October 2012 Moms

Ergo Wearers help

I have a question. I feel like i'm not doing something right because i'm having issues with fit.

So when i put on my ergo performance it seems like Audrey is right at my boobs. my big boobs. She's motorboating them basically. If she's lower it's not comfortable for either of us, a little higher and she's squished kind of. Am i doing something wrong?

She's 17 lbs and 27" long right now and i feel like she might be too small but this can't be right! her head barely peaks out of the top. I feel like she needs a booster sitting in the carrier to get her head up a little more.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
Born: October 9th, 2012
Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

Re: Ergo Wearers help

• CnAnACnAnA
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    Alice slouches down in it sometimes too. You can stick a rolled up towel under her butt to make her sit higher. I'm no help on the boobs though. Sorry!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • DS is probably a bit longer than your DD, but your fit doesn't sound right at all.  Perhaps you're wearing her too low, or you have too long of a torso?  I'm petite 5'2" and I put the waist strap on at the top of my hip bones.  Unless the performance is different?  I have the Sport, and the fabric goes up to DS's shoulder blades only.  His head is definitely way above the fabric.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • mbm1983mbm1983
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary

image mrs.ike:
    Alice slouches down in it sometimes too. You can stick a rolled up towel under her butt to make her sit higher. I'm no help on the boobs though. Sorry!

that's a good idea. thanks!

we're going hiking this weekend while on vacation so i'd really like to get the fit ironed out. haha

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• mbm1983mbm1983

image pb_bride:
    DS is probably a bit longer than your DD, but your fit doesn't sound right at all.  Perhaps you're wearing her too low, or you have too long of a torso?  I'm petite 5'2" and I put the waist strap on at the top of my hip bones.  Unless the performance is different?  I have the Sport, and the fabric goes up to DS's shoulder blades only.  His head is definitely way above the fabric.

I actually have a short torso (even though i'm tall...long legs). The waist strap is resting on the top of my hips as well. if i go a little higher (which gets me to around my waist) her head is in my face. It think the pouch is curved a bit so if feels like she can't tilt her head back at all the way she is sitting.

i should take a picture later.

And i can't get the hip carry to fit whatsoever. The strap keeps moving to my neck. 

I'm sure what this all boils down to is practice but i was getting frustrated last night.

i'm gonna try the towel thing Mrs. Ike suggested and see if that helps. 

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• image mrs.ike:

I just recently stopped doing this. It works really well to raise them up. I used a blanket.
    imageimage
    It's the internet. Like you don't own shit. Even Al Gore doesn't say shit like that and he invented the internet. ~~Mbenit4
  • I feel like I'm going to break his pelvis.  His legs don't naturally go that far apart or something.
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. ME: 30 PCOS - DH: 31 Perfect. 
    TTC#2 - November 2013
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Metmissed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

• mbm1983mbm1983

image LexiSophie55:
    I feel like I'm going to break his pelvis.  His legs don't naturally go that far apart or something.

this is my man's biggest concern.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• ellcoreellcore
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I put her in it, get comfortable and lift her butt up while tightening it. It puts her higher. I'm super short, so it should work for you. 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • I believe someone told me if you are wearing a wrap/carrier properly you can kiss the top of their head.

Our baby also gets kind of between the boobies when he is in it but he can peek out ever so cutely and it is comfortable for both of us - he is pretty quick to let me know when he doesn't like something.  I really don't care for him dropping his paci in my cleavage like a holder though .. even when he tips his chin down to slurp it back into his mouth :O