May 2013 Moms

Labor Cookies

Since the OP has mysteriously disappeared, ahem DD!, I thought I'd post again so we can thoroughly discuss magical labor cookies and their appropriate uses and recipe variations. Sorry it's not clicky, on mobile.

http://shoppingfortwo.com/Articles/Pregnancy/breakyourwatercookies.htm

BabyFruit Ticker
BFP 9/18/2012 - EDD 5/31/2013 - It's a BOY!

Re: Labor Cookies

• Can someone find one that is combined with a laxative?  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Beachy730:
    Can someone find one that is combined with a laxative?  

Ooooh!  Good idea!  Super helpful for PP poops. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to my buddies Shazzie and Madeline10L on their little ladies!
  • nola78nola78
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    I'm so sad I missed the DD.  Were the benefits of labor cookies thoroughly discussed?  Was it determined if you eat them or put them straight in your vag because I wasn't sure based on the recipe?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    All ALs always welcome
  • image nola78:
    I'm so sad I missed the DD. nbsp;Were the benefits of labor cookies thoroughly discussed? nbsp;Was it determined if you eat them or put them straight in your vag because I wasn't sure based on the recipe?

I believe it was Blue that brought up a special 'icing' recipe but I still need the details. Can the semen be refrigerated or does it have to be fresh?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image nola78:
    I'm so sad I missed the DD.  Were the benefits of labor cookies thoroughly discussed?  Was it determined if you eat them or put them straight in your vag because I wasn't sure based on the recipe?

You make them two sizes - small and large.  Insert where appropriate. 

• image botanicalbliss:

image Beachy730:

So really, they need to make labor cookies and post labor cookies! Maybe leave out the cayenne pepper in the postlabor cookies though if they're gonna be poop inducing.

Sorry for lack of symbols.....mobile bumping.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image HimandMeplus3:
    image botanicalbliss:

image Beachy730:

So really, they need to make labor cookies and post labor cookies! Maybe leave out the cayenne pepper in the postlabor cookies though if they're gonna be poop inducing. Sorry for lack of symbols.....mobile bumping.

You could totally combine the laxative with your lactation cookies.  Two bird with one stone post partum! 

• image ScottsdaleMama:
    image nola78:
    I'm so sad I missed the DD. nbsp;Were the benefits of labor cookies thoroughly discussed? nbsp;Was it determined if you eat them or put them straight in your vag because I wasn't sure based on the recipe?
    I believe it was Blue that brought up a special 'icing' recipe but I still need the details. Can the semen be refrigerated or does it have to be fresh?

You need FRESH semen icing for the cookies to be effective.  Adding sprinkles has been shown to have a positive effect when injected up the vag.  Blue sprinkles = you will sleep through labor.  Green sprinkles = you will be able to sue your OB and be set for life.  Rainbow sprinkles = you will birth a unicorn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image bowman958:

image ScottsdaleMama:
    image nola78:

You need FRESH semen icing for the cookies to be effective.  Adding sprinkles has been shown to have a positive effect when injected up the vag.  Blue sprinkles = you will sleep through labor.  Green sprinkles = you will be able to sue your OB and be set for life.  Rainbow sprinkles = you will birth a unicorn.

Thanks, I was totes confused and I heard the icing is the most important part!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I deleted it bc people are rude. everyone has something obnoxious to say about it. I found them and quite a few people used them and had luck online but apparently around here, everyone had to be obnoxious about it.
  • nola78nola78
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer

image jwindt04:
    I deleted it bc people are rude. everyone has something obnoxious to say about it. I found them and quite a few people used them and had luck online but apparently around here, everyone had to be obnoxious about it.

I really don't understand how we're being obnoxious.  I'm pretty sure this is a serious discussion. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    All ALs always welcome
  • Given the number of gingerbread cookies I have eaten in my life, I'm shocked I wasn't birthing babies like the Virgin Mary!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• image jwindt04:
    I deleted it bc people are rude. everyone has something obnoxious to say about it. I found them and quite a few people used them and had luck online but apparently around here, everyone had to be obnoxious about it.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • image jwindt04:

I've heard of them and heard they work best when washed down with castor oil.  Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image nola78:

image jwindt04:

I really don't understand how we're being obnoxious.  I'm pretty sure this is a serious discussion. 

I'm literally heading to Whole Foods right now to get all the ingredients, except the icing which DH will have to help me with. I recommend making all organic cookies because it will lead to less medical interventions during birth.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do they have to be cookies, or can I make a cake?
  • image ScottsdaleMama:
    image nola78:

image jwindt04:

I'm literally heading to Whole Foods right now to get all the ingredients, except the icing which DH will have to help me with. I recommend making all organic cookies because it will lead to less medical interventions during birth.

Make sure you get gluten free, too!  Otherwise your pelvis will be too inflamed to spread and you'll be stuck with a c-section.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image botanicalbliss:
    Do they have to be cookies, or can I make a cake?

Cake is preferable for adding castor oil.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • burkemsburkems
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 250 Love Its

image botanicalbliss:

You have to add extra semen to the batter to get the right consistency for a cake.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • image botanicalbliss:

you can make a cake, but you have to have a penis pan to bake it in. it wont work unless its dong shaped. 

• image ChicagoSummer:

image botanicalbliss:

you can make a cake, but you have to have a penis pan to bake it in. it wont work unless its dong shaped. 

:-O  My DH would get so offended!  He's a little sensitive, you know, about his doodle... 

• image botanicalbliss:
    image ChicagoSummer:

image botanicalbliss:

:-O  My DH would get so offended!  He's a little sensitive, you know, about his doodle... 

tell him he doesnt need to be sensitive, unless his doodle is limp as a noodle and his pubes are trimmed like a poodle... 

• image botanicalbliss:
    image ChicagoSummer:

image botanicalbliss:

Hahahahaha doodle

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image MommyLizzy:

image botanicalbliss:

Well, if a cake will fit up there... I don't think you'll need labor cookies LO will just fall out. 

Good point!  My doctor told me not to squat down because I'm 2 cm dilated and 30% effaced and baby could come any minute!  

• image ChicagoSummer:
    image botanicalbliss:
    image ChicagoSummer:

image botanicalbliss:

tell him he doesnt need to be sensitive, unless his doodle is limp as a noodle and his pubes are trimmed like a poodle... 

lol 

BabyFruit Ticker

• ...I'm planning on making labor cookies, for realsies... but I hate it when I miss an inside joke due to a DD!

• image laurenann82:
    ...I'm planning on making labor cookies, for realsies... but I hate it when I miss an inside joke due to a DD!

This recipe is a myth and it is coincidence that some of those people who tried it kickstarted labor. However, it is interesting seeing the same 5 people responding to these goofy posts.
  • Wait, there are cookies that put you into labour?!! What did I miss?!
  • People with no sense of humor are so fun.

Oh wait....

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • image SparksEm:
    image laurenann82:
    ...I'm planning on making labor cookies, for realsies... but I hate it when I miss an inside joke due to a DD!
    This recipe is a myth and it is coincidence that some of those people who tried it kickstarted labor. However, it is interesting seeing the same 5 people responding to these goofy posts.

Oh. I was thinking like energy bar cookie things to eat while you are in labor to keep up your energy and whathaveyou. Yeah, cookies ain't gunna put you into labor! Mama didn't raise no fool! Carry on then.