May 2013 Moms

attn teachers

If you haven't already had your LO (lucky b!tches), when are you calling it quits?

I'm due 5/22 and school is over 6/15.  My original plan was to stick it out until she decides it's time to come out.  A couple weeks ago I changed my plan to if she's not out by the due date, that will be my last week.  Now I'm rethinking again.

I am just so physically uncomfortable, plus getting a good night's sleep is a distant memory.  She keeps hitting some nerve (not my sciatica, but more in my groin) that literally brings me to my knees sometimes.  So I'm debating leaving earlier than planned...

Anyone else calling it quits earlier than they thought?

Re: attn teachers

• I taught high school so my circumstances may be different than the elementary teachers but my original plan was to work up to the end of 38 weeks. This is even on the paper work I handed in back in January. However, I was put on bed rest back in February so I have been off work since then. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I work in a school, and my due date is the 28. I plan to work up through Memorial Day weekend, so essentially up until my due date.
  • vic1011vic1011
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Comments
    My due date is the 13th.  I'm working until the 10th.  My sub is coming the 9th and 10th to shadow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My due date is the 28th. My last day is the 17th. 

Last time I left school, went to L&D and had DD. I'd like a little time this go around. 

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• jayro10jayro10
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I'm due May 30 and my last day will be May 24. Our last day of school is June 11. Lots of people have said to just work till I go into labor, but I figured with being due so close to the end of the school year, it's not like taking a week off before due date is taking away from my time at home with LO. And I'd much rather spend the last week or so uncomfortable at home than uncomfortable at work!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am an assistant teacher and was planning to work until my due date but it is getting very difficult for me. I started getting ocular migraines, which causes me to lose a majority of my vision for 20 to 30 minutes, and get them almost daily or twice daily now. They are supposedly nothing to be concerned about and are caused by the high level of estrogen. But they suck, so I am really hoping that I can get a medical leave until the baby comes. It's really difficult to maintain my daily tasks when I have to stop whatever I'm doing because I lose my vision! It happened the other day while I was driving home from work on the highway and I had to pull over and wait for someone to pick me up. So driving is out of the question too. Oh third tri, how I love thee.
  • I was originally going to work until the 10th (my EDD) unless he arrived before then.  A few weeks ago, I decided to be done this Friday the 3rd.  I have tons of sick time to use for the rest of the year and still go back next year with more than 40 days banked, so it was kind of a no brainer for me.  I'm exhausted, swollen, and so ready to be done.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yep, thought I would go til the end, but my last day is May 16 and my due date is also the 22nd. I am too very uncomfortable and have not slept well in a month.
  • image Trish625:
    I am an assistant teacher and was planning to work until my due date but it is getting very difficult for me. I started getting ocular migraines, which causes me to lose a majority of my vision for 20 to 30 minutes, and get them almost daily or twice daily now. They are supposedly nothing to be concerned about and are caused by the high level of estrogen. But they suck, so I am really hoping that I can get a medical leave until the baby comes. It's really difficult to maintain my daily tasks when I have to stop whatever I'm doing because I lose my vision! It happened the other day while I was driving home from work on the highway and I had to pull over and wait for someone to pick me up. So driving is out of the question too. Oh third tri, how I love thee.

Sorry to go off topic but I had a resurgence of ocular migrains as well recently. It's difficult to explain to people that I have to sit for a little bc my vision is like a kaleidoscope without them freaking out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little love bug arrived 5/21/13
    Happiness is a warm (sheltie) puppy <3
  • ktr722ktr722
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I was due may 4th and had all intentions of working up until 4/30. At my 37 weeks appt doctor said my bp was high. When I went for 38 wk appt I was 2 cm dialated and he said he would probably see me by the wknd. He said he said he didn't want me going back to work which I kind of figured would happen. Good thing bc I woke up Wednesday with contractions and was in the hospital that night. Baby came a few hours later. You need to listen to your body. It isn't an easy job to have when you are expecting. Good luck!
  • I'm due May 20th. I'm starting half days on May 6th and doing that until May 17th.
  • My due date was April 25th.  I am still working, except for today because I have a couple appointments.  I plan on leaving when this little girl finally decides to be born!

• My due date is the 18th, but I'm done this Friday. I teach 1st grade Special Ed, and I'm  both too exhausted and too swollen to keep going. My original plan was to go until the 15th, but I'm just done. Talk to your doc, mine wrote me a note.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm a speech therapist in a school, and yesterday was my last day.

I'm a contractor and only work mon through wed..and I get paid monthly, so I just figured I would finish out April and take it easy til baby arrives.
    image]
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato
  • image mishy2006:
    image Trish625:
    I am an assistant teacher and was planning to work until my due date but it is getting very difficult for me. I started getting ocular migraines, which causes me to lose a majority of my vision for 20 to 30 minutes, and get them almost daily or twice daily now. They are supposedly nothing to be concerned about and are caused by the high level of estrogen. But they suck, so I am really hoping that I can get a medical leave until the baby comes. It's really difficult to maintain my daily tasks when I have to stop whatever I'm doing because I lose my vision! It happened the other day while I was driving home from work on the highway and I had to pull over and wait for someone to pick me up. So driving is out of the question too. Oh third tri, how I love thee.
    Sorry to go off topic but I had a resurgence of ocular migrains as well recently. It's difficult to explain to people that I have to sit for a little bc my vision is like a kaleidoscope without them freaking out!

So relieved! I had my 38 week appointment today and the doctor said I should be done working now. So I have my doctors orders ready to fax in. So glad I don't have to deal with these ocular migraines at work anymore!  

• I will be working up until baby gets here or my doctor tells me I can't work. My OB doesn't let her patients go past 41 weeks, so I guess the 15th would be my absolute last day if she schedules an induction for the 16th.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image jayro10:
    I'm due May 30 and my last day will be May 24. Our last day of school is June 11. Lots of people have said to just work till I go into labor, but I figured with being due so close to the end of the school year, it's not like taking a week off before due date is taking away from my time at home with LO. And I'd much rather spend the last week or so uncomfortable at home than uncomfortable at work!

I agree with this! My due date is May 29th, school ends June 3rd, and I'm leaving May 17th. I'll be 38.5 weeks or so. A little time for myself and its just getting too darn hot! 

• sct728sct728
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

Until Tuesday, I completely expected to go until LO arrived (EDD May 23). Tuesday, I ended up unexpectedly in L&D on fluids to get the contractions to chill since I wasn't quite full term.

Thankfully, they did let up but the doc wasn't thrilled that I don't have a desk job (I teach 3-year olds who are deaf) and warned me to take it very easy if I don't want to go early. I don't know if I'll make it to May 23 going full days. Yikes!