Parenting after a Loss

NuvaRing?

Anyone have any experience with NuvaRing? I've been on a low dose pill for many years b/c of migraines, but I'm already doing terribly remembering to take this one at the same time everyday since my "schedule" changes at the girls' beckon call Smile Obviously I'd talk to my OB about hormone levels, but I was curious if anyone had used it and had opinions on insertion/removal/comfort, etc.

Re: NuvaRing?

• I used it for 3 years between DS and DD. I had no issues whatsoever with it. Insertion and removal were easy, and I never felt it nor did DH.  I loved the convenience of 3 weeks in and 1 week out. It also made my periods a lot lighter and shorter.  I didn't notice any hormonal changes while on it.  If it weren't for the fact that DH is getting a vasectomy, I'd go back on it without hesitation.

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AL Always Welcome

• pkarenpkaren
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Love Its Name Dropper

::::I'm a dirty lurky loo:::

Hi JB! (And PAL ladies) I was on Nuvaring years ago for about three months. I liked not having to take a pill. But I personally didn't like any other thing about it. It caused me to have alot of extra discharge, I think my vajayjay new there was a foriegn object up there and was trying to flush it out. DH also said he could feel it sometimes and didn't like it either. I have a friend who uses it and loves it though. If you ask your Dr, sometimes they have free samples to give you to try it out.

::::lurker out::::

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I got pregnant with Samantha on the NuvaRing :O

When I told the nurse at my first OB exam she said, "you're like the 6th person in the last 2 months to say that." 

Other than the fact that it failed, I suppose everything else was ok.  Although, I didn't always like the way it fit.  Sometimes I felt like it was going to slide down or something.  I chose the Mirena after Samantha was born and was so incredibly happy with it.   

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had migraines on it, actually.  I had to go off of it :(

• image hopefulmom81:

I had migraines on it, actually.  I had to go off of it :(

This.  I also had bleeding the entire time I tried it. :( 3 months straight.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • ct103ct103
    1000 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary
    I tried it when I was 19 and only lasted 2 cycles. I didn't like having something plastic in my vagina at all times and I swear I felt it constantly. Plus, I did not feel in control of my emotions, I remember crying and laughing simultaneously during an episode of Will and Grace! Granted, hormonal birth control never agreed with me, so we used barrier methods. I know I'm at one end of the extreme when it comes to this stuff, and my guess is since you have been successful with a pill in the past, this should work well for you!

On another note, my friend has a six month old DS and she sets her alarm on her phone everyday at noon to take her pill. When that alarm goes off she drops everything and takes that pill! I know that still might be hard for you because you're not just a mom, you're a twin mom! It's just a thought...
    "Bunny" EDD 6/21/12; Natural m/c 11/4/11 7wks1day

Thank you for changing our lives forever.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since August 2010

CD3 bloodwork= normal, CD21 bloodwork= low P4 (7.2), SA= normal

Diagnosis= LPD

Clomid 50mg + HcG Trigger+ Prometrium = BFP!!!!!!!!

Beta #1= 53 @ 12dpo, Beta #2= 188, P4= 53

8/28/12 u/s showing one perfect little babe measuring 6wks5days, hb 121bpm!!!!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!! Grow Little T, grow!

Pregnancy Ticker

My BFP Chart

"When you are intune with the unknown, the known is peaceful."

All AL welcome, of course!

• Boo. Sounds like it might not be a great fit. Don't need any help in the migraine dept and I CERTAINLY don't need an oops right now! Lol. Thanks for all the input.

Oh and hi Pk!
  • Just an FYI...I don't know if you're BFing or not, but I don't think you can use Nuvaring if you are. 

image                              image                                  

September PAL Siggy Challenge;

Favorite funny men 

• Thanks for posting this as I've been thinking about it after nursing. Doesn't sound like it would be for me though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Yea, I'm another one that says it's not worth it.. I was on it for a few years while in college.. it was convenient, but I had tons of lady issues.. discharge, YIs, UTIs, etc.. it was crazy.  And then, towards the end i started having random bleeding all the time and heavy cramping, too.. I went off of it, and all the issues immediately resolved. 

As for headaches or homone issues -- I didn't notice any of that.  But, the other issues were enough for me to give it up :(

Good luck with your decision!! I think any/all forms of BC have their pros and cons, unfortunately.. I'm thinking of an IUD of some form after LO#2 comes.. but, even that scares me!!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards