May 2013 Moms

We Did it Anyway!

Alright Ladies... it's been 9 months of suggestions, opinions, and dirty looks.

Let's reflect and share everything we did against the suggestion of others (not our Doctors, mainly old wives tales and such).

BabyName Ticker

Re: We Did it Anyway!

• I cleaned cat litter twice a week every week. I'm actually going to clean it again today at 40wk 1day. :)
    BabyName Ticker
  • I get a coffee or iced tea at least 5 days a week...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageslweaver0626:
    I cleaned cat litter twice a week every week. I'm actually going to clean it again today at 40wk 1day. :

Glad I wasn't the only one. Although I only did it few times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • I was so high risk I honestly didnt do anything.  I feel like such a goody goody.

I really want a turkey sub. 

ETA: Oh wait.

I drink a medium coffee everyday.  But Dr had ok'd it. 

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I've had the occasional small drink (glass of wine or shandy [half beer, half lemonade]). No guilt here!

Also, I worked up to 36 weeks, lifting small children multiple times a day to perform diaper changes. Everyone said you're not supposed to do that much lifting- my midwife was okay with it unless I wanted to stop, until I had a BP scare and she pulled me right out!  

He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
  • I cleaned cat litter every week, ate hoagies, ate sushi and drank coffee/tea.
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I can't think if anything. I was to nervous with all the issues I already had.
  • I drank coffee, ate cold turkey sandwiches and am still breast feeding my 20 month old dd.
  • I did so much more this third time around!  I had a cup of coffee every day.  I painted our newly finished basement for a few hours one afternoon.  I had a glass of wine a few times in the third tri.  I carried my 2 year-old and my 19 month old all over the place, including up and down stairs.  I took a hot bath nearly every night.  I ate sushi.  And these are just the things I can remember!  FWIW, my OB has no issues with the things I have done because they were all so minimal. It's not like I sat in a steam room, powerlifting, while huffing spray paint and chugging a bottle of wine every night.   :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had the occasional glass of red wine, drank coffee now and then, and lifted my 30 pound dog onto the bed too many times to count.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also ate shellfish, cold lunch meat, and cheap hotdogs.  I did not partake in sushi, because I don't like sushi to begin with.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I was really bad about not taking prenatal vitamins daily.

Also, painted, drank coffee, and slept on my back.   

Mom to Benjamin 6/2011 and Lena 5/2013; baby 3 on the way

• At 28 weeks I gave in and started eating lunch meat again and I have a cup of coffee once or twice a week.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The only thing I can think of is drinking coffee.   I completely gave it up during TTC and 1st tri, and most of 2nd tri, but then I started drinking a cup 4-5 mornings a week.  But since it is below my doc's 250 mg recommendation, I dont think it's cheating.

I'm a rule-follower  =)    And dangit, I really, really want a white albacore tuna sub, in a bad way.   And a cold turkey sub, too. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I drink a small cup of coffee a day, sometimes 2
    I've eaten lunch meat on occasion but have had a ton of pepperoni and hard salami
    Had a drink here and there.  A handful the entire pregnancy
    Licked the spoon of cake batter (GASP!)
    Help  my husband move furniture 

I'm bad.  :(

• CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    I drank a cup of coffee per day and ate cold cuts here and there.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • Lunch meat, slept on my back, carried DS.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • I was so petrified that something would go wrong that I stuck to everything by the letter in the beginning.  In general though I'm a fairy and tend to do as I'm told even if I see evidence to the contrary (just in case). 

Just recently I started to have the odd bit of lunch meat here and there. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LhztihLhztih member

I could not get enough sweet tea! I've done all decaf for coffee, but the tea probably makes up for it. And the soda. >.<

I've been slacking on the prenatals this last month too.

• I have a coke every single day... I wake up thinking about it!

I have subway maybe twice a month and just micro the meat first. Definitely have had mini corn dog bites at the movies, and lift everything I used to...

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• April!April! member

I drank coffee, didn't get a flu shot, and ate more than a few pastrami sandwiches. I also had two or three glasses of wine, and sips of beer here and there. I had California rolls twice, but only from a restaurant I trust.

This is reminding me I need to take my prenatals. I was so good until the last few weeks and now I keep forgetting!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • MmW36MmW36 member
    I got in a hot tub. It had been raining and the water really wasn't that hot. The baths I take have definitely been higher in temperature. I was curious and put a thermometer in-- the baths I was taking were way over 100 degrees. Oops. 
  • Had champagne at weddings, sipped on husband's beers, had a large diet coke at least every other week, slept on my stomach until 30weeks, slept on my back, helped paint a wall of baby's room, worked on my feet for 8hrs a day til 37weeks, ate medium rare steaks, ate eggs Benedict, I still cross my legs, didn't get a flu shot and didn't replace my Costco sized bottle of prenatals when they ran out a little over a month ago... 3 days til d day and doc says baby looks strong and healthy!
  • I had over easy eggs whenever we went out for breakfast. I had a small coffee two to three times a week almost every week. I carried my 35 lb daughter everywhere. I still cleaned the bathrooms just tried to make sure I stepped out often due to the fumes. That's all I can think of right now.

Edit : mobile ate my symbols

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Drank a latte everyday, occasional glass of vino starting in 2nd tri, turkey subs like they were going out of style, painted my nursery and DD's room, carried heavy boxes for work, went to the hair and nail salon....pretty much carried on life as normal, when I read back over this list.
  • I have had cold deli meat, sushi, coffee, cookie dough, brownie batter, I've lifted heavy things when I wasn't suppose to...the only thing I changed really was alcohol. 
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • I drank things with caffeine every day, lifted my 2 year old except when I was on bed rest (30-36 weeks). I ate sub sandwiches maybe once a week. I have been really bad at taking my prenatals since about 35 weeks.

Completely different from my first pregnancy.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I drank coffee until Abram developed an arrhythmia at 33 weeks. I took a lot of hot baths. probably going to take another in a little while. I lifted a lot of heavy stuff, and we've painted 2 rooms, will be painting another in the next week or so. I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of!

I also got a tattoo the day before my (surprise) BFP

eta: so many raw, unpasteurized egg yolks, yummm.
  • I had my first turkey sandwich yesterday with a pepsi it was everything and more simple but orgasmic when you haven't eaten something for Almost 10 months
  • Lets see... Ate cold meat sandwiches, lifted my 32lb 2 yr old even though I got a stern talk about not lifting anything over 25lbs. Help lift patients at my job, had a occasional caramel frappachino yummy!, and stood on ladders or chairs. Did the samething with last child and she fine. Little complications at the end of pregnancy but I surely doubt it was caused by any of this. I now have 2 healthy girls.
  • MrsJ723MrsJ723 member

*Ate a few turkey Subway subs and some hot turkey subs

*Drank way too much sweet tea

*Ate brie

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ecgal87ecgal87 member
    I've had at least one tea or soda almost every day, but stayed well within caffeine limits all the way through 2nd trimester.  I've overdone it on some days since 3rd tri, but nothing crazy.  I've had hot dogs here and there the whole time and 2 turkey sandwiches in the past week.  I can't say I've had a sip of wine since my BFP, but I'm not saying I wouldn't if it was presented to me.  Just haven't been around any.

BabyFetus Ticker
    June 2010- Got married after 6 years of dating
    May 2013- Bennett was born
    Nov 2014- BFP! Due Date 7/27/2015

• I had one beer and I treat myself with diet cokes, but my doctor said the soda was okay.
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    I was pretty good in first tri, but since then, I've had a few tasty alcoholic beverages, drank a soda a day, ate cold turkey subs and sandwiches [I've been obsessed lately], painted a couple rooms without the best of ventilation, and did a lot of heavy lifting when DH wasn't around.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• third time around I was much more relaxed about the "rules"

carried the older two around, drank coffee most days of the week, occasional 3rd tri red wine, sushi all the way through, and did bootcamp into 2nd tri.

violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
    expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd
  • I've had at least a cup of sweet tea or soda every single day. It's diet since I was diagnosed with GD, which some consider even worse. Oh, how I can't wait for sweet tea again!

I've also taken a very,very warm or hot bath every night.

• imagelove.love:
    third time around I was much more relaxed about the "rules"

carried the older two around, drank coffee most days of the week, occasional 3rd tri red wine, sushi all the way through, and did bootcamp into 2nd tri.

I love your sig pic. 

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • kasabbykasabby member
    I drank coffee, painted, and slept on my back. Oh the horror!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ALP514ALP514 member

I've been so cautious about what i put in my body due to GD, hypertension and a family history of complicated births ( i know that doesnt effect me but it was more of a nervous factor, I was a preemie 3lbs 2.0z). 

I think the most i can say is sneaking a cookie here and there when my sugar levels were fine.

Other then that im excited to indulge in a brownie sundae with extra whip cream and hot fudge.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Apparently my future children are doomed because I think I was worse than most people saying they were bad since it was a second or third pregnancy.  

I drank coffee everyday, painted, sealed our deck, climbed ladders and stools, ate cold lunch meat all the time, medium rare steaks,  and caesar salads, had some of H's beer here and there, drank champagne a couple times, carried heavy furniture up and down stairs, slept on my back, lifted my 5 y/o Godson.  

Pretty much the only thing I changed and stopped doing while pregnant was drinking alcohol like normal.  Oh and I gave up diet pop.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"