April 2013 Moms
Options

Am I being paranoid (TMI)

I plan to call the doctor I'm just curious if this is normal or not.

I had a csection a week ago and haven't had a real bm until yesterday. The stool was very hard and I had a lot of cramping/pushing to get it out. After which I noticed my bleeding doesn't look like normal period blood. It's much thinner and is bright red. Is your bleeding different than period blood? Am I being paranoid or did I maybe pull an internal stitch?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I being paranoid (TMI)

• Options
    Is it actually coming out of your vagina? TMI I know but I also had a csection and after my first bm my butt was bleeding. I asked my dr about it and he said it was normal
  • Options
    I had a vaginalburth but also had some butt bleeding after a super hard poop... The joys of child birth :)

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    imageJBDamonM:
    I had a vaginalburth but also had some butt bleeding after a super hard poop... The joys of child birth :

Could be hemorrhoids. I had more bleeding from those with my first than actual vaginal bleeding it seemed. Are you using stool softeners? If you are on any Rx pain meds, might be a good idea as those can cause constipation.
  • Options
    evertzevertz member
    Sorry, no butt bleeding. I feel like the blood from my vaginal looks different.. but at the same time I feel like maybe I just wasn't paying close attention before. I'm definitely bleeding more but not excessively. I'm worried I pulled one of the stitches in my uterus. I'm going to go ahead and call the doctor now just for peace of mind.
  • Options

imageevertz:
    Sorry, no butt bleeding. I feel like the blood from my vaginal looks different.. but at the same time I feel like maybe I just wasn't paying close attention before. I'm definitely bleeding more but not excessively. I'm worried I pulled one of the stitches in my uterus. I'm going to go ahead and call the doctor now just for peace of mind.

When in doubt, call the doctor... and I second what a PP said, take stool softener (like Colace). I was taking it twice a day in the beginning and my poos were still really hard (sorry TMI), so I can't imagine what they might have been like without it.... 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I am about 3 weeks since mine and I have had 4 really hard poops.. with taking fiber.. I have added a stool softener cuz I don't think my butt can take anymore lol.. . and yes my butt bleeds..

• Options
    evertzevertz member

So I called the doctor and she said it would be REALLY hard to pop an internal stitch.. so i'm happy to have the peace of mind.

Yeah, I've been taking colace 3x/day since my csection and still have really hard poos. It hurts so badly... She suggested I switch to milk of magnesia. But bleeding is not fun. I'm so ready to be healed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"