Baby Names

Rank my short list?

I posted a few days ago asking for suggestions after finding out at our A/S we're having a boy.

I think we're getting closer, but I'm interested in your thoughts on the below combinations and any other suggestions you might have.  Our last name is one syllable and harsh.

Wesley Brighton (MN has meaning, FN we just like)

Louis/Lewis Alan (MN has meaning, FN we just like and can't agree on a spelling)

Wesley Louis/Lewis or Louis/Lewis Wesley

Donovan Alan (MN has meaning, FN we just like)

Louis/Lewis Donovan 

Thanks so much! You ladies have been very helpful. 

Re: Rank my short list?

• I adore Wesley Brighton! That's my first choice. And then:

Louis Wesley

Louis Alan

Louis Donovan

Wesley Louis (don't like the flow)

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~

• My favorite is:

Wesley Brighton

2. Wesley Louis

3. Louis Donovan

4. Louis Alan

5. Donovan Alan

Any are good with a one-syllable name. I don't like the repeated -an in Donovan Alan. 

• image Manderlin923:
    I adore Wesley Brighton! That's my first choice. And then:Louis WesleyLouis AlanLouis DonovanWesley Louis don't like the flow

Exactly my thoughts!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kate: 22  DH: 23
    Married: 6.14.14
    TTC coming soon!

Daisypath - Personal pictureimage

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

• I love Wesley!  It's such a fantastic name. 

I think Wesley Brighton and Wesley Louis both sound nice but if Brighton has special meaning then I'd go with that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are all so helpful!  Thank you!  I agree with whomever said they don't like the repeated -an in Donovan Alan; that hadn't occurred to me but now I can't get past it.

Wesley Brighton is my favorite too :)  But DH loves Louis (actually he prefers "Lewis") because I had a dream where the baby told me that was his name, haha.  I prefer the Louis spelling, but curious to know if others feel the same about that. 

• I love Wesley as a first name (either of your FN/MN combos are great).  I don't like Donovan at all. 
  • image ferris0906:
    I love Wesley as a first name (either of your FN/MN combos are great).  I don't like Donovan at all. 

This is the same for me.  GL!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• I like Wesley Brighton and Louis Alan
    Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • image ken&kendra:

My favorite is:

Wesley Brighton

2. Wesley Louis

3. Louis Donovan

4. Louis Alan

5. Donovan Alan

Any are good with a one-syllable name. I don't like the repeated -an in Donovan Alan. 

This is exactly the rank as I see it!  I really like Wesley Brighton, especially since it has a special meaning. 

Hazel 7/08  -  Genevieve 8/09  -  Wesley 9/13
  • Joy2611Joy2611
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary

Shoot.  I love ALL YOUR NAMES.

Can I push for the Louis spelling?  I don't like Lewis at all.  EDIT: Both are legit, I just like the tie-in to French and French royalty with the Louis spelling.  It feels more classic and timeless to me.  It also feels more like a first name and the Lewis spelling feels more last name, but that might just be me.

1. Louis Donovan

2. Wesley Louis

3. Louis Alan

4. Wesley Brighton

5. Donovan Alan

~ fifteen cycles ~ march 2014: chemical pregnancy ~
    ~ november 2014: diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, began levothyroxine synthroid (it matters) ~
     image   image    image

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

• Wesley Brighton is a great name!
  • I love Lewis Donovan!  I prefer the spelling Lewis so there's no pronunciation issues.  Also, it was my grandfather's middle name, so I'm a fan.
    Anniversary 
  • I like Wesley best on your list.  Wesley Brighton and Wesley Louis are nice. Wesley Alan or Wesley Donovan also sound good together too.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Of your choices, Wesley Brighton is by far my favorite. It sounds good together to me and I like that it has meaning.

For some reason I'm just not a fan of Louis/Lewis or Donovan, though I think all of your choices flow pretty nicely.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• image junewife:

You are all so helpful!  Thank you!  I agree with whomever said they don't like the repeated -an in Donovan Alan; that hadn't occurred to me but now I can't get past it.

Wesley Brighton is my favorite too :)  But DH loves Louis (actually he prefers "Lewis") because I had a dream where the baby told me that was his name, haha.  I prefer the Louis spelling, but curious to know if others feel the same about that. 

I agree with your preference, if not only for one reason, I have a buddy Louis, he goes by Lou.  If it was Lewis, would it be Lew?  That would be strange to me, but I don't know anyone that spells it that way, so that could be why.

TTC#1 since April 2011. BFP 6/1/12, mmc discovered 7/17, D&E 7/20/12
  • I love Louis - with that spelling.  And I like the middle name having meaning, so I like Louis Alan.
    June '15 Dec Siggy Challenge.  Awkward Family Holiday Pics

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Donovan Lewis!
    Carly

First month TTCing #2 7/12

My DX: Lupus, PCOS, LPD and LP/DH's DX: LM
    m/c 10/04, m/c 7/05
    Pregnant with DD, after 3 rounds of Clomid, 8/06, loss of her twin 11/06
    m/c 1/09, mc 2/13, c/p 5/13
    1st round of Clomid this time (50 mg) 10/13- BFN
    2nd round of Clomid (100 mg) 11/13- BFN
    Cycle #18: 12/13- Break from meds for yet another HSG for me and yet another SA for DH. We're on our own this month! 

Potato Launcher

• 1. Wesley Brighton

2. Lewis Alan

3. Lewis Donovan 

4.  Wesley Louis/Donovan Alan

Those last two don't sound great to me. For some reason I prefer Lewis to Louis, something about Louis just seems old man-ish to me (and I can't get the face of Louis Litt from Suits out of my head).

Oh, and Wesley Brighton wins by a mile! 

P.S. seaheather24 I LOVE your siggy of your son, super cute! 

names    chart    blog
    BFP 6/10/14 - EDD 2/20/15 - MC 7/17/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards