face up in the slats or feet or hands. This made her upset and most of the time I had to get up and help her. Hoping this will allow us both to sleep better. I know you are not supposed to use any kind and that she probably wouldn't get hurt without them but personally, they are working for us so far. CA hasn't outlawed them, in the words of my grandma, we are a weird state.

Mobile: R has a cheap one my mom found at target on clearance for 7 bucks. She LOVES it. I fear for the day it dies. But I see them at BRU on clearance all the time as well.

ETA: added a couple ?s.
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: S/O clothes, pjs......

• Does your LO just sleep in an empty crib/bassinet/pnp/rocker?  No, she has her pillow anti flat head, a blanket (tucked at the feet of the crib and rolled over the foot part) and usually a couple plush rattles get left in there too; she doesn't roll yet and I'll probably take the toys out when she starts

Do you, gasp, put a blanket in with them at all? Yes, during naps I put a fuzzy balnket on her and sometimes when DH puts her to bed he covers her with the big blanket from her bedding set

How often to you change the bedding, sheet? So long as no accidents.  Once a week

Bumpers: yay or nay, what kind.  Yes, regular (but thin) ones

Mobile: yay  or nay Yes, the FP Nature Berries that also projects on the ceiling and has a lighted caleidoscope 

I just want to add that we have an Angel Care monitor and that's we are so lax about this

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Ok, so right now Jack is still sleeping in s sidecar cosleeper.  It has a fitted sheet on its little mattress.  

Lately I have been putting an Aden and Anais blanket wrapped Hawaiian skirt style around his legs when I go to bed because it's too warm when we put him down at 7:30 but then by 12 it gets cold.   It makes me paranoid.  But, he is a hot baby.  If I put him in a sleep sack or footed pjs at 7:30 he wakes up screaming and red.  Right now I am putting him to bed in carters one piece shorts rompers and his swaddle strap around his chest.  

I change his bedding every week, the same time I change ours.  He leaves so much hair on the sheets-it's gross.   

If Jack gets stuck once he is in the crib, I am not opposed to breathable bumpers.  But, he'll be 6 months by then and should be rolling on his own.  

I was just about to get a cute mobile from amazon since he loves our ceiling fan.  But I may hold off until he actually starts sleeping in the crib.  I don't want any distractions in the crib when we transition in a couple of months.   

BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Does your LO just sleep in an empty crib/bassinet/pnp/rocker? 

Empty PnP, and by empty I mean my iPod is usually by her feet playing rain sounds and sometimes her future lovey Lemon is by her feet too... but usually she's in bed with me. 

Nope, I really want to give her a little crocheted blanket but I just worry a little too much so it's not worth it right now.  I'm thinking even with the air on once we move it'll still be pretty warm so she won't need it in a few weeks anyways.

How often to you change the bedding, sheet?

So long as no accidents. This exactly. I don't change it often, every couple weeks maybe.

Bumpers

Nay... but she's not actually in her crib yet. If she wakes up arms/legs out of the slats I might look into the mesh breathable kind. 

Mobile

Nay, I didn't want to set one up but maybe once we move I'll look into one.

• image karen_loy:
    I just want to add that we have an Angel Care monitor and that's we are so lax about this

So do we, but not sure you have seen me mention this in other posts, we are not getting along lately. I did shove a piece of wood up under him yesterday and so far he hasn't woken me up last night so I suppose we are on speaking terms. Though not totally trusting him still.

By him I mean the angelcare system.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Cole is still sleeping in the swing (turned off) most nights. I will answer based on him and my older son. 

Cole's crib is completely empty.  My older son has a blanket, lovie, DreamLites, and whatever random toys he sneaks in there. 

I didn't offer my other son a blanket until close to a year old. 

There are no bumpers on Cole's crib. I didn't even bother buying a bedding set, just sheets. My older son has bumpers on three sides.

I change the sheets every 2 weeks and as needed.

Both sons have mobiles.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerb

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

for the most part, see the next question

yup! though the blanket we use is a very loosely knitted blanket...like I can easily put my fingers through it. It adds a bit of warmth and gives DS something to self soothe or entertain himself with until he falls asleep.

How often to you change the bedding, sheet?

we just put him in the crib, but we plan to change his sheets when we change ours

Mobile?

yup...but only because my mom put it there...lol. We don't really care one way or another on that.

ETA: We don't have bumpers and don't plan on it, but we'll see how things go.

image image Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Does your LO just sleep in an empty crib/bassinet/pnp/rocker? Crib, although it's not empty - she has a "wedge" & blanket tucked OVER the sheet because my princess prefers something softer to lay on. Although she has been attempting to roll and was getting very frustrated last night that she could move anywhere after getting to the bottom of incline of her wedge (basically try to roll up hill)! Not funny to her, but cute :)

Do you, gasp, put a blanket in with them at all? I also allow a small blanket for now.I was super paranoid with my first child & he never stayed asleep, until he could have a blanket :(

Not often enough - we have so much laundry already! Thankfully, we haven't had any major blowouts in the crib yet though.

Bumpers: yay or nay, what kind. Yes - the one that came with her bedding set. I really hate this "rule" as well because a bumped/rubbed head on a hard wood panel sucks!

Mobile: yay or nay Yay! At first I thought it was more a distraction, but now it calms her until she falls asleep... not necessarily the music, but the lights and movement.

• DS's crib just has the sheet on the mattress! I change the sheet once a week unless he has some sort of insane spit up episode!

No blankets, bumpers, toys, or mobile. We use the Munchkin sound machine that has a projector on it so we use that. I think I will probably get the breathable bumpers at some point because he's spit his pacifier out with such force a few times it flies out of the crib and finding it in the middle of the night is a pain! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
  • ta78ta78
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its

Right now DD is still in the RnP. 

In the RnP I put the blanket down, lay her down and then put the other half over, so she can't pull it all the way to her face. If swaddled, I just pit it over her. When we move to the crib, I will put her in sleep sacks. I know I put a blanket on DS early, maybe when they're better w their hands.

I don't change crib sheets too often. Every 2-3 weeks. No bumpers. And DS broke his mobile he loved that thing so much, we still need to get a new one. 

Quinton  06.25.10
    Wren  01.13.11

photo qw_zpsd8c3bb1b.jpg

.blog.

-----fitted sheet and we have the Sleep Sheep velcroed on a slat.   

----I have a couple times when napping, but tucked it into the bottom and sides of the mattress, so it was pretty snug.  Just this week he has become a crazy mover and ends up with his head in a corner (?) so no blankets from now on!  

----Ashamed to say I haven't changed the sheet very often!  We had a sheet protector (water-resistant fabric thing that tied to the slats) so that took care of spit ups.  But, like above, he's now moving around and almost rolling over, so I took that out.  He doesn't seem to poop at night, so haven't had that pleasure!

-----No bumpers.  

------we have a cheap mobile on the end of the crib, he enjoys the music and how the little animals move, but its really loud and only lasts maybe 2 minutes.  More or less a PITA.  I've got my eye on some cool ceiling mobiles on Etsy.