May 2013 Moms
Options

Am I moving backwards?

Hi May Mommas!

I'm due May 20th, 37 weeks and 4 days in right now. I've been having wild and ridiculous contractions, pelvis and groin pain, cramps, the whole shebang. I was put on bed rest March 23rd because LO was so low my OB said "if I sneezed, the baby's head would have popped out" lol... so since then ive been relaxing and baby found herself in a higher position, but as D-day approaches I started walking more to prep myself and baby for her descent. 

I went to the OB today and she said baby is higher than ever and there's no dilation or effacement.... And not to expect anything for at least 10 days. I know that I have plenty of time but I'm really disappointed and feel like I'm doing something wrong. My son was born at 38.5 weeks and by 32 weeks I was at 2cm.... And even though not every pregnancy is the same it's still frustrating that I thought I was moving forward but it's more like backwards....

Anyone have suggestion of how to coax baby back down and or get some dilation action started?? 

Re: Am I moving backwards?

• Options
    Boo0512Boo0512 member

Baby will come when baby is ready. If you were at 40 weeks I could understand being a little frustrated, but since you have 2 weeks+ I would just be happy that baby is staying inside and developing more.

• Options
    imageTrice25:

I know that I have plenty of time but I'm really disappointed and feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but I am confused about how you can think that not being effaced or dilated before 40 weeks means you are doing something "wrong".

You did exactly what the Dr's asked you to do to keep that baby in as long as possible.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBoo0512:
    Baby will come when baby is ready. If younbsp;were at 40 weeks I could understand being a little frustrated, but since you have 2 weeks I would just be happy that baby is staying inside and developing more.

This
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I guess I should look at the glass half full instead of half empty and be grateful LO is going to be well developed. I'm just very nervous that she will be a stubborn Taurus (like me- lol) and try to be a 40+ week baby.... And even more nervous I'll have an over 10lb baby! 

My husband and his brothers were all over 10lbs at birth and my son was a couple ounces short of 9lbs when he was born at 38 weeks. OB said he would have def. been a 10lb baby had he went to 40 weeks!! 

• Options
    So much brain and lung development is happening in those last few weeks -- as far as I'm concerned you're doing it right. Your baby and your body will know will get it all going again when it's time.
    imageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have been 4 cm for a few weeks now and if I don't have my baby by next Thursday at 40 weeks they will induce. Obviously 4 cm means no more for me than 0 dilation means for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagecaymarks:
    I have been 4 cm for a few weeks now and if I don't have my baby by next Thursday at 40 weeks they will induce. Obviously 4 cm means no more for me than 0 dilation means for you.

Same for me. Been at least 4cm, 100% effaced since 35 wks. Was 5cm at my appointment this week and am being induced on Saturday morning. Glad your baby is getting to cook longer. You haven't done anything wrong but listen to your doctors.Smile Best of luck!!

26 Months TTC #1: BFP on IUI #3 August 2012

DS born on May 4, 2013 (39w5d)
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

17 Months TTC #2: BFP on IUI #5 September 2015
      Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice and the vote of confidence from everyone...I guess I just needed a little reassurance that everything was ok. And good luck to all you May Mommas!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"