July 2012 Moms

Let's talk weird crawlers

My kidlet has never grasped the concept of traditional crawling.

He actually doesn't crawl at all, he walks on his feet with his hands to the ground.

So, I'm not sure what to call it for one..two, I'm not sure where this is going, whether it is a sign that he's trying to crawl or trying to walk..
And three, do any other LO's do this particular type of crawl? I know the dead leg and the army crawl are popular, but I haven't figured this one out yet.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Let's talk weird crawlers

• My kid did the dog butt scratch move the other day. Instead of crawling he just shifted his butt and sorta hopped. So so strange.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• One of Bryson's schoolmates does this.  He doesn't do it on the balls of his feet either; just tippy toes.  It looks sooo uncomfortable.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • mine does a crab crawl...it's adorable!
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yup we do it mixed with a regular crawl, he's much faster when he does it like that thought so if he needs to get somewhere quick thats how he goes Smile I find it hilarious
    Oh the things you'll learn to do, on your journey to turning Two!
    Dating: 7.1.2008        Engaged: 11.25.11       Austin: 07.21.12     Wedding: 5.4.2013

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Half crab crawl, half backbend here. He balances himself on his head and his feet, and can get his back several inches off the ground. He scoots like that, often while clapping his hands. What a loon!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image apollonia10:
    Half crab crawl, half backbend here. He balances himself on his head and his feet, and can get his back several inches off the ground. He scoots like that, often while clapping his hands. What a loon!

Please get a video of this and show us, that has got to be the cutest thing ever!

• Milo traditional crawls, hands and feet crawls, and crawls with one knee down and the other knee up. He's all over the place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • image reinedecajun:
    My kid did the dog butt scratch move the other day. Instead of crawling he just shifted his butt and sorta hopped. So so strange.

I love this name! DD does the same thing on our wood floors. It's too funny. She'll crawl normally on the carpet though.

• Tink522Tink522
    250 Answers 500 Comments 250 Love Its Second Anniversary

image Manda+Chase:
    Milo traditional crawls, hands and feet crawls, and crawls with one knee down and the other knee up. He's all over the place.

This.  When he does the hand/feet crawl I call it his elephant walk because it reminds me of that scene in The Jungle Book.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Meow84Meow84
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    K started with this weird slither that has adapted to a more refined army crawl. She will get on all fours and rock but hasnt actually moved forward that way. She will also still log roll to her destination if its easier. The other day she remained sitting straight up and just spun around using her heels when my husband called her name.
    Page Graphics, Tumblr Graphics
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker