Trouble TTC

So much blood!

My goodness I feel like a human pin cushion! My DHEAs came back way high so I had to go in for a redraw, that also came back elevated. Now my doctor wants me to have more blood drawn for to test my total testosterone and free testosterone levels. Can anyone explain what the free testosterone is? I can't seem to find good info, that makes sense, online.

Thanks!
 TTC#1 Since April 2011 
BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
BFP #2 10.1.13
EDD June 10, 2014
imageimageimage

Re: So much blood!

• Sorry you have to keep getting stuck :(  When I had a RPL panel drawn...almost peed myself when she said it was 15 vials.  Im not useful regarding testosterone levels, hopefully someone can give you some info.  
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • imageIntuitiveBlue:
    They're testing you for adrenal hyperplasia, which has to be ruled out before a PCOS diagnosis can be made. nbsp;Free testosterone is the circulating level of testosterone in your blood, and it can be elevated as a result of adrenal hyperplasia or PCOS. The two conditions look a lot alike, both have polycystic ovaries, excess hair growth, and anovulation, but the source of the male hormones is different, so the treatment is different. nbsp;Adrenal hyperplasia generally doesn't have insulin resistance.Elevated DHEAs is one of the hallmarks of adrenal hyperplasia also called 17hydroxylase deficiency. My level was also elevated and my RE immediately put me on a microdose of prednisone everyday. That was in November. I ovulated on my own last month, so it's working.I have a page at my blog that has more info about adrenal hyperplasia. According to my RE, it's one of the more treatable fertility issues, so that's at least a little good news.nbsp;

Thank you so much! My doctor said that it's unusal that my levels are high because I do ovulate, have regular cycles and my ovaries are not poly cystic. I'll have to look at your blog when I'm not on my phone.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you have to keep being stuck!! I hope they find something they need in there!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • I am in a similar boat:  my DHEAs came back elevated twice, but my RE says I have PCOS because I have polycystic ovaries, high T and free T, lack of cycles, etc.  however, I'm not insulin resistant.  I am trying to figure out if I can have elevated dheas and pcos?  my RE started me on dexamethasone 1mg daily to try to bring down the dheas.

good luck! sorry about the multiple needle sticks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"