May 2013 Moms

UO

Whatcha got, ladies?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Congrats to my buddies Shazzie and Madeline10L on their little ladies!

Re: UO

• Crap about Plan B being made available to girls ages 15 and up has been popping up all over my news feed on FB with all kinds of misinformation, and it's pissing me off.  The more I read about about it and think about it, the more OK I am with 15 year olds having access to this pill.  It is NOT an abortion pill, and I would much rather see a young girl take this to try to prevent an unwanted pregnancy than have to make the choice of getting an abortion, keeping a baby that could mess up her plans for her future, or having to make the choice to put her kid up for adoption.
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    I don't "get" Twitter. Nor do I care to.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 November Signature Challenge: Gross Thanksgiving Dishes-Nasty Beets
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image CNJ4EVA:
    I don't "get" Twitter. Nor do I care to.

I don't get it either... 

• image botanicalbliss:
    Crap about Plan B being made available to girls ages 15 and up has been popping up all over my news feed on FB with all kinds of misinformation, and it's pissing me off. nbsp;The more I read about about it and think about it, the more OK I am with 15 year olds having access to this pill. nbsp;It is NOT an abortion pill, and I would much rather see a young girl take this to try to prevent an unwanted pregnancy than have to make the choice of getting an abortion, keeping a baby that could mess up her plans for her future, or having to make the choice to put her kid up for adoption.

Mobile thumbs up

Ladybug 5/23/13

• Mine is kind of lame. I am actually enjoying being pregnant [even with all the aches and pains] and although I'm excited to meet my little girl, I'm kind of hoping to not go into labor before my due date. It's mostly because I'm selfish and want some alone time with my husband since tomorrow is his last day at work until the fall semester.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Edit: This was supposed to be quoting Botanical! 

Being pregnant has made me even more pro-choice when it comes to reproductive healthcare. I mean I've always been a hippie communist liberal, but now I think I can understand how absolutely horrible it would be to be pregnant and not want to be pregnant. People who are against abortion AND against the morning after pill are ignorant. 

• Thursday is my favorite day of the week! UO in the morning and Vampire Diaries at night. Life doesn't get better than this... Well, at this point anyway, I'm sure it will change when baby comes and I will have plenty of things to make my life better. I am uber EXCITED to meet my baby! I have passed the point of nervousness and anxiousness and I just want to meet her.

All of that being said, I will be annoyed if she comes today and it messes with my favorite day of the week. Yes, I can catch up with everything tomorrow but it's the principle of my favorite day being spent in labor instead of enjoying my show and this thread. 

• image laurenann82:

Edit: This was supposed to be quoting Botanical! 

Being pregnant has made me even more pro-choice when it comes to reproductive healthcare. I mean I've always been a hippie communist liberal, but now I think I can understand how absolutely horrible it would be to be pregnant and not want to be pregnant. People who are against abortion AND against the morning after pill are ignorant. 

This is me, too. No one is pro-abortion, but to force women to become parents when they aren't ready/able is just crazy.

Mine- It's starting to bug me that the media is focusing on the immigration status of the Boston suspects, especially those arrested yesterday. I was watching the news this morning and there was a whole commentary about the "American citizen's" crimes vs the others' crimes. I feel like they're using this tragedy to pad their immigration agenda. I wish they would just focus on the actual situation.

ETA: Because I can't string two sentences together this morning 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image GradMommyToBe:
    Mine is kind of lame. I am actually enjoying being pregnant [even with all the aches and pains] and although I'm excited to meet my little girl, I'm kind of hoping to not go into labor before my due date. It's mostly because I'm selfish and want some alone time with my husband since tomorrow is his last day at work until the fall semester.

I hear you about wanting to keep cooking until the due date. My husband has to work the next couple of weekends so I'd love for it to be just the two of us the one weekend he has off before my due date. I also still have lots of stuff to do and I'm waiting until I start half days at work to do it all.  

• I love reading about the May LOs being born, even the long versions of the birth stories.

My UO: I don't like to comment on the them.  It's not that I'm not congratulating you and wishing you well in my mind, I just don't have the time.  I can read more if I comment less.

BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• image laurenann82:

I completely agree.  What are these girls supposed to do?  If schools and parents aren't going to teach sex ed appropriately there needs to be another way.  This is a pretty harmless measure to prevent teen pregnancy.  

• image MomlovesEloise:
    image laurenann82:

This is me, too. No one is pro-abortion, but to force women to become parents when they aren't ready/able is just crazy.

Mine- It's starting to bug me that the media is focusing on the immigration status of the Boston suspects, especially those arrested yesterday. I was watching the news this morning and there was a whole commentary about the "American citizen's" crimes vs the others' crimes. I feel like they're using this tragedy to pad their immigration agenda. I wish they would just focus on the actual situation.

ETA: Because I can't string two sentences together this morning 

Yes   

• image BeesMomma00:

I love reading about the May LOs being born, even the long versions of the birth stories.

My UO: I don't like to comment on the them.  It's not that I'm not congratulating you and wishing you well in my mind,  I can read more if I comment less.

this is me as well but with most posts. I am a dirty lurker. Plus with at least a 6 hour time difference I feel by the time I post something everything has already been said if I don't see it during my mid afternoon/ North American morning.

BFP #1 6.9.12 EDD 2.16.13 Ended in emergency surgery due to an ectopic 6.23.13
    BFP #2 9.6.13  Rainbow born 5.22.13
    BFP# 3 8.28.14 EDD 5.1.15  2nd u/s revealed Twins   m/c 9.21.14 

• image 1and1is3:
    Thursday is my favorite day of the week! UO in the morning and Vampire Diaries at night. Life doesn't get better than this... Well, at this point anyway, I'm sure it will change when baby comes and I will have plenty of things to make my life better.nbsp;I am uber EXCITED to meet my baby! I have passed the point of nervousness and anxiousness and I just want to meet her. All of that being said, I will be annoyed if she comes today and it messes with my favorite day of the week. Yes, I can catch up with everything tomorrow but it's the principle of my favorite day being spent in labor instead of enjoying my show and this thread.nbsp;

Your UO made me laugh out loud. And I heart VD plus Greys and Scandal come on Thirsdays too so its the best tv night for sure!

My UO is kind of lame but I get annoyed at moms to be who eyeroll over all the frivolous pregnancy stuff like classes or maternity photos or buying certain unnecessary items. Yes these things are extras but if youre excited and have the resources to do it I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
    It could be I'm saying that because we have bought sooooo much stuff and gone to a zillion classes and done photos and read all the baby books and I am needing to justify being this excited!

image imageimage

• image laurenann82:

image GradMommyToBe:
    Mine is kind of lame. I am actually enjoying being pregnant [even with all the aches and pains] and although I'm excited to meet my little girl, I'm kind of hoping to not go into labor before my due date. It's mostly because I'm selfish and want some alone time with my husband since tomorrow is his last day at work until the fall semester.

I hear you about wanting to keep cooking until the due date. My husband has to work the next couple of weekends so I'd love for it to be just the two of us the one weekend he has off before my due date. I also still have lots of stuff to do and I'm waiting until I start half days at work to do it all.  

I totally hope I go OVER my due date.  If I do, Memorial Day will be one of the days included in the first unpaid week of my short term disability, so I would only have to take 4 vacation days to get paid instead of 5.  I am a selfish bish of a mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO: I think Glee sucks. So does The Voice & American Idol.

• I like the birth announcement posts, but sometimes I see one and I just want to comment "and who the hell are you?"

Seriously, where are these new posters coming from?

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • re: Plan B pills- also, how people are saying that some may use it to replace birth control pills...umm, are these people rich!? Plan B ain't cheap.

UO: I think ombre hair just looks like a neglected dye job, and kind of trashy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image bowman958:

I totally hope I go OVER my due date.  If I do, Memorial Day will be one of the days included in the first unpaid week of my short term disability, so I would only have to take 4 vacation days to get paid instead of 5.  I am a selfish bish of a mom.

Too funny.  My EDD is somewhere between 5/25 and 5/27.  I'm hoping to hold out until 5/28 so I can still have off that Monday but not have it count against my FMLA or time off.  :)  Every day counts!

• I don't like feet, not adult feet, kid feet, and the only baby feet I can tolerate are my own kids.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • image corkietn:

re: Plan B pills- also, how people are saying that some may use it to replace birth control pills...umm, are these people rich!? Plan B ain't cheap.

My currently ombre hair is absolutely a neglected dye job

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image jerseygirl81:

I like the birth announcement posts, but sometimes I see one and I just want to comment "and who the hell are you?"

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:

• image 1and1is3:

Thursday is my favorite day of the week! UO in the morning and Vampire Diaries at night. Life doesn't get better than this...

So we couldn't think of any girl names for my first so we started going through names of characters in TV shows we liked.  My daughter's name is Elena...lol

• I don't like to use the term cooking when referring to LO staying in utero. Makes me feel like I'm whipping up a batch of cookies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little love bug arrived 5/21/13
    Happiness is a warm (sheltie) puppy <3
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • image Raquellyo:
    image 1and1is3:

Thursday is my favorite day of the week! UO in the morning and Vampire Diaries at night. Life doesn't get better than this...

So we couldn't think of any girl names for my first so we started going through names of characters in TV shows we liked.  My daughter's name is Elena...lol

I love Elena, it's the MN we chose. We are spelling it Alaina though 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:

• image bowman958:
    image corkietn:

re: Plan B pills- also, how people are saying that some may use it to replace birth control pills...umm, are these people rich!? Plan B ain't cheap.

My currently ombre hair is absolutely a neglected dye job

No judgment here. Anything about my appearance at all is pretty neglected these days. My lucky husband Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image cgiles120812:
    image jerseygirl81:

I like the birth announcement posts, but sometimes I see one and I just want to comment "and who the hell are you?"

Yes&nbsp;

I agree. I don't even open the post if i don't recognize the name.
    Avery Elaine 5/21/13

• image Raquellyo:
    image 1and1is3:

My DD is totally named after Brooke from One Tree Hill.  Haley WAS on  our list for this LO but I've since stopped liking it.  My first thought though was that I would get my secret wish to have my children named after the characters on that show.  I thought they all had great names.

Haley
    Brooke
    Peyton
    Nathan
    Lucas

:)

• image mishy2006:
    I don't like to use the term cooking when referring to LO staying in utero. Makes me feel like I'm whipping up a batch of cookies.

It would probably be easier to birth a batch of cookies. But now all I can think about are the people who eat their placentas.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Mine is that I dislike cats, I think they are demons straight from the underworld.  Kittens I am ok with.  But cats and all their discontent and contempt can shove it.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards