July 2012 Moms

Food & Daycare

K goes to my MIL and a friend while we are at work. I've been sending jars/pouches of pur?es until this point. Now she is very anti being fed and wants to feed herself regular food. Do I just send a bunch of bananas and veggies to steam once a week? Lol. Or pack something daily? She is toothless so I try to make everything very soft and mushy so the food takes some prep. How do others do it?
Page Graphics, Tumblr Graphics
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Food & Daycare

• Could you prep the veggies and fruits ahead of time and freeze them? That's kind of what I'm thinking about for our next step. Sadie is really done with the purees but I have a few cubes I want to use up first.
    This miracle God gave to me,
    Gives me strength when I am weak.
    I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes.
  • When I've sent Anderson to my moms house I always packed little bags of frozen veggies for her to steam and then his fruit.

Sometimes I also buy the fruit that is already diced in its own juice cups just because it is easy for every now and again.

Our Little Man 

• I send the food all prepared. The daycare heats it up in the microwave. I often send leftovers from dinner, cut up fruit, etc.
                           Birthday invitation photos out-take. She obviously wanted a bigger sombrero. 
  • Is she good w feeding herself?

If so then I would just cut the stuff up and send it. Banana obviously will need to be cut right before or it will brown. I would also send w puffs, Cheerios, cheese cubes if not dairy sensitive noodles, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • SmonetSmonet
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    Miles has been feeding himself the past month or so. I'm not too happy about the menu option at DC, its a center so the lunches are similar to public school hot lunches. I cut up whatever we are having for dinner chicken, lamb, beef, asparagus, broccoli along with something breakfasty like cut up canadian bacon and scrambled eggs and send the to DC in individual containers. I believe he just eats everything cold. They also give him oatmeal, puffs and whatever the fruit and veggie of the day is cut up small and mushy.

• wmel13wmel13
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary
    I usually send 2 little tupperwares of lil Crunchies and puffs, an I also include one of yogurt and then usually another with cut up fruit or veggies or cheese. I just recently started sending the fruit/veggie pouches because he can feed himself with that. Once he hits 1 year old, the DC will start feeding him more of the food the older kids get because she knows up until 1 year it's more important he gets certain foods and he can't have all foods yet.
    Matthew Calvin. 6.1.12
  • image lizwindersonRN:
    When I've sent Anderson to my moms house I always packed little bags of frozen veggies for her to steam and then his fruit.

Sometimes I also buy the fruit that is already diced in its own juice cups just because it is easy for every now and again.
    Lo isn't in daycare but I second the pre diced fruits and veggies! We use these especially when I am in a rush. There fantastic!