May 2013 Moms

Anyone doing anything special for themselves for their due date?

I kind of want to do something just for me for my due date. H is working and I'm on mat leave and have been cooped up in the house since Sunday with a nasty cold so I want to get out and do something. I was thinking maybe a massage since my insurance covers it anyways, but anyone else doing anything fun? I've already got a pedicure done. Maybe I'm the only one doing something special but since I'm quite convinced this baby isn't coming anytime soon so why not spoil myself haha.

Ideas? 

Big Sister
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Boy
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone doing anything special for themselves for their due date?

• mytincmytinc
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    I had a prenatal massage a few weeks ago and it was heavenly.  I highly suggest it!

.2013-11-28 10.27.26

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    First Son - born May 2013
    Second Son - born Sept 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.  First heart surgery at 5 days old.
  • I'd get the massage and go have a nice lunch. Then you and H should go out too, maybe to a movie and nice dinner.  It maybe a little while before you get to do that again!  Enjoy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to go back and get my nails done a few days before the baby comes. I went last week and did it and it was so relaxing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm getting my eyebrows and nails done this weekend! RCS is Monday!
  • Maybe a mani and pedi and then a nice dinner with DH.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                      * July '15 December siggy challenge.*
                             buddy elf gif photo: You sit on a throne of lies lies.gif
  • kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I'll be getting an induction on my due date if he's not here yet. Definitely not my idea of fun! :-P

If I get to that point, I'm definitely planning on something fun the day before. I'll probably have an acupuncture session in a last ditch attempt to start without drugs, and then maybe a spa pedicure, and lunch at our fave restaurant with my husband and mom. 
  • I'm popping bottles.

....just kiddingHuh? lol

No but seriously, I am treating myself to a glass of red wine. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • All of these ideas sound so relaxing :). I think I'll probably do the massage and dinner with H!
    Big Sister
    Baby Boy
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • rsage53rsage53
    Ninth Anniversary
    image 2010Bride2be:

Definitely going for a mani/pedi next week.

I'm having a girls night dinner tonight with some friends. And DH and I are going to go to FogoDeChao for dinner one night next week for some 'us' time.

MMM, Fogo!!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ana0927Ana0927
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    a mani and pedi and a glass of riesling.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image

• I would do the massage and a milkshake. Mmm. Milkshake.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I won't make it to my actual due date as my induction is scheduled for this Sunday, but I am planning on celebrating being off bed rest Sunday before we head to the hospital. We plan to go to our favorite place for breakfast where I will eat a lot and then go for mani/pedis. 
    BFP#1 8/31/2012 EDD 5/11/2013 O born 5/2013!
    BFP#2 9/28/2014 EDD 6/4/2015 Blighted Ovum 10/29/14 MC 11/12/14  
  • I am getting my toes done after my 37 week appointment, so I would probably get them done again at 40 weeks.  Then take DD to get ice cream because according to her big sister books, big sisters can eat "pizza and apples and ice cream" and new babies can't.  And definitely hit the 10am yoga class without worrying about work.

• Definitely get a massage, if you can!
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • image KateRN08:
    All of these ideas sound so relaxing :). I think I'll probably do the massage and dinner with H!

I had this planned last time.  ;) However we had to cancel our reservation when my water broke the night before.  Hope it works out for you.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I have a CS on this coming Monday, I'm leaving work at noon on Friday, a maid is coming to clean the house, I plan to finish last min stuff in the nursery, Saturday grocery shopping, mani/pedi and watch some movies and recorded shows with DH at home, Sunday brunch with friends and massage (making appointment for DH and I, he needs to relax, too).
  • I'm going to get my hair cut, pedicure, and no-chip manicure on my first day off of work. Figure it'll be a while before I can get that all done again!
  • I figured I won't be able to go to a movie or theater performance for awhile, and when I do in the future they will probably be of the kid variety. So I'm trying to get my fill of that!
  • I've been having prenatal massages and I love them. I happily snore away during them because she's so good!
    imageimage
  • lol before I went a week before my SRCS I had wanted to do mani/pedi and a nice lunch with my BFF and mom but now we are doing that after mothers day.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kasabbykasabby
    Seventh Anniversary
    I got a prenatal massage last Friday and it was awesome! I highly recommend it. I am getting a hair cut Saturday and I am hoping to go for a mani/pedi sometime next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I must be weird, I'm going to Disneyland! Can't ride any of the rides, but I'm looking forward to shopping and shows.
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image rsage53:
    image 2010Bride2be:

Definitely going for a mani/pedi next week.

I'm having a girls night dinner tonight with some friends. And DH and I are going to go to FogoDeChao for dinner one night next week for some 'us' time.

MMM, Fogo!!!!!

If I went to Fogo while pregnant, I'd feel like I wasn't getting my money's worth.  There isn't enough room inside me to eat all of that delicious meat.  :)

BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• definitely mani/pedi and nice dinner with DH if I make it to the date.  Maybe even take the day off of work!  I love giving myself a holiday every now and then.
  • My due date is still weeks away, however, I know that you've had a rough road. Getting to full term was an accomplishment and now getting to your due date is "the icing on the cake".

I think you should do something awesome!! 

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I've started getting pedicures and prenatal massages. Also, this can be an early FFFC but if LO stays breech and we have a planned c/s I'm getting a blowout the morning of. I figure I won't be able to do my hair for a few days and blowouts seem to last forever. Those are my 'for me' indulgences.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 9/18/2012 - EDD 5/31/2013 - It's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards