Parenting

Great, now on bedrest

Yay. //sarcasm font here//

Went in for a routine appmt this morning and due to continued high BP, I am being sent back to the hospital AGAIN (this will be my 2nd time to L&D) for more PEP panel & monitoring.

my OB has ordered me out of work on medical disability, effectve immediately. I wasn't expecting this - I was planning to finish out this month and there is no replacement for me over my maternity leave (16 weeks)....my coworkers were going to kind of piece it together so they're going to be scrambling now 4 weeks early.

It's modified best rest. Which is going to be interesting but at least DD is in daycare M-F all day and my H isn't traveling for work any more. Thank God for that.

OK, off to the hospital now. Crying  Things could be way worse, I know. I just was NOT expecting this and anyone who knows me IRL knows that I don't stop moving. I am always doing something. Toddler, house, dog...we don't have much help, either - my parents are close by but not exactly the really helpful type. Ugh, we'll make it work. It's only 6 weeks.

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

Re: Great, now on bedrest

• I'm so sorry! :(
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Ms5586Ms5586 member

I'm sorry :(  I'm sure it's really hard to be told that you must sit and lay down and not do your normal activities. 

Spin it to a positive - what's something you've wanted to do, but can't because of other things being more important?  Learn to knit/crochet or sew (youtube tutorials)?  Read a book?  Watch a tv series that you never got to start?

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh no!! Sorry CTGirl.  We'll have to keep it lively around here to entertain you!

I landed myself on actual hospital bedrest around 37 weeks for high BP.  It came out of nowhere but like you said, things could be way worse.

Good luck at the hospital!

***Parenting Siggy Challenge***
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    "I love when people believe in conspiracy theories. It immediately tells me I'm smarter than you"- Daniel Tosh.
  • If its any consolation, I was put on bedrest at the same time as you. Dilating early and all. DH had to do all the heavy lifting and stuff with DD1. I enjoyed every minute of not having to go to work, walk around with a baby's head half sticking out my cervix, etc.

I had no help from my family with regards to DD1; DH did it all. It will go by faster than you think, so take the time to relax, catch up on your DVR, whatever. Work will get by. You focus on you.

Hope it helps with your blood pressure. GL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Blah, that sucks. I'm sorry. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • EVA116EVA116
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

Oh no, that sucks. Yes, just keep thinking only 6 weeks, only 6 weeks....all worth it for that beautiful baby. Good luck.

And you know we are all here day and night. We can entertain you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh CT that SUCKS!
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• That sucks, good luck to you! I hope the next six weeks fly by. Maybe your LO and my DS will share a birthday!

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Oh no! I'm sorry. I hope the next 6 weeks pass quickly for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm so sorry. Bedrest sucks. I would suggest getting everything ready for an early baby. I know that's easier said than done on bedrest. If you get pre-e you might have a 37 weeker. You may know all this already, so sorry if it's a repeat. I just wish someone had told me that when I went on bedrest! LOL.

H.P. Rubblestone 11.02.12
  • Sorry about that! It does suck royally. I had to be on bedrest for the ladt month of my pregnancy because of preterm labor. I basically left work in the middle of the day and never came back. I had no time to wrap up anything and it really bothered me! Try and relax, though, because it really is out of your hands.

image image
  • Hang in there mama
    Please forgive my typos! I'm not as dumb as my iphone would like you to believe :)
    The Maiden Metallurgist
    Curious about babywearing? Check out my friend Meredith's Babyweraring Guide Untitled BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry to hear this. I hope bedrest helps and it is 6 weeks and not fewer.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple" 8/30/12 ~ EDD 5/15/12 ~ Stick, baby, stick! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I hope the next few weeks fly by!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, guys. DH is at hospital with me.

Of course BP has been great while here. Baby looks good, too! So that makes me feel better.

• I'm sorry you are on modified bed rest.

On the plus side, I expect to see you post more than I do around here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Oh no! I'm so sorry! Hang in there and best of luck with juggling everything.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image CTGirl30:
    Thanks, guys. DH is at hospital with me. Of course BP has been great while here. Baby looks good, too! So that makes me feel better.

This is great news!

H.P. Rubblestone 11.02.12
  • Looks like we're in the same boat.  I hope your BP stays under control and you can cook little guy a lot longer!  Try to take it easy!
    Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • That sucks.  Sorry.  Maybe this will give you a little bit more time to relax before the baby comes.  This is my great attempt at trying to look at the positive side of things. 
    <image>
  • Thanks, guys. Appreciate the support.

LD, I hope to PWing it up in here now but I don't think I could beat you at that! Wink

On the plus side, I can say eff you to Mobile Bump and use my laptop for awhile (yay, actual punctuation and emoticons again!)

I'm looking on the bright side...it's a nice time of year to park myself in the back yard on a lounge chair and catch up on my reading while DD is at daycare. I'm going to get my bag packed just in case...and try to rest up as much as I can in the coming weeks.

So ya'll better enterain me good. Surprise  Andyyougoonie, we can be bed rest buddies. Woot!

• Oh, no!  I hope the time goes quickly for you!
     Lilypie - (F3i3)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards